Forum Jump: 

Old 06-07-2010, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom61508 View Post
That is so weird I just tried it and it took me to a ocean site

I'll try to link a different article then maybe you can find the article I posted.

Try this
http://www.project-aware.org/DocsCorner/index.shtml
you missed the dash in your first link.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2010, 11:41 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Dandelion-Root...6004440&sr=8-1

I am thinking about trying this. What do you guys think? I feel like maybe I need more iron.

I've been feeling pretty good lately. I would say that I'm improving. BUT I find that it helps for me to eat often and it drains me to exercise. I'm a little said b/c I think I'm gaining weight.

I've been taking the extra b5 with my complex and I would say this has made a world of difference. I've been setting some limits to avoid getting run down. I was invited to go somewhere today and I wanted to take my kids to the library for their book club. I decided I needed to pick one or the other. I was also able to sleep in until 7:30 today! I really wanted to get up and work out before my kids woke up, but I decided to skip it. Maybe I'll chase them around the yard later and then follow up with a high protein snack.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
you missed the dash in your first link.
Weird I just copied and pasted.

Thanks
Old 06-08-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichole View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Dandelion-Root...6004440&sr=8-1

I am thinking about trying this. What do you guys think? I feel like maybe I need more iron.

I've been feeling pretty good lately. I would say that I'm improving. BUT I find that it helps for me to eat often and it drains me to exercise. I'm a little said b/c I think I'm gaining weight.

I've been taking the extra b5 with my complex and I would say this has made a world of difference. I've been setting some limits to avoid getting run down. I was invited to go somewhere today and I wanted to take my kids to the library for their book club. I decided I needed to pick one or the other. I was also able to sleep in until 7:30 today! I really wanted to get up and work out before my kids woke up, but I decided to skip it. Maybe I'll chase them around the yard later and then follow up with a high protein snack.
What kind of work out are you doing?
Old 06-09-2010, 04:14 PM

My doctor thinks I should start some Adrenal Support (my numbers were 'normal' but at the very edge of the range) so I picked up the bottle today (Gaia brand) and it says Not to be used while pregnant or lactating. Well I'm BF'ing my 16mo & TTC (two week wait) so I'm not sure if this is safe!! I posted in BF'ing (http://www.mothering.com/discussions...8#post15500508) but figured I'd check in with you knowledgeable ladies as well!!

Also do I have to take all these supplements for a long time? I just spent $100 on supplements, and I don't think they'll last more than a moth or two, I can't afford that every month! *sigh* I'm trying to read back in this thread and my head is spinning, I'm too worn out to focus and my body is just falling apart on me so I really don't even know where to begin.

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
Old 06-09-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_mommy View Post
I'm trying to read back in this thread and my head is spinning, I'm too worn out to focus and my body is just falling apart on me so I really don't even know where to begin.
:

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
My doctor thinks I should start some Adrenal Support (my numbers were 'normal' but at the very edge of the range) so I picked up the bottle today (Gaia brand) and it says Not to be used while pregnant or lactating. Well I'm BF'ing my 16mo & TTC (two week wait) so I'm not sure if this is safe!! I posted in BF'ing (http://www.mothering.com/discussions...8#post15500508) but figured I'd check in with you knowledgeable ladies as well!!

Also do I have to take all these supplements for a long time? I just spent $100 on supplements, and I don't think they'll last more than a moth or two, I can't afford that every month! *sigh* I'm trying to read back in this thread and my head is spinning, I'm too worn out to focus and my body is just falling apart on me so I really don't even know where to begin.
I don't know for sure..sorry. If you look on the previous page in thread there's some great info on supporting adrenals like thru diet so that's not expensive. I found the biggest things to help with my adrenals is a lot of good fat! Butter has been especially helpful, not sure what your diet restrictions are.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
What kind of work out are you doing?
I tried some stuff that is really bad for my adrenals like dribbling the soccer ball while my kids play in the back yard for some cardio, squats, lunges, etc. I just keep gaining weight in my thighs ewwwwwwwww.

Today I'm just doing some walking and yoga. I know those are more gentle, but sometimes I just want more results.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
I tried some stuff that is really bad for my adrenals like dribbling the soccer ball while my kids play in the back yard for some cardio, squats, lunges, etc. I just keep gaining weight in my thighs ewwwwwwwww.

Today I'm just doing some walking and yoga. I know those are more gentle, but sometimes I just want more results.
If you're having problems with the thigh area, you might want to try malasana (garland), garudasana (eagle) or baddha konasana (bound angle). Supta virasana (reclining hero) and vrksasana (tree) are other poses I've found helpful for thighs. And, ime, it's not so much "weight gain" in the thigh area as it is muscles not being as toned as they once were.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
Old 06-10-2010, 05:35 PM

Can it be adrenal fatigue if, during the end of my last pregnancy, my blood pressure was high?

I found out I was hypothyroid 4 years ago. I'm taking 90 mg Armour every day. I'm bedsharing with a 6-month-old and am not getting good sleep. We are experiencing stress lately from DH's job, applying for new jobs, and considering moving to a new state (exciting for us but stressful too)... so there is stress in our life. Right now I'm exhausted sitting at the computer, feeling like I could fall asleep at 2:30 in the afternoon. This morning a friend was over and said out of the blue "you look really tired!"

