Thieves Eo from Young Living - Opinions? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-15-2009, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi. Does anyone have any opinions or experience with using the thieves essential oil from young living? TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2009, 08:53 PM

An acquaintance of mine uses it and swears by it. I've been looking into it myself, but haven't chosen to purchase it just yet (money constraints).

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

Old 09-15-2009, 09:06 PM

There is a thread around which gives info on making the oil yourself. I'm going to buy the oils and make it next week.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:42 PM

Young Living does have great eo's - but they are expensive.
It's really easy to make your own thieves oil!
Thieves Oil Recipe

fp
Old 09-16-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrannieP View Post
Young Living does have great eo's - but they are expensive.
It's really easy to make your own thieves oil!
Thieves Oil Recipe

fp
do you know if it is cinnamon leaf?
Old 09-16-2009, 03:27 PM

I've been thinking of buying this myself, since I've heard so many people rave about it. What is the most common way it's used? rubbed in the feet, inhaled? is this to stimulate the immune system? any other benefits? Can it be used when pregnant, or on children (topically)? I'm kind of clueless, but I think the idea of it is great and I'd like to try it. I'm probably not looking to take it internally though.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by es1967 View Post
do you know if it is cinnamon leaf?
I've always used the bark, (Cinnamomum verum).

Quote:
I've been thinking of buying this myself, since I've heard so many people rave about it. What is the most common way it's used? rubbed in the feet, inhaled? is this to stimulate the immune system? any other benefits? Can it be used when pregnant, or on children (topically)? I'm kind of clueless, but I think the idea of it is great and I'd like to try it. I'm probably not looking to take it internally though.
I've never taken it internally either. EO's are VERY potent and IMO should not be taken lightly - I think they are often used dangerously actually.

We use Thieves Oil in a diffuser b/c it's antibacterial/antiviral properties help kill airborne pathogens. I also carry it in a spray bottle and mist our space in public places - I've even used it to wipe off phones, computer keyboards, etc out in public -(I know! I'm neurotic!) I've also used it topically on myself - super diluted in a carrier oil.
I wouldn't feel comfortable using it on small children - but I know many ppl who do.
Perhaps others will chime in w/ their experience.

I really love the way it smells.
fp
Old 09-16-2009, 08:43 PM

I went to someone's home and they had it in a diffuser too. It smelled so good. FrannieP what type of diffuser do you have? I also need to buy this next. I'm just not sure which is best. I saw a few on the Young Living site but they have a few different kinds. Sorry if I asked you this in another thread. I cannot remember.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:59 PM

So glad to find this thread! Have been looking for a Thieve's Oil recipe since I saw the NY Times article the other day.

: Wife, and grateful mama to DD : (b. 11/17/2006), DS (b/d 8/3/2004) and 2 sweet s
Old 09-16-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliegirl View Post
So glad to find this thread! Have been looking for a Thieve's Oil recipe since I saw the NY Times article the other day.
Thanks for posting this!
Old 01-30-2014, 01:56 PM

I have been searching through post threads about essential oils to see if I can offer any advice.

First, I'd like to mention that Young Living therapeutic grade Thieves EO is very hot.  So if you are to apply it to the skin, it must be diluted.  Thieves is actually considered to be a supplement (it has a Supplemental Facts label on the bottle).  Since it can be taken internally, I also enjoy a drop mixed in with my tea.

Young Living also sells a complete Thieves product line including the Household Cleaner, hand sanitizer, lozenges, mouthwash, toothpaste, floss, spray, Inner Defense.  I love all the products that contain Thieves as well - especially the household cleaner and hand sanitizer!  If you are looking for a toothpaste that is non-toxic and effective, Thieves Aromabright toothpaste is fantastic!

To learn more:

YLgrassroots.com

Please PM me your email address if you would like me to add you to my newsletter on essential oils :)

User Tag List