Shifting pain in Hip and lower back - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-16-2009, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have this extreme pain in my lower back and right side of my hip which comes and goes and some times shifts . The pain seems more if I lie down and comes in bursts and is really painful that I have to stop all activity and sit down. Along with this I also have pain in the right side of my abdomen. could these be gas pains?
I am trying not to go to the doc, would anyone know what it might be?
#2 of 3 Old 12-16-2009, 03:28 PM

Your sciatic nerve exits the lower spine, goes through the buttocks and down the leg. It could explain the pain you are describing.

I have a curvature in my lower spine that sometimes puts pressure on my sciatic nerve. When that happens, I find that sleeping semi-fetal is best, with a small pillow between my knees. The position helps relieve pressure from the lower spine.

Years ago, I would feel pain in my abdomen at the same time (not any more). It was so intense it was suspected that I had endometriosis or an ovarian cyst. But, when that pain, as well as the back pain, were alleviated by a chiropractor's adjustment, it was clear the two were related. I've heard of other people, in different circumstances, having pain distant from its source - referred or radiated pain. Certainly, I don't know if that's what's going in with you. Just telling you my story so that you might keep it in mind as you pursue answers.

Feel better.
#3 of 3 Old 08-27-2012, 12:08 AM

Now I know what has been bothering me. I had an acute pain near my lower right back. I thought it was some nerve issue and applied Volini for a week. Then my mother applied heat compress and the pain vanished from there. However, the pain shifted to my right hip joint which aggrevated while lying down and reduced when I walked around. Now I don't know what to do. It must be that sciatic nerve because now i can feel the pain right through my right butt and spurts of pain arise when I try to move my right leg lying down or ever try to change sides. I am going to visit a doctor tomorrow but would be glad if someone can give any solutions.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page