dd may have flu...how to keep her comfortable? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-15-2009, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My almost 5yo dd felt warm last night at bedtime, and woke up around 2 a.m. with a fever of 102.8. Her temp has since been hovering around 102-103, she has a slight cough and clear runny nose, complains of a headache and her belly hurting (although she's not been to the bathroom) and just acts 'sick' (ie laying around all morning, wanting to be held). I've been trying to switch to more homeopathic medicine, but what I have on hand is limited right now. I've given her two doses of occilo (generic brand), upped her vitamin d, given her raw crushed garlic (one in honey and the other in coconut oil). She is able to drink some diluted OJ and sips of water, and has eaten a few bites of toast and about half a banana (I'm not pushing food, though, just the fluids). I've massaged her feet with coconut oil and tea tree oil (not sure if this helps, but it's all I had). I'm keeping a cold washcloth on her forehead (she tells me it helps her headache), but her head still hurts. I called the pedi this morning (very mainstream) and the nurse talked down to me a bit for not giving her tylenol to reduce her fever and help her headache. I'd rather her fever run it's course as long as she's not too uncomfortable...what else can I do to help her? Anything to help with the headache? TIA
#2 of 2 Old 10-15-2009, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
right now Im just giving my DD vit d drops, sodium ascorbate and green tea (plus some apple juice and bland foods...what she has asked for)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page