Mothering Forum banner

Super awful PMS since weaning?

823 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  kalisis 
#1 ·
Is this common?

DD weaned in August and at that point, I had been nursing for 5 years. I never suffered from PMS before I had kids, it wasn't a big deal, my cycle was regular and it just came and went.

But now, holy smokes. About a week before AF shows up, those two days are so terrible, awful I'm not sure I'm going to get through them. It is akin to the depths of the PPD I suffered after DD came along.

This month I finally realized what was up, putting two and two together and I started taking some evening primrose oil. That seemed to help a little and also the realization that this wasn't me going crazy, there has to be some hormonal reason to it.

Can you think of anything else I might do or take to help alleviate this? Would wild yam cream help? What else?

#2 ·
I'm having the same issue. I weaned in september after nursing for 3 yrs. Since that time I've also had PMS symptoms. In the past I hardly ever had any problems w PMS. Now my breasts get very tender, get heart palpitations,fatigue atleast 2 wks before. I also start ovulating early-right after my period. I don't get it?
This month I have pains in my right side-a week or less after my period. Had this a few months ago and even went to my Gynecologist and had an ultrasound. Maybe I'll try the primrose oil. I was thinking of getting Dr Schulze's female formula. I've always eaten very healthy but am even better now so I can't figure it out. Glad to hear I'm not alone.

#4 ·
Thanks for your comments and commiseration. This is really worse than anything I've ever experienced and I truly feel like I might be losing my mind. The worst two days last week were Monday and Tuesday and now yesterday, Sunday, AF showed up. At least I'm regular, but wow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.