Dr Oz on flu vaccine-wife & kids not getting it - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 10-13-2009, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone see this? Thought it was interesting that his wife and 4 kids are not getting the flu shot.

Try this link. It should work.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...u-Vaccine.aspx
#2 of 12 Old 10-13-2009, 12:06 PM

The link didn't work for me. He did a show on how to prepare for the n1h1 (I did not see it) I thought one of his suggestions was to make sure you get your shot?

I liked him on Oprah, he seemed slightly alternative. But I think his new show is terrible. Lots of drama, fear inducing pieces, and the show format is hard to watch. Disappointing.

Michelle , 20+ years with a wonderful DH
Mama to two boys, 12 and 10

#3 of 12 Old 10-13-2009, 12:40 PM

http://www.infowars.com/dr-oz-will-p...t-to-his-kids/

There's a video interview on there from CNN. Dr Oz says his wife and 4 kids will not be receiving the vaccine.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#4 of 12 Old 10-13-2009, 01:22 PM

Weird, as I just saw (last night as a matter of fact) one of those little one minute blurbs he does about health on my local news and one of the items listed (and in fact the words came out of his mouth!!) were to GET the H1N1 AND the seasonal flu vaccines. Color me confused.

I a trying to find a link to it on the news site and I can't yet. But here he is on HIS site getting the shot. Dr. Oz gets a flu shot.
#5 of 12 Old 10-13-2009, 01:33 PM

I do believe he was receiving the "seasonal flu shot" and not the "h1n1 flu shot". I don't know what the difference is though.
#6 of 12 Old 10-13-2009, 01:41 PM

I heard an interview on Oprah radio where Dr. Oz's wife, Lisa, was 100% against all vaccines. I would be surprised if any of his kids had any vaccines at all considering she sounded just like me and other non vaxing mom's on this forum. We will never know though because Dr. Oz cannot give his true opinion or he will be labeled a quack. I would assume he was paid to get the seasonal flu shot on stage.

Veda 9/06
#7 of 12 Old 10-13-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiaz View Post
I heard an interview on Oprah radio where Dr. Oz's wife, Lisa, was 100% against all vaccines. I would be surprised if any of his kids had any vaccines at all considering she sounded just like me and other non vaxing mom's on this forum. We will never know though because Dr. Oz cannot give his true opinion or he will be labeled a quack. I would assume he was paid to get the seasonal flu shot on stage.
yeah, and who knows if it was even the flu shot that he was receiving?

DS 5-11-06
#8 of 12 Old 10-13-2009, 03:29 PM

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#9 of 12 Old 10-13-2009, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiaz View Post
Yeah, I thought that she was probably against vaccines. Kinda funny. I'm just waiting for my provax DH to mention Dr Oz getting the flu shot. Little does he know his kids and wife are not getting it.
#10 of 12 Old 10-13-2009, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich View Post
The link didn't work for me. He did a show on how to prepare for the n1h1 (I did not see it) I thought one of his suggestions was to make sure you get your shot?

I liked him on Oprah, he seemed slightly alternative. But I think his new show is terrible. Lots of drama, fear inducing pieces, and the show format is hard to watch. Disappointing.
Yes, I was really disappointed when he had on the lady who's son died of Ecoli. She was in the audience and he hardly gave her any time to speak. I thought he would show a realistic view (like in Food Inc.) of whats happening w the meat industry. Something helpful to bring this out to the public. Totally, opposite. Really disappointing.
#11 of 12 Old 10-13-2009, 07:05 PM

Dr. Mercola posted about this today:
The Dr. Oz Bait for Vaccines: Why Did He Do It?
#12 of 12 Old 10-13-2009, 07:13 PM

On the bit of whatever show I was watching (might have been his), he said that he was definitely getting the h1n1 shot (he does practice in NY so he may be going along with their rules for the shot), but that his wife did not want to get the shot and that what his wife wants typically applies to the children as well. So, his wife and kids wouldn't be getting the shot.

Thrilled to be expecting Baby #2 after 15 months TTC (a 30% drop in TTC time than Baby #1!)

"Everything that is done in the world is done by hope." Martin Luther

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page