carb blocker - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-26-2002, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since I had my last child no matter what I do I can’t seem to lose the weight I gained during the pregnancy. I never had a problem with my last 2 children I lost the weight over the following six months, but not this time and I'm not doing anything different than I was after my other pregnancies.I had a checkup and the Dr. Says everything is fine. I saw an add for a product called Stopcal and now that I'm no longer breast feeding I don’t see why I can’t use this. It is all natural plant based and there doesn’t seem to be anything harmful in it . I don’t want to stay this heavy I'm not at all comfortable.
#2 of 4 Old 04-26-2002, 02:50 PM

Location: Chester County, PA, but I'd rather run free amongst the sheep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I tried numerous herbal supplements that talked about blocking carbs, and preventing fat absorption - and none of them worked. I can tell you - IMHO the only thing that change helps you lose weight if you have a lot to lose is a complete lifestyle change.

I made changes to my diet (I'm a mostly vegetarian, but so addicted to junk food) - started watching what I ate, controlling my portions, and staying away from processed foods. I also started exercising. I've now lost 53 lbs (since August 1, 2001), and more weight is coming off (I have a total of 110 lbs to lose).

Good luck! You can always PM me if you want to talk more.

April
#3 of 4 Old 04-26-2002, 04:57 PM

I really saw major changes in my post-pregnancy weight loss when I stopped eating dairy, cut out juices, cut way down on sugars and fruits, and (this is the big one) started taking 1-2 Tbsp. of hemp seed oil every day...
Hemp helps the body burn excess fat and also metabolize fats better... so do nuts and flax, but hemp is the best at it!
I also do weight training and 20-30 min. of aerobics each week, which also helps... by building muscles you burn calories while you rest.
I agree w/ veggiewolf, most the fatloss products don't work! diet and exercise are really the best way to go!!
#4 of 4 Old 04-26-2002, 05:31 PM

I have a book called "the Food Bible". It has a chapter on weight loss, but the whole book is on nutrition and having a balanced diet. I have found it really helpful. The hardest part is thinking about what a long process weight loss is. You really shouldn't loose more than 2 lbs per week, so for me that means at least 3 months to get to the weight I want.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page