I'm drinking Nettle Tea and wondering if my adrenals have anything to do with this fatigue. Any input on the high-blood-pressure-during-pregnancy question?

Mama to dd born 7/2005, dd born 12/2007 and dd born 11/2009.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beppie View Post
Can it be adrenal fatigue if, during the end of my last pregnancy, my blood pressure was high?

I found out I was hypothyroid 4 years ago. I'm taking 90 mg Armour every day. I'm bedsharing with a 6-month-old and am not getting good sleep. We are experiencing stress lately from DH's job, applying for new jobs, and considering moving to a new state (exciting for us but stressful too)... so there is stress in our life. Right now I'm exhausted sitting at the computer, feeling like I could fall asleep at 2:30 in the afternoon. This morning a friend was over and said out of the blue "you look really tired!"

I'm drinking Nettle Tea and wondering if my adrenals have anything to do with this fatigue. Any input on the high-blood-pressure-during-pregnancy question?
I would vote yes on adrenal fatigue. Most with thyroid issues will have adrenals issues as well. You need adrenal support along with your thyroid support. On top of pregnancy(very stressful on adrenals), not sleeping well and the job thing your adrenals have to struggling. As far as blood pressure It's low blood pressure that's associated with adrenal fatigue however mine has always been normal. I'm not sure if that could be different for pregnancy.

Nettle infusions are good for adrenals along with some C,B vits, and good fats Can you nap when baby naps?
Old 06-10-2010, 06:58 PM

I'm not able to nap with baby, unfortunately, because there is also a 2-year-old and 4-year-old in the house. Sometimes the 2-year old takes naps, but not always. Things here seem crazy, and I often feel very irritable ... maybe another sign of adrenal fatigue?

Mama to dd born 7/2005, dd born 12/2007 and dd born 11/2009.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beppie View Post
Things here seem crazy, and I often feel very irritable ... maybe another sign of adrenal fatigue?
Yep and sleep deprivation.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
I don't know for sure..sorry. If you look on the previous page in thread there's some great info on supporting adrenals like thru diet so that's not expensive. I found the biggest things to help with my adrenals is a lot of good fat! Butter has been especially helpful, not sure what your diet restrictions are.
Hmm I'm not totally convinced I have AF. I have all the symptoms but there are so many other issues I can't keep track of it. But I already do most of those dietary things so I'm even more confused because obviously they're not helping me... except taking salt & I'm reluctant to take salt. Ahhh so confused. And I can't seem to find much info on Adrenal Support & BF'ing, seems like it's not proven dangerous but there are no studies showing it's safe either. *sigh* I wish I was a research scientist

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
Old 06-10-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Hmm I'm not totally convinced I have AF. I have all the symptoms but there are so many other issues I can't keep track of it. But I already do most of those dietary things so I'm even more confused because obviously they're not helping me... except taking salt & I'm reluctant to take salt. Ahhh so confused. And I can't seem to find much info on Adrenal Support & BF'ing, seems like it's not proven dangerous but there are no studies showing it's safe either. *sigh* I wish I was a research scientist
I wouldn't be reluctant on salt If It's high quality like celtic sea salt. I would think Vit C, B vits and nettles would be fine while BF. I think the thing with adrenal herbs would be to make sure they don't dry up your milk but other than that I think herbs are pretty safe but I'm very comfortable with herbs. Even If your not convinced that you have AF I think it would be wise to still support you adrenals because it sounds like you are having some health issues and adrenals are usually a big part of health issues you know? My 2 cents
Old 06-11-2010, 04:58 PM

But would the salt cause high blood pressure?

Old 06-11-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
If you're having problems with the thigh area, you might want to try malasana (garland), garudasana (eagle) or baddha konasana (bound angle). Supta virasana (reclining hero) and vrksasana (tree) are other poses I've found helpful for thighs. And, ime, it's not so much "weight gain" in the thigh area as it is muscles not being as toned as they once were.
Ok i will work on those! Thanks!

Today I totally overdid it with errands and chores, and I had a low blood pressure attack despite snacking with some very balanced snacks including protein, carbs, and salt. I had to chug a dr pepper b/c I was so queazy.

I'm going to go to bed early and take it easy tomorrow. Tomorrow I'm going to get my brother from nyc! yay! The great thing is that I have a babysitter (wonderful WONDERFUL mil) and can just relax up the road while dh drives.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
But would the salt cause high blood pressure?
Adrenal fatigue can cause low blood pressure. I really struggle to keep mine up if I don't have enough salt, snacks, and rest.

As far as I know you just have to get yours checked, right? There are a lot of places you can get it checked for free...like drug stores. I really don't like how I feel when my top number gets below 110 or so. Although drs think it is just awesome b/c most people have the opposite problem.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Adrenal fatigue can cause low blood pressure. I really struggle to keep mine up if I don't have enough salt, snacks, and rest.

