Forum Jump: 

#361 of 1201 Old 08-08-2010, 11:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
Cool.

At first I didn't think Ferr Phos because a deficiency causes a relaxation of the muscular walls, and that wasn't my first thought (she is cramped), but that relaxation could cause the injury.

For Ferr Phos, the pains are worse from motion and better from cold.

The thing is is that Ferr Phos seems to be for the 1st stage of issues. So maybe she should take it right away, either after she anticipates her exercise might have hurt her, or at the first sign of pain. And maybe later, when the pain is significant and spasming take mag phos every 15 minutes.
(I see that you suggest alternating the two)

It is also for the 1st stage of cystitis, with heat pain or feverishness and pains in the kidneys. The problem is that Kathy doesn't always get signs for her UTIs. So would she not catch it in time to use Ferr Phos?

What is NOT Kathy - "inability to command the right words or express himself. . . annoyed at trifles" - this is infact - totally me.

Kathy - how is your iron level? Do you think you might not have enough?, or possibly not accessing it well? (I take enough mag, I just don't access it well)

that's my report.

I am really loving Ferr Phos and am thinking of getting a couple of bottles, making sure it is around me, since it is for the 1st sign of things.
My mom starting to get a pretty uncomfortable head cold today - burning sinuses, sore throat, tiredness, slight ache. She was wowed by how quickly Ferr Phos helped. I instructed her to take Nat Mur when the mucus starts to flow.

eta: thanks Mbravebird for the ferr phos heads up.
You are doing great! Remember there are chronic and acute indications for each salt...so a personality type is more about the chronic need and doesn't necessarily appear in the acute.

Yes, mag phos, calc phos and ferrum phos are must haves. Really all of them are, but these are the most often used in most houses.

Relaxation can also allow for swelling, yes?

In Kathy's case (sorry, Kathy!) I'd suggest using it because of the history. Without signs it's hard to be on top of it, but if she's responding well to salts, the biochemic phosphates should be very helpful. In acutes it may be easier and quicker to alternate mag and ferrum phos, but in the absence of them the phosphates can be wonderful.

And BINGO on taking it if one suspects they overdid something. Perfect indication.
#362 of 1201 Old 08-09-2010, 12:32 AM

Smile.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#363 of 1201 Old 08-09-2010, 01:41 PM

Wow! Subbing here... need to go through and read the whole thread now!

me, dd1, dd2, ds, and #4 due March 1. dbf has 2 of his own, so it will be an adventure!

i like making things. 

#364 of 1201 Old 08-09-2010, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Have I become a case study?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
you can take mag phos every fifteen minutes when you are having spasms. I'd alternate it with ferrum phos (so I'd do mag phos every half hour and do ferrum phos at the 15 minute mark if that makes sense) to reduce swelling if that's what causing the issue with flow.

And, yes. Me too. Well, I always watch them with such HIGH hopes. I really liked Eat Pray Love, and I'm kind of cringing....we shall see. That's a bit different though. It's not meant to be magical. Like I'm going to freak when the Expected One and Outlander come out as movies.
Thank you! Is there a good book or website that explains the different uses for the different salts for a novice?

I have the first Outlander book, but I'm only on page 20. I just can't get into it for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
Cool.

At first I didn't think Ferr Phos because a deficiency causes a relaxation of the muscular walls, and that wasn't my first thought (she is cramped), but that relaxation could cause the injury.

For Ferr Phos, the pains are worse from motion and better from cold.

The thing is is that Ferr Phos seems to be for the 1st stage of issues. So maybe she should take it right away, either after she anticipates her exercise might have hurt her, or at the first sign of pain. And maybe later, when the pain is significant and spasming take mag phos every 15 minutes.
(I see that you suggest alternating the two)

It is also for the 1st stage of cystitis, with heat pain or feverishness and pains in the kidneys. The problem is that Kathy doesn't always get signs for her UTIs. So would she not catch it in time to use Ferr Phos?
This is fortuitous... though is it the same thing for pains in the bladder? Because that's what I'm feeling today instead of pains in the kidneys. I think when I start spasming, then the nerves get compressed more in my back, and then the bladder issues start.

Quote:
What is NOT Kathy - "inability to command the right words or express himself. . . annoyed at trifles" - this is infact - totally me.
I get annoyed at the little things. Though if someone wanted to make me a trifle, I'd eat it!!

