Easing the transition for a dying pet - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-27-2002, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is for a friend who is losing her loved dog, a companion for many years. She's quite distressed since the vet doesn't know what's wrong, the dog has gone blind (and is obviously freaked out somewhat) and i was wondering what homeopathics or herbs would you all suggest for this transition for the dog. I thought rescue remedy for sure, since pets seem to respond to that pretty well - but maybe there's something else too? I would truly appreciate your thoughts on this one.
#2 of 5 Old 04-28-2002, 12:48 PM

Yes, rescue remedy could be helpful. Also, when the dog passes, some tomato essence will help- can't remember why. The rr will help your friend, too.
#3 of 5 Old 04-28-2002, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Clancysmum. Tomato essence? Interesting. I was just thinking of some herbal teas for the dog (i heard a show once where the herbalist said she gives her pets herbal teas to drink).
Anyone with any ideas about the blindness and how to treat the loss of sight with alternative remedies?
#4 of 5 Old 04-29-2002, 01:42 AM

Hey mamarain.
good to see you on here. grooving on your last communique. I am goin gto be picking some lavender soon!!
I have a friend who is also my craniosacral therapist who also does animial communication. she also does plant spirit medicine and an avid user of flowe remedies and knowledgeable in homeopathy as well. A very gifted healer if I may say so. She could do a consult for your friend, if your friend is up for it. She can email a photo of her pet and she can work with them that way if your friend lives not in LA. PM me or email me if you want her number.
She is really good at what she does.
Blessings to you and your friend and her beloved dog. Rescue remedy sounds good for both of them!!
Peace and
Will be writing to so you (as soon as my houseguest leaves...)
Laura
#5 of 5 Old 04-29-2002, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Laura! Good to see you too! Yes.. i'm making my quiet return back on the boards.. i guess it's just seasonal, and hey! i'm getting all this wonderful advice here too!! Thanks for letting me know about your friend, i'll pass that on and will get in touch with you if we have a match. I know my friend is losing a life partner here so she might be up for some professional advice.
Hope you're having a wonderful visit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page