Burning, puffy, red face 2 evenings in a row. UPDATE w/ TEST RESULTS #42 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 51 Old 12-08-2009, 03:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Last night about 15 minutes after dinner my face began to feel warm. I felt otherwise typical but, my face continued to get more and more hot. After checking in the mirror I realized it was also bright red. It swelled up a bit as well. The symptoms lasted from around 8:45pm last night until about 9am this morning. All day today my face was fine. Until about 9pm tonight. Started to feel wamr again. And now my face is on fire once again (even hot to the touch), bright red, and starting to swell.

At first I thought it was a weird reaction to dumping a bit extra nutmeg in my sweet potatoes that I ate just before dinner but, after being fine all day today only to have the symptoms return again without having more nutmeg idk. Never had an issue with nutmeg before but, I did use quite a bit last night.

No new products, foods, makeup, lotion, detergent, shampoo..... nothing. The only thing I put on or consumed right before the first episode was sweet potatoes (just had some on thanksgiving and was fine) with cinnamon, marshmellow creme, and nutmeg (had all of those things recently without problem), then rice pilaf and mixed veggies for dinner (eat that combo, same brands all the time). Just had water to drink.

So could it still be the nutmeg even though I was fine all day today but now red, hot, and puffy again tonight??

BP was up a bit but nothing high enough to cause redness. Pulse is normal, no new pains (lots of old pains.... but nothing new).

~TRACY, wife to loving dh, mommy to dd (10/05), ds(12/08), 3 kitties, & 2 pups.
#2 of 51 Old 12-08-2009, 04:13 AM

Wow. No ingredient you ate last night was also eaten at dinner tonight?

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

#3 of 51 Old 12-08-2009, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

update: ended up in the ER last night because everything began to swell... including my throat!

Finally we figured out that is was a delayed reation to some pine nut hummus I had earlier in the day both days.

No more pine nuts for me!

#4 of 51 Old 12-08-2009, 04:30 PM

Wow! So glad you are ok and found out what was causing it.
Appreciate the update! Hope pine nuts weren't one of your favorite things!
#5 of 51 Old 12-08-2009, 04:36 PM

EEEEK! Thats scary!

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#6 of 51 Old 12-08-2009, 08:28 PM

Yikes! I didn't know that a severe allergic reaction could come on so long after one ate the allergenic food. Scary!
#7 of 51 Old 12-08-2009, 08:30 PM

Glad you're okay and figured it out.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#8 of 51 Old 12-08-2009, 09:03 PM

Do you have an epi pen now? You need one with anaphylaxis. I'm really sorry I didn't mention that to you. How scary. An allergic reaction with any two body systems is anaphylaxis.

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

#9 of 51 Old 12-08-2009, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamefati28 View Post
Wow! So glad you are ok and found out what was causing it.
Appreciate the update! Hope pine nuts weren't one of your favorite things!
not as far as I know but the doc did remind me to watch out when I eat other kinds of tree nuts as well..... which is pretty much every other kind of nut besdies peanuts. He also said each time it happens it will probably be worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWrangler View Post
EEEEK! Thats scary!
yah, gotta say that I got a little nervous when I started having trouble swallowing! On the bright side, the swelling and heat on my face did clear up my complexion a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinuviel_k View Post
Yikes! I didn't know that a severe allergic reaction could come on so long after one ate the allergenic food. Scary!
me either! Even today when I looked up tree nut allergies it said that reaction can begin anywhere from immediatly to 4 hours later. Maybe sometimes the specific part of the but that causes the reaction has to break down in the digestive system a bit??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
Glad you're okay and figured it out.
me too! thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbgrace View Post
Do you have an epi pen now? You need one with anaphylaxis. I'm really sorry I didn't mention that to you. How scary. An allergic reaction with any two body systems is anaphylaxis.
No. The doc asked me if I wanted one and at the time I thought, "meh, whats the big deal?". He also asked me that when I was a bit squirly though. In hindsight I think I may want to have one perscribed since I'm alone with my 2 small kiddos most of the day.

