Tell me about cell salts. - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 1201 Old 07-05-2010, 10:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD's 2 years molars are starting to move I think. She's been gnawing on her fingers big time. I've used hylands teething tabs in the past but didn't really notice a difference with her taking them. Would cell salts help with molars or is there other specific thing I can give that will help?

She doesn't seem to be in pain YET anyway but it's just starting. Her mood seems fine and the teething isn't causing any night waking YET lol
#302 of 1201 Old 07-05-2010, 10:30 PM

cell salts would be great!
#303 of 1201 Old 07-05-2010, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
cell salts would be great!
not to be a pain hehe but which ones calc phos and calc flour?
#304 of 1201 Old 07-05-2010, 11:54 PM

I'd add mag phos and ferrum phos too.
#305 of 1201 Old 07-06-2010, 01:20 AM

Okay. (Deep breath) We are dealing with extensive tooth decay in my 6 year old, most likely from heavy-duty meds he was on two years ago. He had really good teeth before that; in fact he had just been to the dentist right before all his hospitalizations, and gotten an excellent report. We do all the good WAPF nutrition stuff, except that he cannot get CLO as often as we would like, due to his hemophilia. Here's a link to my thread in the dental forum if you want to know more: http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1237637

I've been giving him calc flour, calc phos, and bioplasma -- is there anything else I should be giving him? The current theory is that his enamel is having trouble because of the timing of the heavy-duty meds; can cell salts address that kind of enamel problem?

He does not have any infection symptoms, and is not in any pain. There are two visible cavities, and the rest are visible only on xray, and are inside the tooth. The dentist said she saw some bone loss. She is recommending four extractions (of molars) and eight fillings.

Should I add silica? Any of the Mags or others? I can't think of any other significant symptoms he has, other than that he gets sinus symptoms when his mouth bacteria get out of control.

Mama to two sweet boys, a 7yo superhero.gif and a toddler coolshine.gif.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein

#306 of 1201 Old 07-12-2010, 11:19 AM

I saw I was running out of my bioplasma a few weeks ago, so I started reducing my amounts and then I totally ran out.

At the same time I started feeling less energetic and much more depressed. My old self was coming back. I realized I was running out of molybdenum in my system and felt perplexed that I would be running out now, and that my multi still didn't have enough. My breasts began to be more sore, and other symptoms started coming back. I started wondering why I would need so much still.

Then ding! ding! ding! I didn't have the bioplasma in me to help me fully absorb what I've been getting in food and supps.

A new order has been made.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#307 of 1201 Old 07-13-2010, 10:37 AM

Wow, thanks for sharing M2S! How often/much of it are you taking? I find I forget to take it/give it to my kids throughout the day when we are well and I'm not thinking about it. Also, what brand and where are you ordering from?

mbravebird, I don't really know which cell salts are good for what, but you might PM Panserbjorne, as I am sure she would be happy to tell you.

Good luck!
#308 of 1201 Old 07-13-2010, 10:41 AM

I am taking 4 tablets 2 or 3 times a day, depending on my pendulum. I do sometimes take breaks (ie forget )

I have the 1800 homeopathy brand for myself.

I have the lactose free brand, from Panser, for the boys. I still need to get the bioplasma for the boys.

#309 of 1201 Old 07-19-2010, 10:51 PM

Thank you for this thread! I have a few questions...

I'm almost 22 weeks pregnant and would like to start taking the Bioplasma along with a a few other cell salts that seem pertinent. What potency should I be taking? How much & how many times per day? (I know this was addressed already but I am too tired to look back through this thread.)

I have hemorrhoids, back pain and leg pain (it *feels* like varicose veins but none are visible and there's no swelling). Would Calcarea fluor be best for that? Or the combo Elastic - Tissue G?

Also, I have a lot of muscle aches. When I lay down to sleep at night sometimes I just feel like everything is all tensed up and I can't relax. I don't really have insomnia, though. Would Insomnia - Tissue A be best for this, even though I don't have trouble sleeping?

And would it be best just to start with the Bioplasma and see how I feel, and then address other issues if necessary?

TIA!

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#310 of 1201 Old 07-21-2010, 01:36 PM

This thread is so fascinating! I had never even heard of cell salts before today, and now I am interested in trying Bioplasma. I'm hoping to start TTC this fall.

