body cleanse for a nursing mother - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-25-2009, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
Yes, it might be. It may also be food allergy/intolerance... Although that may be a chicken and the egg problem...
I believe zeolite is sort of like bentonite in that it will decrease your circulating toxins. I've been considering taking some bentonite myself... There's another current thread about that, you may want to check it out: here.
I'm not sure about caraway seeds, but I do know that cilantro/coriander mobilizes mercury... so I'd be cautious even with something seemingly that innocuous.
The bold part, is that your impression? Cause the stuff mamafish has seen giving her DS zeolite gives me the impression that it's definitely mobilizing metals. I've never looked into zeolite more than just reading about it casually, but it looks like it's mobilizing based on the symptoms she's seeing and the work she's needing to do to keep him feeling good while he's taking it.

FWIW, I think coriander, the seed, is totally different than cilantro. I think you can enjoy coriander with abandon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trus View Post
Thanl you for all those posts!
I wonder now if taking wheatgrass powder or juice, zeolite or MSM or drinkiong 3 glasses of beet and green juice would be considered a cleanse? it gives me creeps that some supplemetns or foods that I take might work as a cleanse and wake up those toxins that later will be dumpted to my milk.

I am not ready to wean yet. But I am also wondering if the level of toxins I currently have is so high that it would be better to wean. I am really concerned about breasfeeding now.

As for liver flushes, i wouldn't do them with olive oil while nurisng. These is a rally mild one using beets. As for herbal cleanses, there is a really mild one designed for nursing mothers where you start taking some condiments, like caraway seeds, then add some calamus root.

Anyway, right now I am wondering if I should stop taking zeolite on the occasion and drink green juices.

My kid sleeps bad at night, but I think it's a tummy problem. Might it be caused by toxins in my milk?
So you need to figure out why his stomach is so easily upset. For my kids, it was a combination of food intolerances and a bad bacterial balance in the gut, both of which were due to our toxic load situation. DS's food intolerances get worse when his circulating toxins go up--we can cycle between no reaction to some foods to facial rashes and diaper rash based on how overloaded his liver is. Mobilizing toxins in both kids causes stomach upset now. I think it's possible that it's related to what you've been taking. I wouldn't take zeolite while nursing. If you've been doing green juices, I'm not going to say stop, but I got a nasty headache the one time I tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trus View Post
Does it mean that nursing mothers can not eat cilantro? I know that cilantro helps you with heavy metals overload as well as chlorella. BTW, does anybody take spirulina or chlorella? They are somewhat detoxifying too, but in my opinion, it is not wise to stay away from cilantro or those algae during nursing as they are very rich in substances that are great for us.

Please explain to me how doing a couple of enemas at home is damaging to your kid? Your body gets rid of gunk that has been poisoning you and your breastfed little one. How is that bad? You, a nursing mother, feel better after doing an enema. Doesn't it mean that your little one will feel better too? I would imagine that feeling bad after an enema bag meant a big deal, but it is never a case. I, for example, always feel great after ridding myself of some build-up with a help of enema. I figure if it does good to me, how can it be bad for my little one?
The bold part is a red flag. It is very possible for mom to mobilize toxins from somewhere and feel better, but also end up with more circulating through her bloodstream. The lemon I mentioned in my earlier post? I juiced a lemon in the morning for a while, and within 2-3 days, I was feeling better, I noticed improvements in my mood and a bit in energy. And it took more than a week to consider hey, is this good for DS? And it had increased his vitamin C bowel tolerance level by more than 10 grams per day. For DS and me, our bowel tolerance amt of vitamin C has been a very reliable indicator of how many toxins are mobilized, and it shot up in him. Oops. THAT'S what I mean by how mom can feel better and it's bad for the nurseling.

