What to add to bath for sick kiddos? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-03-2009, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know if we have the beginning of flu here or what, but DS1 (7yo) has a headache and body aches and a bit of a cough, but no fever. DS2 (5yo) has a little cough, runny nose, and is tired. I'd like to soak them in the tub before bed tonight and I'm wondering what I could add to the water. I have epsom salts, lavender, peppermint and tea tree oil. I also have some sleepytime tea. I could maybe have DH pick up other stuff on his way home.

So, any ideas? TIA!
#2 of 5 Old 11-03-2009, 07:54 PM

I'd do either Epsom salt bath. Then before bed I like an all natural chest rub - I lather mine up on their chest, necks, back and most important, feet - and then cover the feet with socks for the night. Really does help.

Do you have any homeopathic medicines? Oscillo? Gelsemium?

Happy mama to DD (8-11-05) and DS (6-5-09) and married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01.
#3 of 5 Old 11-03-2009, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamane18 View Post
I'd do either Epsom salt bath. Then before bed I like an all natural chest rub - I lather mine up on their chest, necks, back and most important, feet - and then cover the feet with socks for the night. Really does help.

Do you have any homeopathic medicines? Oscillo? Gelsemium?
Thanks! This sounds great, but we'll have to try it tomorrow - the poor guys were too tired to eat and went straight to bed from the dinner table.

I don't have any homeopathic stuff. I haven't tried it before. I have upped their vit C&D, fluids, etc.
#4 of 5 Old 11-04-2009, 12:45 AM

Epsom SAlts and baking soda. A sick body is often acidic and the baking soda will help bring the pH back in balance. I use 1-2 cups when I am sick.

We create our own reality.
#5 of 5 Old 11-04-2009, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolansmum View Post
Epsom SAlts and baking soda. A sick body is often acidic and the baking soda will help bring the pH back in balance. I use 1-2 cups when I am sick.
I hadn't heard of baking soda before, thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page