#10 of 51 Old 12-09-2009, 12:14 AM

I'm sorry you had such a scare, and also that you have a severe food allergy. I have many myself, peanuts AND tree nuts included. You would be best to stay away from all nuts and nut products (even peanuts, though you are not currently allergic) as many are processed in the same facilities and there is a large chance of cross-contamination. Be careful!
#11 of 51 Old 12-09-2009, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachma View Post
I'm sorry you had such a scare, and also that you have a severe food allergy. I have many myself, peanuts AND tree nuts included. You would be best to stay away from all nuts and nut products (even peanuts, though you are not currently allergic) as many are processed in the same facilities and there is a large chance of cross-contamination. Be careful!
ah yes, I read all about how fantastic cross contamination is today. Joy. Like an idiot I took the medicine the ER doc perscribed to me with.... ALMOND milk. Dummy. I looked in the fridge and all I thought was, "hmmm, milk looks good right now". After finishing several gulp I said out loud, "I love vanillia almond milk. YUM!" .......

then I realized what I'd just said.

#12 of 51 Old 12-09-2009, 03:01 AM

My son is anaphylactic to tree nut. One tree nut means anaphylactic to all tree nuts because there is a. a lot of cross contamination b. sensitization between nuts. You do have to avoid all nuts. Peanut is a legume and so not in the same class though you have to watch cross contamination/manufactured with nuts/etc. You need an epi pen and you need all nuts out of your house.

#13 of 51 Old 12-09-2009, 09:39 AM

How did they know it was the pine nut? A lot of people are allergic to sesame seeds too, and sesame seed tahini is in most hummus. You might want to get allergy tested to see which/what you're dealing with.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#14 of 51 Old 12-09-2009, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
My son is anaphylactic to tree nut. One tree nut means anaphylactic to all tree nuts because there is a. a lot of cross contamination b. sensitization between nuts. You do have to avoid all nuts. Peanut is a legume and so not in the same class though you have to watch cross contamination/manufactured with nuts/etc. You need an epi pen and you need all nuts out of your house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
How did they know it was the pine nut? A lot of people are allergic to sesame seeds too, and sesame seed tahini is in most hummus. You might want to get allergy tested to see which/what you're dealing with.
Well, I wondered if it really was the pine nuts and not some other random ingredient in the hummus (I had a different kind of hummus about a week ago and was fine after that) but I pretty much answered my own questioning last night.....

I got the medication they perscribed to me in the ER yesterday afternoon and on the back it said, "take with food or milk". I needed to make the kids some food and didn't want to make them wait until after I ate so I just chugged some milk with my pills. Fine right? Wrong! You see, I'd been on WIC for awhile and was buying lactose free cows milk for myself with that. Now that I'm off WIC I wanted to go back to my old favorite milk. That milk... the milk I chugged with my pills.... just so happens to be vanillia ALMOND milk!

So I'm an idiot.

Sure enough, about 3 hours later I start feeling rather toasty and my htroat starts to burn as well. Then I turn red and swell up again. I didn't want another bill from the ER and I could still manage to breath so I just took some meds and hoped for the best. After laying down for the night it got much wrose but, I managed to make it through the night and I'm feeling better now.

So, it must be the nuts. The pine seemed to be worse then the almonds. Maybe it was just a cross contamination thing. idk. Either way this sucks. I didn't have any alergies until just this year.

I'm working on getting some kind of testing. I don't have insurance so I can't afford to go to an allergy clinic. Already called and first app is $650-$850 depending on how extensive the testing is. No payment plans either. I called the doc I've been working with on a charity program for some other health problems and he is talking to a colegue that does SOME allergy stuff at the same clinic to see if I can do any testing there.

My son ended up with red cheeks and a raspy throat last night too so now I'm wondering if we share the same issue. He does have insurance so I'm going to get him in for testing.

#15 of 51 Old 12-09-2009, 05:29 PM

I react to tree nuts, sesame, avocados pretty severely. Definitely think about saving up to get tested. I am also deathly allergic to eggs and wheat.

