Rash on sprained ankle - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 09-17-2009, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH sprained his ankle on Monday. Doc says he partially tore the ligaments. His whole foot is still very swollen. He has a removable air cast.

A small patch of skin (about half dollar sized) started itching yesterday. There are a bunch of small bumps, but they're not red. You can barely see them, but you can feel them. It sort of reminds me of baby acne but the bumps are not filled with anything and they're not red.

I'm putting hydrocortizone on it but we still can't figure out what it is.

His foot isn't sweating and he takes the cast off for a good part of the day to keep his foot elevated with ice. I don't think it's an allergic reaction to anything. The only meds he's taking is Motrin which he's taken many times before and this is a very local rash. Diet/soap/cleaner hasn't changed.

At first I thought it was itchy because of the skin stretching from being swollen but the bumps are throwing me.

Ideas?

Rebecca, CPST, Navy wife to Chris, furmama to Fenway

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page