FWIW, at this point I'd focus on nutrients for both of you and stop anything that's supposed to mobilize or detoxify. Things more vitamin C, magnesium, maybe zinc, along those lines.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post
The bold part, is that your impression? Cause the stuff mamafish has seen giving her DS zeolite gives me the impression that it's definitely mobilizing metals. I've never looked into zeolite more than just reading about it casually, but it looks like it's mobilizing based on the symptoms she's seeing and the work she's needing to do to keep him feeling good while he's taking it.

FWIW, I think coriander, the seed, is totally different than cilantro. I think you can enjoy coriander with abandon.
I don't know where my brain went last night. I realize she's mobilizing- she's even SAID she's PULLING things and just before I posted this I was even thinking to myself how zeolite would be bad but bentonite was okay so I'm not sure why that came out of my fingers.
Thanks for clearing up my idiocy, Tanya.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
Old 10-25-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
I don't know where my brain went last night. I realize she's mobilizing- she's even SAID she's PULLING things and just before I posted this I was even thinking to myself how zeolite would be bad but bentonite was okay so I'm not sure why that came out of my fingers.
Thanks for clearing up my idiocy, Tanya.
I wondered if that was just a mis-type on your part. Silly you, you type things backwards when you've had no more than 2-hour stretches of sleep for how long?
Old 10-26-2009, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

should there be any greens in the diet or a nursing mother? all greens have detoxifying effect.
well, if you don't gently move stuff out of you and let it sit for, say, 4 years of nurseling, one may end up with a desease caused by the toxins. How can vitamin supplents help?
also, does it matter what probiotic brand to give to toddler I am giving a really pricey one and other people still suggest other products. I wonder why. Mine is such a clean product. I must admit, though, I don't see it relief my son't tummy problems.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

I decided to post a summary of what have been said above. Maybe someone will want to add to that.

The majority doesn't think that cleansing during nursing is a smart idea because toxins will dump into the milk. Here are other options that have been suggested:

-gradually phasing out white foods (sugar, white flour, white rice, etc.), industrial meat and animal products, and caffeine, adding more vegetables, especially greens, drinking tons of water
-looking at nutrients, vitamin D is an obvious one if you've been ill too much, but things like zinc and selenium, which are needed to make glutathione and which gets low when metals get high and are both involved with immune function, folate and B12 are important for detoxification too, and extra vitamin C will help give your body a pathway for toxins that are already circulating.
-Have you tried digestive enzymes for improving digestion/stool? Vitamin A, B12, folate, zinc, etc for getting sick often? What metals are you looking at? Do you show signs of toxicity from them? Does your nursling?
-I would exhaust other, safer ways of improving symptoms first, and save a cleanse as a last resort if the benefits at the time outweighed the risks.
-at this point I'd focus on nutrients for both of you and stop anything that's supposed to mobilize or detoxify. Things more vitamin C, magnesium, maybe zinc, along those lines.
-bentonite in that it will decrease your circulating toxins. I've been considering taking some bentonite myself

I know I need zinc because I have a lot of stretch marks. How much is safe? How mucg of vit C would make sense to take? I am already taking 2 mg of B12, 6000 or 7000 IU of D, also 800 mcg of folic acid, 300 mcg og iodine, 1000 mg of calcium, 500 mg of phosphorus, and 500 mg of magnesium. Plus, I am about to get a multivitamin in my mail, and it will add more vitamins. I take CLO and high vitamin butter oil as well as EPA/DHA.

Do adjustments help? My son just had one from an osteopath last week. Honestly, I don't see changes; the only one is probably that he started ging toilet more frequently, I don't know if it's related. How many of them should one get before improvement?

oh, i know i am low on selenium too.

my problem is i don' digest carbs well and can't really eat fruit or grains. I can't digest beans either, maybe the same for nuts. I suspect I have a dairy intolerance; I don't have rash or anything, but I crave it all the time, looks like that allegenic-type food that I am addicted to. But I still it yogurt, butter, cheese, or kefir. Even though my son can be allergic to it.

I still have question about greens in general and green juices. I think it's important to eat them.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:01 PM

bumping.

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:17 PM

bump.gif