Start reading labels, nuts are "potentially" in almost everything. Candies, chips will have warnings on the back.

It's really hard to avoid it, and it ruins eating for some of us. I have too many things to watch for it's ridiculous.
#16 of 51 Old 12-09-2009, 06:29 PM

You could have died with that second reaction. You need an epi pen. An anaphylactic reaction is epi and ER.

You must have an epi pen. Even if you put the cost on a credit card or borrow money.

People die waiting. Really they do.

You have to get all nuts and nut milks (and sesame, it cross-reacts with many of the most serious reaction nuts) out of your house. Start reading up-both labels and about cross-contamination. You have to be very careful from here on out. The next reaction could kill you. This is really, really serious.

Oh, and look up biphasic reaction. This is common in nut anaphylaxis. Basically you have an anaphylactic reaction maybe with partial throat swelling, hives, etc. Then up to two hours later you have a second reaction worse--this one might be cardiovascular collapse for example.

#17 of 51 Old 12-09-2009, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcelain Interior View Post
I react to tree nuts, sesame, avocados pretty severely. Definitely think about saving up to get tested. I am also deathly allergic to eggs and wheat.

Start reading labels, nuts are "potentially" in almost everything. Candies, chips will have warnings on the back.

It's really hard to avoid it, and it ruins eating for some of us. I have too many things to watch for it's ridiculous.
Did some reading today and got similar warning. Baked goods, cookies, ice cream, desserts, cakes..... thats pretty much everything I love! This looks ot be confusing for awhile.

#18 of 51 Old 12-09-2009, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
You could have died with that second reaction. You need an epi pen. An anaphylactic reaction is epi and ER.

You must have an epi pen. Even if you put the cost on a credit card or borrow money.

People die waiting. Really they do.

You have to get all nuts and nut milks (and sesame, it cross-reacts with many of the most serious reaction nuts) out of your house. Start reading up-both labels and about cross-contamination. You have to be very careful from here on out. The next reaction could kill you. This is really, really serious.

Oh, and look up biphasic reaction. This is common in nut anaphylaxis. Basically you have an anaphylactic reaction maybe with partial throat swelling, hives, etc. Then up to two hours later you have a second reaction worse--this one might be cardiovascular collapse for example.
I ended up calling my doc back yesterday afternoon and both he and I agreed I should get an epi. The perscription is now ready and waiting for me to pick up 5 minutes down the road. Going to run over there in awhile.

My reaction last night was actually the 3rd. 3rd in 3 days! The first 2 were from the pine hummus and the 3rd last night was a total slip from my drinkng almond milk like a dummy. I had to evevate my head about have way through the night to keep the swelling in my face down. In hindsight it may have been a bit safer to take another trip to the ER but, I didn't go. I hope I can figure out some loop hole ot get tested. I don't have the open credit nor do I know anyone with several hundred to spare to get actual allergy testing but, the charity medical program I'll be on for the next 3 months has a perscription plan and after making a couple calls today the epi will be covered for only a $4 copay! So thats taken care of luckily.

My trip to the ER also earns me at least $100 from my car and home insurance company because I took out a $5 per month medical benifit plan that pays out when I'm admitted to the hospital. They may give me more than $100 depending. My hospital charges with the exception of the doc himself will be covered under the hospital's financial assistance program so I shouldn't end up with more than a few hundred $ bill from the doc.

#19 of 51 Old 12-09-2009, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

thank you everyone for all of the important info and advice! Much appreciated! I've never really had to deal with allergies prior to this year so I'm way behind in research. As if I need ANOTHER medical worry .

Recently I've also developed some kind of environmental allery that is somewhere within my home. Randomly throughout the day I will have sneeze attacts that come with horrid, uncontrollable eye watering and nose running. The "attacks" last anywhere for 5 to 45 minutes but eventually clear up... only to return again later the same day or the following day. I seem to be free of it when I get out of the house to run errands.

Wow, I could really use some allergy testing!

