Scabies...PLEASE HELP! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-23-2009, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, our battle started about 7 months ago when ds had a rash. We took him in to the doc, and said it was eczema. To make a very long story short, 3 more visits (all to different docs) still eczema. Flash forward to now, my skin, my partners skin, and my mom and dad's skin are all broke out. My mother went (twice), doc said eczema. My Dad went this week (diff. doc)...took one look at it and said SCABIES. Awesome. So, we have had scabies this whole time, and if we had learned this sooner...no one else would have gotten it. Well, atleast not my parents and possibly my partner's parents.

My mom gave me a tube of the permetrin cream (5%, prescription). I have read very conflicting info on whether I should or should not nurse while using it, or after. What have you mama's done? Opinions? And what do you do when your nursling is crying out to nurse? I know I have to cover his hands, how on earth do I keep socks on his hands to make sure he doesn't lick this awful medicine off? What do I do about cleaning? I am so scared of getting reinfected with this. Please help. Anything anyone has to offer would be greatly appreciated. I am so distraught. I have no idea how he got it. I HATE that I have to put this awful, toxic med on. Yesterday I was sifting through the body products aisle to find good ones, and couldn't find any without crappy ingredients so I didn't get any, and tonight I'm applying this toxic substance to our bodies. Go figure. Yuck. I guess thats life, but seriously, any help, advice, stories, anything would help. Thank you.

caffix.gifChristine: Mama to bouncy.gif  DS 04/17/08  *Infant Stroke Survivor*  Always remembering:  brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif

Took a 'break' from TTC and look what happened:  2ndtri.gif!!!!    praying.gif  for a healthy, full term baby to be born August 2012!!  Hoping for a vbac.gif!

#2 of 3 Old 11-07-2013, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Searching through scabies threads today, as we were exposed today. Did you get rid of the scabies? What helped?

Thanks!

mom to 4 kids, ages 20 mos to 11 years

#3 of 3 Old 02-09-2014, 07:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

My family is battling scabies this month too. All 6 of us were prescribed the permethrin cream, and I did laundry almost all day yesterday because someone told my husband we have to wash ALL our clothes, not just the clothes we've worn recently that haven't gone through the wash yet. There's a small mountain of clothes on the garage floor, and I filled up 8 new bins with clean clothes. We bathed before putting the permethrin on. We are blessed to be moving at the same time, so that we can leave most of our stuff in our old house and live in a couple of rooms in our new house (the rest of the house isn't ready yet) hoping that the scabies will die at our old house without us there to eat. Is anyone else battling this? If you've conquered this before, do you have any advice? I'm doing my best not to give up. So far only one of us has shown symptoms. We're hoping to not have to buy 6 lotion bottle prescription refills because it cost over $100 USD the first time.

May God bless you and His Blessed Mother Mary keep you!  :-)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page