HELP! Question About Vitamin D Testing - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 09-22-2009, 11:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you for your reply. I have been fretting about this all day and I talked to someone else today who said that it was surprising too, that really I wasn't giving her all that much.
Her dr. said that maybe she just wasn't deficient in the first place and it was just too much for her....said something about how she was mostly formula fed and had a lot of D that way. Which I don't know if that makes sense or not. She hasn't been on any formula for over a year and a half. She also asked about her milk intake...she only gets 16 oz of that a day so even if she were getting d from that it wouldn't be that much would it??
She has low muscle tone and apraxia of speech. At the same time we did this test we also had blood drawn for some tests her neurologist wanted to do, metabolic panel and I can't remember what all else.
I'm wondering if she has something going on that would cause her levels to be so high?? Would that make any sense whatsoever?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 32 Old 09-22-2009, 11:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It sounds like your DD has other health issues going on, most of which are well beyond me. The only thing I can think of is that the fat-soluble vitamins are supposed to protect each other from toxicity, could your DD be very low in pre-formed vitamin A? Doesn't seem like it would normally be an issue (though my son was fairly low in the past--but haven't seen issues like you are) but maybe your daughter is more prone to imbalances like that? We've got some health things going on, and I've seen some sensitivities in my son that most kids would be able to compensate for, but I need to learn by trial-and-error with him.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page