Quote:
Kathy - how is your iron level? Do you think you might not have enough?, or possibly not accessing it well? (I take enough mag, I just don't access it well)
My iron level has always been fine.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#365 of 1201 Old 08-09-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post

I have the first Outlander book, but I'm only on page 20. I just can't get into it for some reason.

just get through the first two chapters. That's it...it picks up and becomes AWESOME (and steamy....which doesn't hurt!)
#366 of 1201 Old 08-13-2010, 10:32 AM

I just thought I'd update this thread, since I've had such a positive interaction with cell salts recently.

I was coming down with a monster of a cold on Monday. The 16-month-old had just had it was still suffering the afterness of a bad week of badness because of it, and his daddy was in the process of getting over it, but both I and his grandma were coming down with it hard.

I was rereading this thread (i'd originally read it for dental health information) and saw that cell salts could help with a cold. Since it was 4am and I was too stuffed up to sleep, I pulled out my bottle of the 12 cell salt mix and started taking 4 every 15-20min. I did this about five times before I was able to relax and go back to bed.

Tuesday morning, I went out and bought what I found recommended for fighting colds: Ferrum Phos, Kali Mur, and Kali Sulph. I tried to take the full 8 doses for an acute case, but I'm not sure if I got all 8 in since I had to work Tuesday night.

Wednesday morning, I was feeling MUCH better (my mom, who had been coming down with it at the same time as me, was much worse). I once again tried for 8 doses, although I may not have gotten all of them. Thursday, I felt even better... other than a bit of stuffiness in my ears, I didn't feel ill at all.

So here it is, Friday morning. My mom is hacking up a lung and miserable, can barely talk for inflammation. And I? Have mildly stuffy ears and a bit moe mucus production than on a normal day.

My mom still claims they're a "placebo," but if they are, they are one danged effective placebo!!

I'm giving the 16-month-old 1 Bioplasma 2-4x a day now. And once I am completely over the lingering effects of the cold, I will go to dosing myself with it every day. You can't argue with results like these, imo.

- E

Erynne, a cloth diapering, EC-practicing, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping
first-time-mom to Jacob Connor (4/1/09) and wife to Chris (9/24/08). Expecting #2

in March 2012.

#367 of 1201 Old 08-23-2010, 05:25 PM

I'm finally joining! Got the go ahead from dh to 'test out' cell salts. The plan is to use them on me, then, if we can identify clear benefits that can't be easily attributed to other things, then try them with dd and ds.

So now what do I choose, and how do I use them? I'm thinking the best target might be my teeth, since they're translucent around the edges and getting sensitive, and that would be an easy change to identify. Is that calc fluor and calc phos? And silica and bioplasma? What's the cheapest way to start?

Eventually, for dd, she's got significant decay on her front teeth, and what I'm calling 'loose ligaments' - she's super flexible, her ankles turn in, and she's pretty developmentally late with running/jumping/etc.

For ds, I'm concerned about future tooth issues, given dd and me, and these first two teeth (at 4.5mo) were PAINFUL, so I want to help with that if I can.

Oh, and is this the sort of thing that can help through milk? Or not so much, it has to be given directly?

Thoughts? Are these even the right kinds of questions to be asking here?

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#368 of 1201 Old 08-23-2010, 05:49 PM

hey there!

These are things that are best given directly. They have material substance, but I'd not want to count on them passing through milk.

IN terms of expense...they are fairly inexpensive. However there are 12 of them! So what you can do is get combinations of the salts you want (paying for one bottle instead of 4 or 5) but if you are interested in getting going with them I do tend to recommend getting the set. There's going to be ones you use more than others, that's the nature of the game. But even though a smaller one like nat phos or calc sulph doesn't have WIDE ranges, you still really want them around when you have a nat phos or calc sulph situation!

If you want to start with just a few from what you've said I'd say calc fluor, calc phos, ferrum phos, mag phos and silica. You can also, of course do bioplasma. That will cover teeth problems, ligament issues and actual teething.

IF you can do dairy, that's the least expensive. www.1800homeopathy.com is great and they run around $8 per bottle. You can get the whole set for $50 (but there's only 125 or so tablets in each. You're going to go through that fast if you are using them regularly!)

If you can not handle dairy then I carry lactose free salts and try to help people out by keeping costs low. They retail for $20 plus shipping per salt but if you contact me I can do better. I pass a discount on to mamas dealing with food allergies! The lactose free kit retails for $150 plus shipping and I can do better there, too. That goes for anyone on MDC.
#369 of 1201 Old 08-23-2010, 06:00 PM

Thanks!

