Pink Eye? Update Post 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-04-2010, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a mess right now. How do I know if it's viral or bacterial? I am really getting concerned with my right eye and side of my face. Swollen, red of the eye is deep deep red. My cheek is pinkish to red.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#2 of 7 Old 01-04-2010, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't know if this would help with pinkeye (or if you are still nursing), but I have put breastmilk in my eyes when my eyes were feeling gross. It seemed to help. You might give it a shot if you can swing it. I hope you feel better soon!

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#3 of 7 Old 01-05-2010, 01:50 AM

My dd had some crazy cases of pink eye last year. We healed it up with 2 drops (NOT dropperfuls) of colloidal silver in each eye- remember to treat both eyes. This did not sting at all.
#4 of 7 Old 01-05-2010, 03:52 PM

I second breastmilk in the eye. It really works!

goorganic.jpgwife to footinmouth.gif, currently WOH and geek.gif on my doctorate. (I'm dissertating!) We: novaxnocirc.giftoddler.gifgd.giffamilybed1.gif  with DS (4/09)!
#5 of 7 Old 01-05-2010, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

I felt something was not right with this. So I went to the Doctor this afternoon. I have Facial Skin Cellulitis, Bacterial Pink Eye, Right ear is very infected. So I was given abx and eye drops. I was also told if the area on my face gets worse or my eye starts to bulge tonight I need to go to the ER. With the eye bulging would mean the infection has made its way behind the eye. I would then get a CT scan of my sinus and be admited for IV abx.

My right eye looks really bad. My ear hurts like crazy and my sore throat is getting worse. Sigh....

So not your typical Pink Eye she said.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#6 of 7 Old 01-05-2010, 09:27 PM

Wow--it's a good thing you followed your instincts on this one! I hope it clears up fast.

Wife to a wonderful dh and mom to four beautiful kiddos, dd (3/04):, ds1 (1/06), ds2 (10/08), and ds3 (7/10)
#7 of 7 Old 01-05-2010, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

It just didn't feel right. I was worried because of my brain. I only have so many brain cells left after having three kids.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page