#20 of 51 Old 12-09-2009, 10:06 PM

Wow, some scary stuff. Please do be careful and watch what you eat!

Do you keep Benadryl in the house? It's the one medicine I make sure to always have on hand because in an emergency it can buy you an extra 15 minutes to make it to the hospital. Definitely get some ASAP along with the epi-pen.
#21 of 51 Old 12-10-2009, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobmom View Post
Wow, some scary stuff. Please do be careful and watch what you eat!

Do you keep Benadryl in the house?
I do now!

#22 of 51 Old 12-10-2009, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

I've been having trouble with my eyesight today. Could that be a side effect of the 3 reactions that is still lingering?

Went to the store today and couldn't see what was half way down the isles. Not typical for me. While my distance vision isn't perfect I'm not required to wear glasses. People's faces coming towards me were a blur until they were within 10 feet away. It was the kind of feeling that left me wanting to rub my eyes or blink hard a few times thinking that would help... but it didn't.

#23 of 51 Old 12-10-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FondestBianca View Post
I've been having trouble with my eyesight today. Could that be a side effect of the 3 reactions that is still lingering?

Went to the store today and couldn't see what was half way down the isles. Not typical for me. While my distance vision isn't perfect I'm not required to wear glasses. People's faces coming towards me were a blur until they were within 10 feet away. It was the kind of feeling that left me wanting to rub my eyes or blink hard a few times thinking that would help... but it didn't.
Mucus membranes tend to swell, for me eyes are always involved. If it doesn't clear up in a few days I'd call a doctor.
#24 of 51 Old 12-11-2009, 04:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcelain Interior View Post
Mucus membranes tend to swell, for me eyes are always involved. If it doesn't clear up in a few days I'd call a doctor.
I ended up having to make another call to the after hours nurse this evening. Not long after I got home from the store (when I was having the vision issues) my upper back and the back of my neck started to swell and became extremely painful. I couldn't even wear a flimsy cotton shelf bra because the pressure of it rubbing across my back was unbearable. The pain and swelling began to spread outward so I got on the phone. I wasn't getting red in the face, overheated, and was pretty sure I hadn't had any nuts.

The nurse asked what medications I was taking and when I took them last. That is when I remembered that I'd forgotten to take the steriod med they perscribed me in the ER to take for 5 days. I'd taken it in the morning the 2 days previous but, forgot today. Well, apparently I needed it! She quickly told me to take them and instructed me to head in tomorrow if the swelling hasn't corrected itself by morning. Apparently it doesn't kick in very quick because I took them at about 7:45 and the slight swelling and INTENSE tissue pain has spread to my jaw, face, bakc of my head, upper arms, and chest. Still breathing and swallowing just fine so hopefully I'm ok for tonight. It hurt so bad I had trouble reaching up to wash my hair and take off my shirt. Still can't tolerate any tight clothing on my upper body. Hurts like a sunburn, bruise combo.

Wow this sucks! never knew allergies could do all of these things and for some many days after the initial reaction! The nurse I spoke with tonight said that if I have any continued pain or swelling after the 5 days of meds are up that I need to go get more!

This is too much!!!

Ok, complaining over.

#25 of 51 Old 12-11-2009, 12:28 PM

Oh wow!

I had to read b/c I had an allergic reaction to Cipro and had to call 911 earlier this year. I had a biphasic reaction too. I didn't go in with the ambulance b/c I had seemed to stabilize, after they left my nose swelled shut. So scary!

Also found out I'm allergic to shell fish this year.

Crazy stuff! I have Benadryl stashed everywhere now.

Just a note, you could probably take Benadryl in addition to the steroids to help relieve the flare up--although I don't know what else you are taking so double check the other meds.

V

Happy Momma to DD (almost 3) Fall Coleslaw -- Simple Italian Stuffed Peppers -- - Fall Toddler Activities.- We Made a Play Kitchen Selling gently used books on all topics here.
#26 of 51 Old 12-11-2009, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet2 View Post
Oh wow!

