Chicken pox - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-24-2009, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What does the chicken pox rash look like?
Could it start in the diaper area?

Unvaxing, Breastfeeding, Cloth diapering, Mama cloth loving, Passionate about all things natural Mommy to CJ-8/03, AG-9/05, JJ-6/08. And married to my best friend Feb.2005!
#2 of 10 Old 09-24-2009, 11:34 PM

It did with my DD! She had one on her face that seemed just like a red spot and I was obsessing over whether it was chicken pox. I changed her diaper after DH had done so all day and I was wondering how on earth he could possibly not mention what it looked like down there. At the time I said if it wasn't chicken pox it was the most alarming diaper rash I'd ever seen. It looked nothing like any diaper rash she'd ever had. Lots of small blisters. The diaper area ones were the worst bc they are all cooped up in there but they didn't seem to bother DD eventhough she had the most there. They just lasted the longest.
#3 of 10 Old 09-25-2009, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilpunkins View Post
What does the chicken pox rash look like?
Could it start in the diaper area?
Typically start as red spots and then turn into blisters...they can start anywhere. Do a google image search to see pictures.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#4 of 10 Old 09-27-2009, 12:01 AM

With my 3 yr old daughter; she woke up at like 12am with a fever. When my MIL was changing her diaper she had a huge whelp on her hiney and a few spots in her diaper area. The next morning she had more spots and a whelp on her face. Every time I looked at her she had more spots. From what I understand the whelps were from fever. She ran fever the whole time she had CP.
My 8 mo old son just got the virus the other day. When I was changing him Tuesday morning he had them in his diaper; they looked like blisters. An hour or so later they were all over his face and head. They have spread to his body. He has the spots much worse than my daughter did. I think it is probably because he hasn't run fever at all with the infection.
With both of my kids I let them breakout for a day before I started saturating them with Vitamin C and I rub them down two or three times a day with Almond and Tea Tree oil. The chicken pox started drying up immediately. My daughter was over it in like 4 or 5 days. My sons spots are dried up already

Kyla Rae (5yr)   Casey IV (3 yr) h20homebirth.gif  Hazel (6weeks) h20homebirth.gif

#5 of 10 Old 09-27-2009, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

My 15 M/O DS has the worst diaper rash I have ever seen! Big red blotchy bumps. DH keeps insisting they're chicken pox, but he has no fever & they're only spreading around in his diaper area!
I did a google search & looked at pix b4 I posted here. Some pix looked like what he's got others didnt at all!
I tried balmex, made a paste w/ probiotics, made a paste w/ slippery elm, added TTO & collidal silver to the slippery elm, desitin creamy, calimine lotion, raw honey, ACV (this one was terrible even diluted 50/50 it still burned him sooo bad) Monistat external cream is what I've been using today. NOTHING IS WORKING! My mom said it could be a virus...??? I just found a site w/ a bunch of ideas though, baths w/ baking soda, tea bags in the dipe, egg whites, & coconut oil. I have every single one of those things at my house so at least I have some new ideas to try tommorrow....I think you're supposed to add raw shea butter to the coconut oil, but I'll give it a try by itself.

Unvaxing, Breastfeeding, Cloth diapering, Mama cloth loving, Passionate about all things natural Mommy to CJ-8/03, AG-9/05, JJ-6/08. And married to my best friend Feb.2005!
#6 of 10 Old 09-27-2009, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilpunkins View Post
My 15 M/O DS has the worst diaper rash I have ever seen! Big red blotchy bumps. .
Both of my kids got a diaper rash like that...turns out it was the soap I was bathing them with.(liquid casteel) They also got a terrible rash like that from Huggies wipes. Try air-ing the hiney and sun light.

Kyla Rae (5yr)   Casey IV (3 yr) h20homebirth.gif  Hazel (6weeks) h20homebirth.gif

#7 of 10 Old 09-27-2009, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh1180 View Post
and I rub them down two or three times a day with Almond and Tea Tree oil.
Not in the diaper area or face.

#8 of 10 Old 09-27-2009, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

I've been using the same soap on him since he was born, so I doubt that's the cause....I did make my own detergent for his diapers, which he did fine with, but then I used 1/4 C instead of 1/8 C cuz they were getting kinda stinky....I thought that might have been what caused it, after the fact. But he's been in sposies for a few days now & I washed the dipes in a plain hot wash twice, no soap or detergent whatsoever. I'm thinking I might have to boil them though B/C he's already had 2 yeast infections, so this also might be due to some kind of bacteria build up in the dipes.
We also ate A LOT of beans about a week and a half ago when my vegitarian sister was visiting, so he basically got a double dose of them due to BFing.
I'm trying the probiotics again b/c I saw a tiny bit of improvment from the monistat stuff, but it's still spreading....

#9 of 10 Old 10-09-2009, 09:12 PM

My little one (18 mo) was exposed to CP 2 weeks ago and only has spots in her diaper area. I thought this was a strange diaper rash since she only wears one diaper per day (at night) and doesn't get diaper rash anymore. She also has a runny nose (upper respiratory symptoms go with CP). The spots don't seem to bother her much. I called her ped today and spots can be very localized like that. Would make sense to me that it would be worse in a compromised region of the body like the diaper area- sensitive skin + wet diapers. Ouch! Doesn't seem to be bothering her much though, thank God!
#10 of 10 Old 10-09-2009, 09:18 PM

Hey - we need to get the CP....come visit me :-)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page