Can juice/water fasting rid the body of mercury? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-03-2009, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've read a little on the benefits of fasting and how the body can begin to heal itself through fasting.

Anyone know if the body can rid itself of excess metals through fasting? I tried to G search and couldn't come up with much. Thanks for any insight.

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 12-03-2009, 02:49 PM

If you have/had mercury fillings, I would NOT fast.

Mercury (and other heavy metals) are stored in muscle, pesticides are stored in fat. As you fast, you break down muscle for protein, thus increasing your circulating mercury toxins. Unless you have an effective way to bind and carry the mercury out (chelating), it just redeposits in your brain and other organs. Plus, you feel foggy headed, excruciating headache, memory lapses, groggy, etc. (ask me how I know, )

Absolutely don't fast while nursing.

Alternatives to heal the gut: Where to start? Help 101

Pat

I have a blog.
#3 of 8 Old 12-03-2009, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
If you have/had mercury fillings, I would NOT fast.

Mercury (and other heavy metals) are stored in muscle, pesticides are stored in fat. As you fast, you break down muscle for protein, thus increasing your circulating mercury toxins. Unless you have an effective way to bind and carry the mercury out (chelating), it just redeposits in your brain and other organs. Plus, you feel foggy headed, excruciating headache, memory lapses, groggy, etc. (ask me how I know, )

Absolutely don't fast while nursing.

Alternatives to heal the gut: Where to start? Help 101

Pat
Thanks!

I'm not nursing...I have a 4 and a 6 year old. We'd like to have another baby in about 2 years or so.

But I'd like to be healthier. I've done short fasts before...and felt fantastic afterward. I do have some fillings, though I'm not sure if they're mercury or not.

Anyway, I am concerned about being mercury toxic for several reasons, and I would love to get rid of it if that's the case before I get pregnant again. I'm just not sure how to go about doing it.

Honestly Chelation sounds scary to me.

#4 of 8 Old 12-03-2009, 10:31 PM

Ideally, you don't get pregnant for 18-24 months after having safe mercury filling removal according to IAOMT protocol. We chelate heavy metals into the fetus and breastmilk. It is a quandary, to be sure. I have 10 mercury fillings present.

Vit C and selenium help to bind mercury. I would do Epsom salt baths, vit C, magnesium and methyl- B12 along with molybdenum, in addition to whole food probiotics. No kombucha with the mercury toxicity.

Come on over to the Allergy forum where we are discussing heavy metal detoxification as it relates to nutrient deficiencies, MTHFR polymorphism and food allergies.

Pat

I have a blog.
#5 of 8 Old 12-04-2009, 01:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emma1325 View Post
I've read a little on the benefits of fasting and how the body can begin to heal itself through fasting.

Anyone know if the body can rid itself of excess metals through fasting? I tried to G search and couldn't come up with much. Thanks for any insight.
I'd say fasting is counterproductive. We need nutrients to excrete metals, folate, B12, magnesium, zinc, selenium, among others, so asking our bodies to keep doing basic functioning without nutrients coming in seems problematic.

Are you concerned you have health problems due to your fillings? If they look like a puddle of metal (darkish, basically not tooth-colored and not obviously stainless steel) then they are amalgam fillings which are about half mercury. The Chelating Mamas thread in Dental may be helpful. Because if you think you may have health problems due to heavy metals, and you look into it and think it's likely, then you should respect the process of getting the metals out. It's possible to move metals around and get sicker, but it's also possible to get the metals out and actually get better health. I got my amalgams out about a year and a half ago, best thing I've ever done for my health.

This page is one place to get started reading, though I learned a lot from the whole thread (yeah, it's long).

If you're not that familiar with chelation, you can google ASD and chelation and get discussion on various methods and pros and cons. It's the same process in an adult or a child, but sometimes I think there's more discussion of safety and side effects when reading about kids.
#6 of 8 Old 12-04-2009, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post
I'd say fasting is counterproductive. We need nutrients to excrete metals, folate, B12, magnesium, zinc, selenium, among others, so asking our bodies to keep doing basic functioning without nutrients coming in seems problematic.

Are you concerned you have health problems due to your fillings? If they look like a puddle of metal (darkish, basically not tooth-colored and not obviously stainless steel) then they are amalgam fillings which are about half mercury. The Chelating Mamas thread in Dental may be helpful. Because if you think you may have health problems due to heavy metals, and you look into it and think it's likely, then you should respect the process of getting the metals out. It's possible to move metals around and get sicker, but it's also possible to get the metals out and actually get better health. I got my amalgams out about a year and a half ago, best thing I've ever done for my health.

This page is one place to get started reading, though I learned a lot from the whole thread (yeah, it's long).

If you're not that familiar with chelation, you can google ASD and chelation and get discussion on various methods and pros and cons. It's the same process in an adult or a child, but sometimes I think there's more discussion of safety and side effects when reading about kids.
Thank you!

Can one be tested for metal toxicity before pursuing any type of treatment/chelation?

#7 of 8 Old 12-04-2009, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Ideally, you don't get pregnant for 18-24 months after having safe mercury filling removal according to IAOMT protocol. We chelate heavy metals into the fetus and breastmilk. It is a quandary, to be sure. I have 10 mercury fillings present.

Vit C and selenium help to bind mercury. I would do Epsom salt baths, vit C, magnesium and methyl- B12 along with molybdenum, in addition to whole food probiotics. No kombucha with the mercury toxicity.

Come on over to the Allergy forum where we are discussing heavy metal detoxification as it relates to nutrient deficiencies, MTHFR polymorphism and food allergies.

Pat
Thank you, Pat. Will do!

#8 of 8 Old 03-22-2014, 10:02 AM

I have to say that I get pretty irritated when people who have never water fasted advise others not to water fast. There is hands down no better way of ridding the body of toxins. The mercury will go along with everything else because when fasting, the body is in "total expel" mode, and will get rid of all that is foreign to it. The only difficulty associated with a carefully planned (and preferably initially supervised) water fast is the discipline it takes to do it, and that is likely at the root of most people's objections to it. That and their lack of experience of it.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page