round patches - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 01-11-2010, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD has these dry patches of skin on her legs. Well at least I think it's dry skin. They aren't red like eczema. They are white and rough to the touch. The one on her shin is huge and it seems to be getting bigger. Does it sound like dry skin or something else?
#2 of 18 Old 01-11-2010, 10:59 PM

That's how eczema presents on me as an adult. Haven't seen it on my son like that. The only other thought is psoriasis, which I don't have personal experience with, but which can be white.
#3 of 18 Old 01-12-2010, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy's Mom View Post
That's how eczema presents on me as an adult. Haven't seen it on my son like that. The only other thought is psoriasis, which I don't have personal experience with, but which can be white.
Ya I thought psoriasis but my friend has that and it looks nothing like that. I'll have to do some more looking into it
#4 of 18 Old 01-12-2010, 05:06 PM

are the edges raised?

Could it be ringworm?

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

#5 of 18 Old 01-12-2010, 05:17 PM

I was thinking ringworm too.....

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif
#6 of 18 Old 01-13-2010, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusmomma View Post
I was thinking ringworm too.....
I don't believe so. It's not raised. I've had it before so I know what it looks like. It feels like dry skin. She has smaller ones on her legs too.
#7 of 18 Old 01-14-2010, 02:35 AM
Bea

Tinea versicolor?

"Custom will reconcile people to any atrocity."
#8 of 18 Old 01-16-2010, 01:28 PM

DH gets that. The dermatologist calls it "coin eczema." aka nummular eczema. treat just like any other eczema.

All of the images I just saw on google images show red spots, but DH's are white. so

--amy
DS1 is 5, DD is 3, DS2 is 2.
#9 of 18 Old 01-16-2010, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
Tinea versicolor?
I will have to look that up
Quote:
Originally Posted by cidercat View Post
DH gets that. The dermatologist calls it "coin eczema." aka nummular eczema. treat just like any other eczema.

All of the images I just saw on google images show red spots, but DH's are white. so
Interesting. Maybe I should take her into pedi? Yes her are white only too
#10 of 18 Old 01-16-2010, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
Tinea versicolor?
From googling it I'm sure that's not it. Thank you though
#11 of 18 Old 01-17-2010, 10:23 AM

Sounds like a form of eczema to me. My kids get that when they (or I if breastfeeding) eat an allergen or are needing nutrients.
#12 of 18 Old 01-17-2010, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
Sounds like a form of eczema to me. My kids get that when they (or I if breastfeeding) eat an allergen or are needing nutrients.
I"m convinced my daughter needs nutrients(dry hair,slight DEcaying in her front 2 teeth,puffy undereyes) but I'm not getting anywhere. Her ND isn't really helping me much. I'm beyond frustrated! We did some allergy testing and everything came back negative. What are your thougths bluebirdmama
#13 of 18 Old 01-17-2010, 09:11 PM

What is your diet/childs diet like?
How old is she? Is she nursing? (forgive me your child is alot older, but I thought I remember that you child is little)
#14 of 18 Old 01-17-2010, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
What is your diet/childs diet like?
How old is she? Is she nursing? (forgive me your child is alot older, but I thought I remember that you child is little)
She is 19 months old so your right . No longer nursing. This is what she eats in a normal day

Breakfast-ezekiel bread with real butter or almond butter, raw milk and sometimes a piece of fruit with that.
snack-coconut yogurt-not homemade
Lunch-organic ham with raw cheese or eggs scrambled with ham or her fave salmon, wild caught of course Usually with ghee,lemon, sea salt and thyme)
snack-fruit
dinner-whatever we eat. I make a meat always organic,a vegetable and salad with homemade dressing. Try to do some sort of ferment as well.

Supplements-vit D drops, FCLO, and zinc when I remember
#15 of 18 Old 01-18-2010, 09:49 AM

Note: The following is only friendly suggestions and not prescription.

I am picking up that the teeth issue is a bigger priority than the round patches.

(this is only pertaining to the teeth. I am getting that the teeth may need dentist help, but that there is applications needed directly applied to the teeth like a good quality cal/mag supplement, and something more like natural calm cal/mg drunk and then applied to the teeth)

Less beef (liver not included)
More greens, vegetables, and dairy and good grass fed butters instead
Herb infusions like oatstraw and nettles would be beneficial

Nutrients needed:
Vit C
Vit D (continue on what you are giving her)
Boiflavanoids
Calcium
Magnesium
(I am picking up a chlorine issue in your bathing water)
Molybdenum
Cell salts!!!
Prayer

Let me know how you feel about this and if you need me to go further, working on the rashes, let me know.
#16 of 18 Old 01-18-2010, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Note: The following is only friendly suggestions and not prescription.