Right now, we're looking to see if they work for us before investing much. Once they prove themselves, it won't be as much of an issue to pay for more. In that situation, do you think bioplasma would help with clear results? Or is there a combo of the ones you mentioned? I can't see dh being particularly thrilled about shelling out for more than 2 or 3, when it's a stretch that he's agreeing to them in the first place...

Small amounts of dairy are fine, so the lactose shouldn't be a problem. That's a plus!

#370 of 1201 Old 08-23-2010, 06:02 PM

then I'd probably go for bioplasma and calc fluor based on what you said. If you want the tonic E from 1800 homeopathy is a DREAM for teething. It also ain't too shabby for sleep deprived mamas who feel they're on their last nerve....just sayin'.
#371 of 1201 Old 08-23-2010, 09:13 PM

I second Panserbjorne on the source. We use 1800homeopathy stuff regularly too - mostly because it is made in the US and still made in a somewhat small facility and the items usually come in glass. My mentor is particular about the glass part (but then he used to work in the UK and regularly walked into a homeopathic pharmacy when he needed a remedy). WHP is another good place if you can't find something at Luytes (1800homeopathy).

I'll also second Panserbjorne on the bioplasma and calc fluor if you're looking at teeth specifically, combined with cost. I haven't had any need yet to try tonic E so I can't speak to that.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#372 of 1201 Old 08-24-2010, 10:54 AM

I didn't read all of the posts, but we love cell salts! My middle child was born with extreme congestion...for 16 months, you could hear his chest rattling and he ended up getting a bad respiratory infection and even after a round of antibiotics, the rattling was still in his chest. We happened across a Naturopathic Doctor who recommended cell salts (Ferrum Phosphate and another one I cannot remember the name of off the top of my head). She recommended dosing him with one salt every 2 hours, alternating, until the symptoms went away. It took one week and not only did all of the symptoms go away, but he's not had a cold/fever/congestion since then and he's almost 4 now.

When anyone in my family starts to get a runny nose, etc...I whip out the cell salts and give them until the symptoms are gone. When we had a "bad cold" rip through our area (kids and adults were getting bed ridden due to the congestion/coughing/etc) we were taking cell salts and the worst it was in our house was runny noses for a day or so and then nothing.

I cannot rave enough about cell salts!!
#373 of 1201 Old 09-03-2010, 03:34 PM

my order came in. Now, how do I figure out dosing? It's for me, and I have bioplasma, calc fluor and tonic E. I'm assuming that since there's a lot of overlap I don't just do a full dose of each?

#374 of 1201 Old 09-03-2010, 04:46 PM
kl5

I just placed an order from Luyties and, on a whim, added a jar of Tissue B -Debility. I am 40 weeks (today ) pregnant, and thought it would be a good recovery aid. Is there anything about this formula (Calc phos, ferr phos, kali phos) that might not be a good idea? I have been taking bioplasma and Tissue P throughout my pregnancy and feel like they have served me quite well.
#375 of 1201 Old 09-03-2010, 06:07 PM

nope, that is a good one. You can certainly take it.

WhoMe,
You would vary dosing depending on what you were trying to address. What you bought you got for you and your dd, and you'd address them slightly differently. I know that's not an answer...but it's different! So perhaps just start with the bioplasma for you, the calc fluor and bioplasma for dd, and when you are feeling overwhelmed, stressed etc. then add in the tonic E. You can also give it to the babe for teething troubles.

Hope that's clear-if not, ask away.
#376 of 1201 Old 09-03-2010, 08:16 PM

Jumping in here with a general question.

I know it has been said that you can put the cell salts in a water bottle and sip throughout the day, even if on more than 1 salt. However everything I can find about dosing suggests alternating salts. ???I find the only way I can get a decent amount of salts in DS is to put it in his water. He is at daycare all day and I can't ask the provider to give him salts all the time.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#377 of 1201 Old 09-03-2010, 08:30 PM

In a perfect world you'd alternate them. However my life is not that perfect, nor are the lives of most of the people I work with. This is why I suggest doing it in a water bottle and everyone still gets great results. Perhaps they'd be "better" if they were alternating...but if it's between getting them combined and not getting them...well, for me anyway, there's a clear winner.
#378 of 1201 Old 09-03-2010, 09:00 PM

Wow, what a wonderful thread. Our family has been using homeopathy with great success for a while but I've never heard about cell salts I'm ordering The Biochemic Hanbook and Bioplasma today!

Joanna WAHM to DS 10/2007
You must be the change you wish to see - Ghandi
#379 of 1201 Old 09-05-2010, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Subbing...