I have a question about homeopathy. I am currently taking a remedy from my homeopath. I met with her this spring (she lives across the country from me) and she gave me a remedy that I have been taking for about 6 weeks. I had a follow-up phone consult with her and am planning to continue taking the remedy for a while (I'm only about 1/4 of the way through the bottle and she thought it was good for me to keep taking it, at least several times a week).
ANYWAY, my question is this: Will taking Bioplasma disrupt my remedy? I'm very new to this, and it's really confusing! I have been warned to stay away from the flower essences I used to use, and also have been careful to limit caffeine/alcohol and other drugs. I really want to give this remedy a good chance to work on me and don't want to intterupt anything.
Any info you have would be great!!
Thanks for a great thread.

Married to my sweetie and enjoying life with our fabulous dog.  Expecting #1 in August 2012!!!!

#311 of 1201 Old 07-21-2010, 02:05 PM

it's best to ask your practitioner. I don't think flower essences or cell salts are an issue at all (other than making everything work harmoniously!), but others feel differently.
#312 of 1201 Old 07-21-2010, 03:41 PM

I just started reading the facial diagnosis cell salt book, and I'm confused. It has a huge list of rules, of what not to do with cell salts, like: don't touch them, don't chew them (let them sit under your tongue until dissolved), etc.

I thought those rules only applied to actual homeopathic remedies, because they are energetic, but that cell salts weren't.

Am I right, or is the book?

Kay- I would check out that book if you can find it at your library. I'm only through the first section, but it sounds like calc flour matched some of your symptoms. I'm taking my salts 4 at a time, 4 times a day; DD takes 2 at a time, 3 times a day.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#313 of 1201 Old 07-21-2010, 03:48 PM

I don't even feel that they hugely apply to homeopathy, so I'm very little help.

Different people have different perspectives, yadda yadda yadda. I have the book, I don't LOVE it.

It's fine in my book to touch them. Chewing them is okay. I still see results. I think the best way to take almost anything (flower remedies, cell salts, homeopathics etc) is in water for a number of reasons.

I think people like rules. Well most. I just like what works and in my experience all these strict rules do is create anxiety for people. There may be reasons and they may make sense, but it doesn't mean that they're the ONLY way to do things.
sunnysandiegan likes this.
#314 of 1201 Old 07-22-2010, 11:46 PM

I have been avoiding this threda for a while since my kids and I are completely off dairy. I think it contributed to alot of gut issues and we were only eating ghee. So now I am worried that the dairy in cell salts may do harm. We are avoiding anything with trace amounts of dairy. And we have issues with sugar too. Is there such thing as sugar free cell salts?

I still use homeopathic remedies since you only need a tiny pelleta dn we don't take them every dau or sometimes not every week, so the dairy in that doesn't concern me. But with cell salts, you take sooo much dairy.
#315 of 1201 Old 07-23-2010, 08:52 AM

I do have access and utilize dairy free cell salts. They are still sucrose. You can get spagyric salts but they are PRICEY. They would be dairy and sugar free but more than twice as much. The ones I have gotten for folks retail for around $20 for singles and $28 for combos last time I looked. My price is $12 per salt, $16 for combos...they used to be $2 less each but as with everything, prices have gone up!

I *think* the spagyrics are about $18 per salt. You'd have to look. You would also go through them faster than the tablets. The tablets have 550 in the bottle and I think the spagyrics have about half that in terms of doses.

Anyway, to answer your question, many people can't do the lactose in the salts. That's why I use the dairy free. Yes, their are options for dairy free AND sugar free, depending on what you want to pay!
#316 of 1201 Old 07-23-2010, 09:03 AM

Too pricey for spagyric salts at the moment!

I will have to try the sucrose ones. I will eamil you PB about it eventually. Don't you have a kids that is dairy free and does lactose salts? And isn't it a contrdiction, taking sugar salts for teeth healing?
#317 of 1201 Old 07-23-2010, 09:06 AM

I don't think so! Not when I have seen what I have. I'm in the camp of "show me." I have been shown time and again with the salts that they work. Amazingly well in spite of the sugar.

And yes, all my kids are dairy free. Two can do the lactose salts, one cannot. That's why I needed a back up plan!
#318 of 1201 Old 07-26-2010, 06:37 PM

My sweet four year old has come down with a good sized fever. My guess is that it is at least 101.5. Not many complaints from him. I gave him some aconite earlier and just gave him some cell salts nat mur. I thought ferr phos might be good but it came up no. I don't necessarily want to lower the fever, just want to help him through it. Anyone use any other cell salts? I don't have a safe bioplasma for him.
Thought maybe some extra b12 and vit c might also help.

