Neti Pot users, I feel I have fluid in my ears! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-06-2010, 02:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't have allergies or sinus issues, but I wanted to learn how to use the neti pot so that I can teach my DD.
I've done it a few times now, and have been able to get the water to come out from the opposite nostril. I can feel water in my ears and can't seem to drain it out! I know it is there because I don't feel normal and it feels a little like after a swim.

I did do the exercise where you tip your head down to remove extra water, but only for a minute or so.

Any ideas? I don't know if the Neti is the way to go for an 8 year old, if there is a possiblity to get water in your ear.
#2 of 2 Old 01-06-2010, 03:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's why I don't use a neti pot. It's too easy to get water back in your ears. Especially for an 8 yo that would be tough. This is more $$ than a neti pot, but it's what I use and you don't tip your head.
http://www.hydromedonline.com/hp.html

I'm sure once you get it down with the neti pot it's easy, I know a lot of people really like it. But I like the Grossan too b/c of it's gentle pulsation. Just depends on if you want to spend the bucks. You can also use a WaterPik and they have a nasal adapter for that too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page