Hair loss (NOT post-partum) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-11-2004, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been losing a lot of hair the last couple months. What are the potential causes of hair loss? I'm wondering if there's a particular nutrient that I'm low on (or have too much of??). I switched which supplements I'm taking about 3 months or so ago per dr.'s orders. I'll ask at my next appointment, but I thought I'd ask here meantime. It seems possible to me that there's a connection, given the timing. I'll admit that my health hasn't been really good lately, so maybe all it is. I don't want to assume that, though, and not look for other reasons.

TIA

Christie

Christie ~ proud Mama to : 5/01, and : 3/07; and proud wife to my since 1992. We have 13 and 2 : It's looking more and more like either a farm or a zoo around here.
#2 of 2 Old 02-12-2004, 01:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I read one time, if you have any unusual problems, get off all supplements and see if it resolves itself. Then start back up one at a time.

Olive oil on the scalp is supposed to help.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page