I had to read b/c I had an allergic reaction to Cipro and had to call 911 earlier this year. I had a biphasic reaction too. I didn't go in with the ambulance b/c I had seemed to stabilize, after they left my nose swelled shut. So scary!

Also found out I'm allergic to shell fish this year.

Crazy stuff! I have Benadryl stashed everywhere now.

Just a note, you could probably take Benadryl in addition to the steroids to help relieve the flare up--although I don't know what else you are taking so double check the other meds.

V
they also have me on tagament. it's made for heartburn but apparently it's chemistry makes it useful for controlling histimine responses too. I'd also forgotten to take that yesterday with the steriod. Oops!

Sorry you have some scary responses too! Like you I didn't take the ambulance. I didn't want that bill for sure!

#27 of 51 Old 12-13-2009, 03:29 AM - Thread Starter

Recap:

severe reaction to pine nuts (previously unaware of any food allergy) last Sunday. 2nd and even more severe reaction to the same stupid pine nuts (I hadn't made the connection by then) that landed me in the ER with full body rash, fever, and swelling (including my throat). I was given a perscription for Tagament (600mg per day) and Prednisone (40mg per day) for 5 days. I thought meds were overrated and wouldn't be nessesary after recieveing IV meds but, LUCKILY I picked up my perscriptions because they ended up fitting into WalMart $4 plan.

Wed morning I woke up with lower back and knee swelling and severe pain. I could barely walk. I've become very used to joint pain in the last year but, this was the worst I'd experienced by far! On wed evening I had the third reaction... this time to the almond milk I chugged with my first dose of perscription. This led to another severe reaction that had me waking up in the middle of the night on fire and gasping for air. In hindsight it might have been smart to make another trip to the ER but, I managed to live until the morning!

So thursday I took my meds, and felt allright. No accidental nut consumption and my meds were keeping most of the more severe pain and swelling away. Still had quite a bit of swelling in my lymph areas in my neck but aside from that I was back to my normal, every day pains.

Friday I woke up with some upper back, shoulder, and neck pain. I ended up forgetting to take both of my meds in the morning. I didn't realize this until I had to make a call to the afterhours nurse because the back of my neck, upper back, and throat (not my airway thank goodness), were visibly swollen and I felt as if I'd been in a bad car accident the day prior. I went from sore but able to get around and do what I needed to not being able to turn my head, lift the kids, or even allow my clothing to touch the effected areas. The nurse reminded me about my meds and quickly instructed me to take them. SO, I guess those meds weren't so overrated. The nurse said that the ER doc must have been pretty convinced I had a major allergy and judgeing by my relapse DAYS later, I did!

QUESTION: I was instructed to try to wean myself on the Pred these last 2 days. I tried both days but had to give in and take the 2nd pill later both days. The neck and back pain became unbearable toward the afternoon. I've always been VERY reluctant to take medication of any kind so the fact that I'm unable to wean myself from this is saying a lot! Now, I'm out of pred. I still have tagament left but no pred. They said I can call the urgent care and have them send a perscription over to the WalMart near my house but, I don't know that the pharm hours will accomidate. SO,

my questions are: If for whatever reason I can't get my prescription filled till Monday and NEED something tomorrow, is there an over the counter substitute that will have a similar effect (still BFing 1 year old ds so it has to be baby safe)? Why the heck is this reaction lasting so long and how is it so darn painful!? Is this common with food allergies?

I made an appointment for Jan 6th at an allergy clinic. They gave me a rough estimate of $800-$1400 to get to the bottom of my apparently very serious allergies. They do payments after $150 deposit but, currently I have no way to pay for anything. Hoping for a decent tax return I guess. I've been trying to find a way to see other specialists for other pressing medical issues and now this is yet another thing in my way. But, I don't really feel like dying from unknown allergies so I'd better just find a way to pay for it. Why are there no insurance loopholes for the working poor???

ok, rambling and rant over.

