Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2009, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
There are some things for which natural remedies are helpful. But some serious conditions, like cancer, need the sledgehammer of western medicine. I think ignoring this fact is nothing short of dangerous.

: to the OP. I'm so sorry. You'll be in my thoughts.
ITA with this. Get as much info as you can, weigh your options, take what action you can. But also know that even if you cannot be cured, there are many treatments that may give you more time, and that if and when the time comes to stop seeking cure, hospice is a wonderful resource for you and your family. I wish you peace and healing in this very scary and difficult time, OP.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:54 PM

My neighbor was diagnosed with colon cancer and given 6 months to live. It has been 4 years and she is cancer free

My grandmother was told her stomach cancer (which had previously been surgically removed and she was given the free and clear) had spread to her lung, was stage 4, and she had only 6 months to live. She got a second opinion, and was told that she DOESN"T EVEN HAVE CANCER.

Mircles happen. My prayers are with you mama

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif
Old 11-18-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
There are some things for which natural remedies are helpful. But some serious conditions, like cancer, need the sledgehammer of western medicine. I think ignoring this fact is nothing short of dangerous.

: to the OP. I'm so sorry. You'll be in my thoughts.
I couldn't agree more.

Op, I am so very sorry that you are going through this, but it sounds like you are staying strong
Old 11-18-2009, 10:30 PM

Healing vibes your way. You'll be in my thoughts...
Old 11-18-2009, 11:56 PM

I don't know if this avenue has already been mentioned, but did you think about exploring intravenous vitamin C therapy? Here is an article entitled 'Research backs theory that Vitamin C shrinks tumors."

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...rs-471757.html

Original studies by Linus Pauling (who won 2 nobel prizes for his research) suggest that high doses of intravenous vitamin C in the form of sodium ascorbate. will kill cancer cells. Here is another link that states what other researchers have found:

http://www.physorg.com/news6427.html

Quote from the above article states:

Quote:
The researchers found ascorbate killed cancer cells at concentrations that would only be achievable through intravenous infusion. Normal cells were not affected by ascorbate at any concentration.

Additionally, the scientists report ascorbate treatment led to the formation of hydrogen peroxide, a chemical that can kill cells, suggesting a potential mechanism for the therapy.
It couldn't hurt to explore. The vitamin C foundation claims that vitamin C in any dosage is completely harmless. Here is a link to the vitamin C foundation's page on cancer.

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/vitcancer.shtml

I am reading a book right now by Dr. Levy, who specializes in IV Vitamin C. It's amazing what Pauling and Klenner (another vitamin C expert) cured with high dosage IV sodium ascorbate. Klenner cured 60 out of 60 polio cases when polio was an epidemic, but his work was not recognized by mainstream medical professionals. Even after he spoke at a convention on it about polio. It sounds very promising.

If you go to the vitamin C discussion forum, there is a very knowledgable orthomolecular naturopath by the name of Dr. Own Fonoro. This man is very friendly, and even called me on the telephone once when I had questions about how much C I should be giving my son.

Hugs to you. I am so sorry you are going through this. Your situation will be in my prayers.

FEAR- Emergency Scriptures That Come To Your Rescue During Times Of Fear, Worry, and Anxiety For Your Kindle

Old 11-19-2009, 12:06 AM

My apologies if someone has already mentioned this, but I wanted to recommend the book "Cancer, Step Outside the Box" by Ty Bollinger. It is a wonderful source of information on natural remedies, including the intravenous vitamin C therapy.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:53 AM

(((((((((((GoodFairy))))))))
Old 11-19-2009, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvaine Undomiel View Post
(((((((((((GoodFairy))))))))
Yeah that.

I hope you find peace.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubfam View Post
Yeah that.

I hope you find peace.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:34 AM

OP, would you be willing to tell us some of the symptoms you have experienced over the years? I totally understand if you don't want to. Thank you for your inspirational strength. I am sure you will put together a team that you feel good about.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:00 AM

Hello,

I have removed several posts that were debating different treatment methods.

This thread is for love and support for the OP. If you have advice please do feel free to offer that but debating isn't really helpful here. The OP needs to make her own choices.

~Jessica

Not all those who wander are lost 
Old 11-20-2009, 09:25 AM

may you find the strength to fight this and find healing.

have you read Anti- Cancer by David Serban Schreiber?

hugs
Old 01-24-2010, 09:38 PM

Jean, hope that you are doing better and have found a treatment that is successful for you.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:05 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
To GoodFairy: ((HUGS)) and sending you all the love and support I can...thinking of you...

Get as many opinions as you can and even then, take them with a huge grain of salt. My husband's aunt fought pancreatic cancer for years. Ultimately she did not win, but at the outset her doctors gave her 6 months. She was with us for 5 years (!). Managed to see her daughter get married and her first grandchild born...never give up. And don't take those doctors' prognoses as fact.

Mother to DD#1  s/b @40w 2003 for unknown reasons; DD#2   nearly 10 years old; DS  6.5 years old 
  Why are daughters protected but not sons?

Old 01-25-2010, 01:05 AM

I work for a surgeon, General as well as specializing in Colon/Rectal. I see so much. just so so much. good and bad.

we have one woman, who ignored symptoms for a year or so, due to lack of insurance. rectal bleeding, pain, chronic bowel trouble, etc. she came to us last year in her early 50's, her cancer has spread and she is doing terribly. TERRIBLY.

but you could tell, she gave up almost right away. she accepted and did all the treatments, surgery, removal of her colon, chemo and radiation with her oncologist. tons of scans and surgeries. and meds. she became/is terribly addicted to 3 or 4 pain meds, she uses an incredible amount on a daily basis. I really think that all of that weakened her body more than the original cancer.

The people who are positive, who try alternative methods, in balance with western/modern medicine, do better.

knowing what I know I would use conservative medical treatments, and also focus heavily on alternative treatments. dozens of CT and Nuclear scans keep track of tumors and malignancies, but to what other positive effects?

I have seen people fight this, and do well.

stay strong and remain positive. PLEASE. love and hugs to you. I will be thinking of you.

eta: you REALLY need to trust your oncologist, and your surgeon. you need to feel they are fighting for you. The surgeon I work for will do ANYTHING for our patients, as will I. we talk to them at all hours and for as long as they need. I call with labs and results immediately. we get them in within a few hours with any changes or concerns.

I would keep talking until you find that doc that you feel is behind you. our patients love us, and we love them. there is no other way.

User Tag List