Swine flu more serious in those with strong immune systems? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-07-2009, 10:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Humus is a good idea, I think I can get 2 of them to eat that, just not sure I have the ingredients.

The good news is my DD slept through the night and isn't nearly as warm today. She said that when she was sleeping she didn't have coughs and she feels better. I'm hoping the worst is over and she doesn't give it to everyone else.

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2009, 12:10 PM

ONe of the reasons that older people are not getting as sick from the H1N1 strain is because there was a similar strain many years ago (50ish) so they have some resistance. THe young crowd's immunity hasn't had any exposure to this particular strain and doesn't have any resistance to start with. I'm pretty sure that we're fighting it now!!
Katie
Old 10-07-2009, 01:05 PM

I have 5 wee ones with what I think is the flu at home now... I am also 7 months pg. I just called the DR to ask if they would refill some asthma meds for my 4 year old. I am waiting to hear back from them.... My question is- I am right now feeling fine- but all this information I read about the flu being worse in a pg woman has me wondering if I should even consider taking any of that antiviral stuff they say can help prevent it? I plan to ask the Dr when they call back- but just wondered if any crunchy mamas have researched the risks/benefits of the tamiflu? (I think that is what it is?) meds?

I am taking elderberry and drinking loads of emergen-c right now to hopefully help prevent it... I am just teetering on that line in between medical and natural and am not sure what to do?

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." ~William Morris

User Tag List