When my son gets ear infections why does his tonsils and lymph nodes swell - Mothering Forums
Women's Health > When my son gets ear infections why does his tonsils and lymph nodes swell
MommytoB's Avatar MommytoB 09:46 PM 01-21-2010
Everytime he gets an ear infection starts out with a cough then his ear will get inflamed looking but docs wait it out going okay no fluid then his fever happens and a more swollen tonsils, throat lymph nodes. His coughing gets worse and his fever would have had a break for 2 days but always comes back . Also his uvula is so long and will also swell when he has a cough /ear infection . His coughing can end up so bad that he throws up from it..

It almost like he has the h1n1 flu sxs just by describing the ear infection sxs you know ?

So then I am wondering if he always gets a bacterial infection vs a viral ear infection ? Would a viral ear infection act different in his throat wise vs a bacterial one ?

He has started to settle down with his antibiotics and his cough has decreased so I'm just trying to figure this out why does other things get bothered?

Greenchoice's Avatar Greenchoice 07:14 PM 01-27-2010
I get the almost opposite situation. When I get strep throat it almost always expands into an ear infection. Doctors have told me it's because the ears and the throat share a canal that makes it easy for cross infection.
Up