Curing Thrush??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-11-2009, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey there! A few months ago, I got a Monroe(beauty-mark) piercing, and during the healing phase, I was using (I think) it was Colgate alcohol free mouthwash. Well about a week into this I developed a case of thrush. At first I didn't know what it was, and then I had my suspicions. I went to the doc. and he agreed and gave me an antifungal rinse, which didn't work. At the time I was smoking and eating pretty poorly, which I know didn't help my healing. Finally I smartened up and stopped eating sugar, and smoked way less. I also started taking a Yeast Fighter supp that I got from the Natures Market @ Wegmans, and I was using liquid acidopholous, and plain yogurt, and this all seemed to help. It seemed that my thrush was under control. Then haloween came and of course because I was feeling better I basically went back to eating the way I had been. I did stop smoking altogether though and anyways here I am now and the thrush is back and I have been trying to be disciplined about the way I am eating but sometimes I just get so impatient when it seems like it is making no difference. Also my kids and I are going to Fla in Dec and I would like to have this under control by then. I can give up sugar totally, but how should I eat otherwise? I just want to feel better. Any ideas as to how to treat the symtoms and cure thrush would be much appreciated.

Happiness despite misery is a great victory, I think...

caffix.gifSingle coffee loving and making mom to fencing.gifds, age 12, hamster.jpg dd, age 10, dog2.gif dd, age 7, flowerkitty.giftigress, cat.gifquinn, hyena.gifblack cat, and wool.gif beatrice the spider. Yeeehawww!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2009, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garlic Is a powerful anti fungal, and alternating w/ acidophilus to replenish healthy bacteria is the way to go. My son had reocurring yeast infections, this was the ONLY thing that helped! I'd suggest eating fresh raw garlic, or making garlic water or oil & applying that topically. Take the probiotics, again apply topically, just open the pill & add a lil water
HTH

Unvaxing, Breastfeeding, Cloth diapering, Mama cloth loving, Passionate about all things natural Mommy to CJ-8/03, AG-9/05, JJ-6/08. And married to my best friend Feb.2005!

User Tag List