#28 of 51 Old 12-13-2009, 03:44 AM

I don't think there are any prednisone equivalents. If you can't get it I'd do benadryl as often as safe according to the label around the clock, including through the night. If that's not possible dosing wise do zyrtec instead. You can overdose on benadryl/use according to label. http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/cold-remedy.html Nursing/benadryl information at bottom of page.

My dad had a hive reaction (he's ana as well but this was just hives) that lasted for quite some time. Things take a while to clear. And I'm wondering if the steroids are suppressing something else possibly.

Do you have an epi pen? If you have that I'd think you could possibly wait on the allergy testing and strictly avoid all nuts and sesame. Assume you're ana to all of it as you likely are (sesame goes with a couple of nuts). You need it all out of your house--that's really important. Check for cross contamination too (call companies on Monday and ask if the product in question shares equipment with sesame, tree nuts, or peanuts). I've found sesame is a bit more difficult here though tree nuts are no picnic either in terms of cross-contamination.

#29 of 51 Old 12-13-2009, 04:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I don't think there are any prednisone equivalents. If you can't get it I'd do benadryl as often as safe according to the label around the clock, including through the night. If that's not possible dosing wise do zyrtec instead. You can overdose on benadryl/use according to label. http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/cold-remedy.html Nursing/benadryl information at bottom of page.

My dad had a hive reaction (he's ana as well but this was just hives) that lasted for quite some time. Things take a while to clear. And I'm wondering if the steroids are suppressing something else possibly.

Do you have an epi pen? If you have that I'd think you could possibly wait on the allergy testing and strictly avoid all nuts and sesame. Assume you're ana to all of it as you likely are (sesame goes with a couple of nuts). You need it all out of your house--that's really important. Check for cross contamination too (call companies on Monday and ask if the product in question shares equipment with sesame, tree nuts, or peanuts). I've found sesame is a bit more difficult here though tree nuts are no picnic either in terms of cross-contamination.
OH..... MY GOODNESS! I am sooooo glad I read what you wrote before I kicked the computer. You may have very well just saved me ANOTHER reactions! Not kidding at all! Just this evening, despite the horrid reaction I had to the pine nut hummus I was still craving some hummus. So I thought I'd pick up a different kind, different brand, and read carefully to make sure it didn't have any traces of nuts in it. It didn't. BUT, it does clearly say, "ALLERGIES: CONTAINS SESAME SEEDS"!!!!! I've read nothing about this possible link... or maybe it's just that I was so focused on the nut issue that I didn't pay attention to mention of sesame in my researching.

I was too full after dinner to have the hummus and chips (thought about snacking on them while making dinner but didn't) but was going to try a bit RIGHT AFTER finishing on the computer TONIGHT! So, I will definatly be giving that away along with the 2 half gallons of almond milk to my mom when she visits tomorrow!

THANK YOU!!!

I did get a couple epi pens luckily but, given this odd chain of events and the realization that there are many more offenders out there than I was aware of (exposed by you in this case!) I think I should probably try to keep my Jan 6 appointment. As much as I'd hate to, if nothing else comes through I could ask the parents for some help with the monthly payments until we can better handle them. I know they'd be glad to help, I just hate to ask as an adult yk.

Thank you for possibly saving me from another ER bill.... or worse!

ETA: thanks for the link as well. I was worried about supply and benadryl. I was told to take some if I took the pred late at night or delayed and did. I did notice a bit of a srop in supply but, with all the stuff I've been taking in the last few days, who knows what it was. Ds seemed to be gulping away just fine today.

#30 of 51 Old 12-13-2009, 04:57 AM

I'm glad. Yes, avoid sesame until you get that allergy testing. Not all nut allergic people are allergic to sesame but the most serious nut allergies also share a protein with sesame so its common to react similarly to it. Sesame anaphylaxis isn't uncommon. Also, it's important to know that companies are not required to label sesame seeds. No company is required to label that their product is manufactured with anything (tree nuts or sesame). So you do need to call. Avoid crackers. I think they all are manufactured with sesame. Be careful of breads and anything with bread crumbs as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page