As far as I know you just have to get yours checked, right? There are a lot of places you can get it checked for free...like drug stores. I really don't like how I feel when my top number gets below 110 or so. Although drs think it is just awesome b/c most people have the opposite problem.
Hmm my doctor seemed concerned about me taking anything that might cause high blood pressure, I don't know if it's because of my heart issues or that's just a general concern he has for patients. I always felt my bp was low (and when I check it in stores it's gone as low as 90/50 or something like that) but in the doctor's/hospital/etc. it is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS 120/80. Very weird.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:03 PM

Could i benefit from DHEA or Pregnenolone if my level is 192? (reference range 71-640)

My cortisol is all "within range" but low in my opinion and i know the test is not entirely accurate.
I have all the symptoms of adrenal fatigue.
thanks

DS 5-11-06
Old 06-22-2010, 12:09 AM

okay mama's i am really beginning to think that i suffer from this, so what should i talk to a dr. about? And what type of dr. to see? I described my symptoms to an ask a nurse hotline and she said i should see an obgyn, basically because i am ttc and i find my symptoms are worse around the time of my period. I am reading the symptoms on another website, i am surprised how many i have. I was vegan for a while, but have stopped that to see if adding more protein and animal fats may help my energy levels.

I am taking 660 mg of kelp w/iodine, rainbow light multi, nature made bcomplex and 500 mgs of maca, just started the iodine a few days back but the rest i have been on for a couple months.

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
Old 06-22-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyBabyBird View Post
okay mama's i am really beginning to think that i suffer from this, so what should i talk to a dr. about? And what type of dr. to see? I described my symptoms to an ask a nurse hotline and she said i should see an obgyn, basically because i am ttc and i find my symptoms are worse around the time of my period. I am reading the symptoms on another website, i am surprised how many i have. I was vegan for a while, but have stopped that to see if adding more protein and animal fats may help my energy levels.

I am taking 660 mg of kelp w/iodine, rainbow light multi, nature made bcomplex and 500 mgs of maca, just started the iodine a few days back but the rest i have been on for a couple months.
I personally would see a Naturopath. Get a rec in finding your tribe or check out their websites to see what they specialize in. Most offer a 15 min free consult so you can see If you mesh well.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I personally would see a Naturopath. Get a rec in finding your tribe or check out their websites to see what they specialize in. Most offer a 15 min free consult so you can see If you mesh well.
thanks i'm going to try a chiropractor that specializes in thyroid issues/adrenal fatigue that my insurance will cover.

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
Old 07-01-2010, 09:21 PM

Hi, I was a bit surprised by my Diagnos-Techs Salivary Cortisol test results which were:

8 a.m. depressed
noon depressed
4:00 Normal
12am depressed.

I was expecting a different pattern because I usually have either energy (relatively speaking) in the a.m until after lunch, then sort of crash. Or, I have tons of anxiety, racing thoughts, etc in the morning, which calms down over the a.m.
  • My NP/DC is giving me bioidentical cortisol in the a.m. and a smaller dose at noon.
  • I'm also supposed to eat using The Zone Diet (which is fairly close to what I already do.)
  • 2 DSF formula 2x per day

Has anyone seen the test result pattern such as mine before? Any thoughts about that or my treatment plan?

ETA: I'm concerned that this will cause me to gain weight, terrified, actually.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:21 PM

OK I have a question for all of you about testing... my ND offers saliva cortisol (24 hour collection, 4 points) testing and also urinary cortisol (24 hour collection) testing.

I know the urinary is much cheaper, but I have no idea if it would be as accurate. Does anyone know?

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
Old 07-06-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triscuitsmom View Post
OK I have a question for all of you about testing... my ND offers saliva cortisol (24 hour collection, 4 points) testing and also urinary cortisol (24 hour collection) testing.

I know the urinary is much cheaper, but I have no idea if it would be as accurate. Does anyone know?
you want salivary.

DS 5-11-06
Old 07-06-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:

My saliva/urinary test was $400 but was covered by my insurance.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliachick7 View Post
you want salivary.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
My saliva/urinary test was $400 but was covered by my insurance.
Unfortunately we don't have insurance besides OHIP right now and OHIP doesn't cover nonallopathic doctors so my ND appointments and anything she orders are up to me to pay out of pocket right now.

I have another question. Is this going to be accurate considering I'm 31 weeks pregnant? I'm considering doing the urinary now because although not as accurate from what I read it will give you a picture of all day (as opposed to specific points for the curve of all day). And then paying for the more expensive test after I'm not pregnant anymore. Any thoughts?

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
Old 07-06-2010, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately we don't have insurance besides OHIP right now and OHIP doesn't cover nonallopathic doctors so my ND appointments and anything she orders are up to me to pay out of pocket right now.

I have another question. Is this going to be accurate considering I'm 31 weeks pregnant? I'm considering doing the urinary now because although not as accurate from what I read it will give you a picture of all day (as opposed to specific points for the curve of all day). And then paying for the more expensive test after I'm not pregnant anymore. Any thoughts?
I see. Well I'm not 100% sure If It's accurate while pregnant but I'm thinking it wouldn't be. Can you ask your ND? BTW do you know what are you having?

User Tag List