I'm trying cell salts along with K2 for my daughter's bloody noses - she also has some tooth decay so I'm happy to see people have seen results with that as well. Thanks for the thread.

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#380 of 1201 Old 09-07-2010, 12:38 AM

nak--cell salts, where have you been all my life? I need these! subbing...

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#381 of 1201 Old 09-09-2010, 09:21 AM

I'm waiting for the book and Bioplasma, there's one issue I would like to address right away, reading the book will take a while. DS's nose is always stuffed, it's not runny but there's just enough discharge to form some crust inside and there's usually some blood in it too. This disturbs him a lot, he has problem breathing thru his nose, it's worst at night. Should I use ferrum phos in addition to bioplasma?

#382 of 1201 Old 09-09-2010, 11:10 AM

I didn't like the Biochemic Handbook - it was too shallow for my liking. Besides, I like reading the original source - the old literature is enjoyable to read.

Voila, with some of these older books, Google is a great source for freebies:
http://tinyurl.com/22ukj7u

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#383 of 1201 Old 09-09-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanna0707 View Post
I'm waiting for the book and Bioplasma, there's one issue I would like to address right away, reading the book will take a while. DS's nose is always stuffed, it's not runny but there's just enough discharge to form some crust inside and there's usually some blood in it too. This disturbs him a lot, he has problem breathing thru his nose, it's worst at night. Should I use ferrum phos in addition to bioplasma?
Just wanted to re-assure you it will not take long to read this book. It is a small book and I read it in 2 hours.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#384 of 1201 Old 09-09-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post
I didn't like the Biochemic Handbook - it was too shallow for my liking. Besides, I like reading the original source - the old literature is enjoyable to read.

Voila, with some of these older books, Google is a great source for freebies:
http://tinyurl.com/22ukj7u

I agree, but the biochemic handbook is a good place to start for very little money. I have the book you linked to, and while it's exhaustive (to say the least!) it's not overly easy to use. Mine is battered and bruised at this point, and while it was an essential work for me, the average at home mama is not going to enjoy it. It just lacks a certain functionality. Great for theory and awesome if you like the old lit though.

I used to recommend it, until pretty much everyone without exception told me how much they detested it. LOL. Most people really like the biochemic handbook. (and yes, it's not long!)
#385 of 1201 Old 09-10-2010, 12:42 AM

Bluets, thank you for the link. I did look up cattahr in this book but I'm still confused, it seems that Calcarea Phosph. will be best suited for my son. I thought this was going to be easy with only 12 remedies to choose from. I think I'll wait for the Biochemic Handbook, maybe comparing both will help me choose the right remedy. Is it possible that Bioplasma on its own will help resolve my sons chronicly stuffed nose?

#386 of 1201 Old 09-10-2010, 11:11 PM

Newbie here! I just found this discussion and started reading through the posts last night. So many! That is awesome!

I have a 6yo son that was diagnosed with Chronic Lyme Disease and Celiac Disease in June. Can you give me a place to start with Cell Salt therapy?

Thanks in advance!
#387 of 1201 Old 09-17-2010, 04:09 AM

I stopped getting notices for this thread.
I'm ordering Hyland's Bioplasma through iherb.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#388 of 1201 Old 09-17-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by einalems View Post
Newbie here! I just found this discussion and started reading through the posts last night. So many! That is awesome!

I have a 6yo son that was diagnosed with Chronic Lyme Disease and Celiac Disease in June. Can you give me a place to start with Cell Salt therapy?

Thanks in advance!
JR, I stopped as well. Weird.

einalems, it kind of depends on where he is and what symptoms he currently has. Bioplasma for sure. The rest depends on if there's pain, exhaustion, fevers, allergies etc. For repair after celiac I tend to like calc phos and silica.
#389 of 1201 Old 10-19-2010, 11:37 AM

I have a new reaction: sudden oversupply that turns the nurslings into whiny milkaholics that are never satisfied. I *think* I've tied it down to lactose - I'm not totally confident, but it showed up with the cell salts, and again when trialing dairy. I don't think it's the casein (can't be sure) cause I'm fine with butter (pasteurized, cultured) and raw goat/cow kefir, but storebought pasteurized yogurt seemed to bring it on.

So first, wth? And second, now what?

#390 of 1201 Old 10-19-2010, 12:10 PM

so will you do cell salts that are lactose free?

I am seeing more and more people unable to tolerate the lactose in them.

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page