I am picking up that the teeth issue is a bigger priority than the round patches.

(this is only pertaining to the teeth. I am getting that the teeth may need dentist help, but that there is applications needed directly applied to the teeth like a good quality cal/mag supplement, and something more like natural calm cal/mg drunk and then applied to the teeth)

Less beef (liver not included)
More greens, vegetables, and dairy and good grass fed butters instead
Herb infusions like oatstraw and nettles would be beneficial

Nutrients needed:
Vit C
Vit D (continue on what you are giving her)
Boiflavanoids
Calcium
Magnesium
(I am picking up a chlorine issue in your bathing water)
Molybdenum
Cell salts!!!
Prayer

Let me know how you feel about this and if you need me to go further, working on the rashes, let me know.
A few questons for you,
You would pit natural calm on the teeth?? What about phosphorus? What are cell salts? And wow your good, we are in AZ till March and there's a ton of chlorine in our water! Would you happen to know of a good shower filter?

why less beef? Besides ground beef Dd will only eat salmon and organic ham SOMETIMES. I wish I/we could do liver but ohhhhhh I just can't!!!! I've heard of molybdenum in allergy I believe but have to look into that one.
I really appreciate your help
And AMEN to prayer!
#17 of 18 Old 01-18-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom61508 View Post
A few questons for you,
You would pit natural calm on the teeth?? What about phosphorus? What are cell salts? And wow your good, we are in AZ till March and there's a ton of chlorine in our water! Would you happen to know of a good shower filter?

why less beef? Besides ground beef Dd will only eat salmon and organic ham SOMETIMES. I wish I/we could do liver but ohhhhhh I just can't!!!! I've heard of molybdenum in allergy I believe but have to look into that one.
I really appreciate your help
And AMEN to prayer!
Just make up the natural calm (not the plain one, but the one WITH calcium) and let her drink it and either have her swish or you wipe it around her teeth. You may have to wipe it around since she may not be able to swish at her age. My 2 yr old still can't swish.

I am picking up that your dd has adequate phosphorus, but I am pretty sure the natural calm/calcium has phosphorus in it too if you are concerned.

Epsom salts are really good too.

I have no idea about a shower filter. www.gobeyondorganic.com has the best but too pricey for me at the moment. We need one too, but chlorinated water can rob the body of minerals- not god especially in your daughters situation.

As for the molybdenum (it is a mineral), I am not sure why your dd needs that, but it very common for children. It is high in lentils, and other beans, but many children will eat the meat over the lentils and making their stores of molybdenum low. Still I can't say why your dd needs less beef, and a replacement of more veggies, greens and dairy (best if grass fed, raw), but it must be what your dd's body needs more of right now.

I will write about cell salts in a bit, I must put ds down for a nap... (check out 1800homeopathy.com till then)
#18 of 18 Old 01-19-2010, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Just make up the natural calm (not the plain one, but the one WITH calcium) and let her drink it and either have her swish or you wipe it around her teeth. You may have to wipe it around since she may not be able to swish at her age. My 2 yr old still can't swish.

I am picking up that your dd has adequate phosphorus, but I am pretty sure the natural calm/calcium has phosphorus in it too if you are concerned.

Epsom salts are really good too.

I have no idea about a shower filter. www.gobeyondorganic.com has the best but too pricey for me at the moment. We need one too, but chlorinated water can rob the body of minerals- not god especially in your daughters situation.

As for the molybdenum (it is a mineral), I am not sure why your dd needs that, but it very common for children. It is high in lentils, and other beans, but many children will eat the meat over the lentils and making their stores of molybdenum low. Still I can't say why your dd needs less beef, and a replacement of more veggies, greens and dairy (best if grass fed, raw), but it must be what your dd's body needs more of right now.

I will write about cell salts in a bit, I must put ds down for a nap... (check out 1800homeopathy.com till then)
We do eat a lot of beans. mainly pinto and black. We only use raw milk and raw cheese mainly. She eats no veggies. I can't get her to eat veggies to save my life She will eat sweet potato with lots of real butter BUT no real veg. Her ND wants me to cut out dairy and replace with rice or almond. Not into that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page