What to add to bath for sick kiddos? - Mothering Forums
Women's Health > What to add to bath for sick kiddos?
boysmom2's Avatar boysmom2 08:48 PM 11-03-2009
I don't know if we have the beginning of flu here or what, but DS1 (7yo) has a headache and body aches and a bit of a cough, but no fever. DS2 (5yo) has a little cough, runny nose, and is tired. I'd like to soak them in the tub before bed tonight and I'm wondering what I could add to the water. I have epsom salts, lavender, peppermint and tea tree oil. I also have some sleepytime tea. I could maybe have DH pick up other stuff on his way home.

So, any ideas? TIA!

kamane18's Avatar kamane18 08:54 PM 11-03-2009
I'd do either Epsom salt bath. Then before bed I like an all natural chest rub - I lather mine up on their chest, necks, back and most important, feet - and then cover the feet with socks for the night. Really does help.

Do you have any homeopathic medicines? Oscillo? Gelsemium?
boysmom2's Avatar boysmom2 12:24 AM 11-04-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamane18 View Post
I'd do either Epsom salt bath. Then before bed I like an all natural chest rub - I lather mine up on their chest, necks, back and most important, feet - and then cover the feet with socks for the night. Really does help.

Do you have any homeopathic medicines? Oscillo? Gelsemium?
Thanks! This sounds great, but we'll have to try it tomorrow - the poor guys were too tired to eat and went straight to bed from the dinner table.

I don't have any homeopathic stuff. I haven't tried it before. I have upped their vit C&D, fluids, etc.
Punchy Kaby's Avatar Punchy Kaby 01:45 AM 11-04-2009
Epsom SAlts and baking soda. A sick body is often acidic and the baking soda will help bring the pH back in balance. I use 1-2 cups when I am sick.
boysmom2's Avatar boysmom2 02:07 AM 11-04-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolansmum View Post
Epsom SAlts and baking soda. A sick body is often acidic and the baking soda will help bring the pH back in balance. I use 1-2 cups when I am sick.
I hadn't heard of baking soda before, thanks!
Up