#319 of 1201 Old 08-02-2010, 10:55 AM

I have a friend who has a 7 year old with an tooth infection. I am working on a program to help her avoid an extraction or root canal - ick.

I am trying to figure out what the appropriate salts are for infection. Will come back and fill in the info as I find it.

eta: so I am giving her the following:
calc fluor
calc phos
silica

but am still seeing about the infection itself. That is our biggest worry.

#320 of 1201 Old 08-02-2010, 11:24 AM

is he in pain? I'd do ferrum phos, mag phos and kali phos.

Ferrum for inflammation and infection.
Mag for pain.
Kali in case there's nerve involvement.

If an abscess develops then it becomes a different situation. Is the infection in the tooth, the gum?
#321 of 1201 Old 08-02-2010, 11:36 AM

she's not in pain and you can't see the infection, so it must be in the tooth/under the tooth.

how about calc sulph as a blood purifier and healer?

So it looks like ferrum and kali would be good to add.

Thanks Panser

I'm also recommending: oil pulling, sodium ascorbate and how about castor oil pack??

#322 of 1201 Old 08-02-2010, 11:41 AM

just need to understand more about what is presenting....in the early stages calc sulph is a good choice, but in later stages you move to silica and you can't give them together.

I would throw in ferrum. If no pain you can discard mag phos and kali phos.

Is it better hot? Cold? what are her symptoms, exactly?
#323 of 1201 Old 08-02-2010, 11:45 AM

ok sounds like silica is the better choice.

Mom was shocked she had an infection, but knew there was a cavity for a while. So, this is all based on the dentists recs. Mom can't see anything.

#324 of 1201 Old 08-02-2010, 11:51 AM

okay...if you give silica be prepared for the fact that an abscess may present. Silica is for expelling things. This is part of healing but she would need to be prepared for what path healing might take.
#325 of 1201 Old 08-02-2010, 11:52 AM

oh, a castor oil pack would be great, but oil pulling is quite a task and she may be too young for that.
#326 of 1201 Old 08-02-2010, 11:58 AM

awesome info.
Will do calc sulph for the week she is at her dad's house - no need to freak him out with an abscess, and give suggestion to move to silica when she is back home.

thanks again.

#327 of 1201 Old 08-02-2010, 12:15 PM

I'd also be curious to know if it's a baby tooth...is there no pain because the nerve is dead? I'm assuming it's not a baby tooth as they'd be more inclined to pull it than to do a root canal (I'm assuming.)

I'd also consider doing essential oils with the castor oil pack...something for infection. Lemon, eucalyptus, bergamot, lavender, cinnamon....heck, you could even just do thieves oil.
#328 of 1201 Old 08-02-2010, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
just need to understand more about what is presenting....in the early stages calc sulph is a good choice, but in later stages you move to silica and you can't give them together.
Is that only for acute situations? Reading the Biochemic Handbook, the two seemed like a good fit for longer term use, let me figure out why I thought that....

silica as a "cleanser and eliminator" ... "helps the body throw off non-functional organic matter"

calc sulph as a "blood purifier and healer" ... "found in the liver where it helps int he removal of waste products from the blood stream and has cleansing and purifying influence throughout the system"

To me, those seem complementary in a long-term way. Am I missing subtleties?
#329 of 1201 Old 08-02-2010, 01:23 PM

It is a baby tooth. I also am surprised they want to do a root canal. One of the reasons is that it is a tooth further back, so she would need a spacer for 3-5 years.

Do baby teeth not have as much nerve?

I disagree with the advice she has been given.

#330 of 1201 Old 08-02-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post
Is that only for acute situations? Reading the Biochemic Handbook, the two seemed like a good fit for longer term use, let me figure out why I thought that....

silica as a "cleanser and eliminator" ... "helps the body throw off non-functional organic matter"

calc sulph as a "blood purifier and healer" ... "found in the liver where it helps int he removal of waste products from the blood stream and has cleansing and purifying influence throughout the system"

To me, those seem complementary in a long-term way. Am I missing subtleties?

calc sulph can clear the start of an abscess and halts the formation of pus. It is best given in the first stages before pus has formed to resolve it. Silica helps to expel the pus. In this way they can work against each other. Calc sulph can also be given when it's chronic and hasn't resolved....like months and months later. Alternating them can disrupt the situation significantly. They are the opposite of one another. So in dealing with a specific situation you'd need to keep that in mind.

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page