Mothering Forum banner

Lead poisoning

512 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  APToddlerMama 
#1 ·
Does anyone know anything natural to help reduce the lead levels in children who have higher lead levels but not high enough for "treatment" by the doctor? My son is 21 months and has some pretty significant developmental delays and we are just waiting for a second lead test, but the first one was high and I am worried and hoping to find something we can do to reduce it naturally. Thanks!

#2 ·
I was going to come here and suggest following the recommendations in Perscription For Nutritional Healing....but not sure since your DS is only 21 months.

My husband works in a lead smelter and we have to make sure he takes his vitamins or his lead levels go pretty high......since we've started the recommendations in the book above, his levels have dropped by 5 points.

#3 ·
Vitamin C should help reduce and would be safe at his age. Keeping his minerals (iron, calcium particularly) in range should help reduce further intake but in my research won't remove..it's just that they compete for space kind of in terms of uptake. But vitamin C should reduce. Do you know the source so you can get rid of it/take care of it? Levels will fall as you remove the source.

#4 ·
We have an old house that was remodeled by an amateur before we bought it. They said it was professionally done, but I really have my doubts based on some crazy handman wiring, etc., so I'm guessing it is dust even though I'm crazy about mopping, dusting, etc. I am also suspicious about our city water and we're switching to bottled. We received a letter in the mail from them and I guess they're the only city around here who sends this letter. None of the suburbs do so I am guessing they know something we don't. We don't have peeling paint or anything, so who knows. We're going to be moving anyhow. Thanks for the suggestion on the vitamin C.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.