Tell me about cell salts. - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-04-2010, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I see the Bioplasma Cell salts (the multi) comes in 6x, 12x and 30x. I didn't think they were dosed this way. Which do I get for daily use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2010, 05:02 PM

I'd always start with 6X.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:08 PM

Ok good to know. They have these at my local health food store. I am heading there today!
Old 11-06-2010, 10:08 PM

Any energy medicine I can use to detox myself from a sals/amines reaction? Baby girl is miserable from my reaction. I used cham 200c on her multiple frequent times on thurs night and it worked very well. Today nothing is working (I feel hesitant giving her such frequent high doses of cham or arnica that pendulum is telling me to do.

I want to go after my reaction to help calm her and I thought cell salts but felt stuck. I did use merc c (or v?) two days ago for my own reactions but can't remember if it helped.

When can you give a baby cell salts or FEs. I've been putting FEs on her feet.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:13 AM

oh mama! you can certainly do flowers and cell salts...at that age I'd do them externally. Poor pumpkin. you can try nat phos for you and alternate it with calc phos. You may even want to test yourself for silica as well.

As far as the high doses....there are many schools of thought on that. If it works and the person burns through it I'm okay giving it again. If you are unsure if it's working, I'd skip it.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:29 PM

I just read through alot of this thread and very interested in cell salts now.   Panserbjorne - I think you are an absolutely remarkable person for helping everyone!  I am going to start both my children on bioplasma daily. I also plan on getting the biochemic handbook and keeping some individual cell salts on hand (especially for ds's asthma attacks)

I have a quick question before I start - we see a homeopathic doctor and they both have constitutional remedies which are given every so often.  Can I do both?  I wasn't sure if they would interact with each other.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:05 PM

unfortunately that kind of depends on the practitioner.  I don't think it's a problem at all.  I love having my folks on cell salts along with remedies.  Not everyone feels that way.  The truth of the matter is that homeopaths aren't trained to work with cell salts.  We have to know what they are, how they act and indications for each.  It's a unit or two, generally no more.  I think (personally) that the biggest issue is that most don't really know enough about them to use them.  I happen to have a passion for them and have studied them for years independently.

They work on a very different level and on a different premise altogether from homeopathy.  They are not based on the law of similars.  For me, flower and salts support the remedy.  Buuuuuut, you should probably ask your practitioner what they think.

For asthma there is also a combination available if you didn't want to purchase the remedies separately.  If you have all twelve you can make any of the 30 or so combos, but when you're just starting out it's sometimes easier to do combos instead.  Just a head's up!

Old 11-13-2010, 05:59 PM

Have you found success with cell salts and asthma?  Is there a combo remedy specifically for asthma that I can buy or can I just start with bioplasma?   While I think the classic homeopathy has been helpful, my ds is still having asthma attacks when he has a cold.  I would ask my homeopath but to be honest, that means an office visit and the $$ is just really tight right now with Christmas and all.   Thanks so much for your help.  You are so wise:)

Old 11-13-2010, 06:08 PM

Nak we've had great success with salts and asthma. I would need to check which salt it was but baby is on me now. You might need a different salt though. Ours was god when we were in damp places. DS would get significant attack after swimming or being at the beach all day. One thing to keep in mind is that during anacute attack I had to give them to us fairly frequently and then I would slowly taper down.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:47 PM

My DD has a persistent puzzling cough.  It's a half cough, really and she says she has a tickle in her throat.  It happened last winter too.  It makes me think she might have some kind of asthma-like thing.  Would cell salts help something like that?  "Or are you talking about using cell salts in an acute situation for asthma?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Old 11-13-2010, 08:29 PM

I've used it for Sam in an acute situation - any worse and we were going to the er.

That said, Max has had a persistent cough for about 6 weeks - tickly sort of thing but with a very full sounding nose and swollen sounding throat. At one point the cough was sounding constricted and dry. The length of it was concerning. About 4 days ago I decided to shake things up to see if I could move it forward. Cell salts have been my major modality for a while And then I moved to homeopathy. I lost some steam yesterday and could here he was getting worse, so I've increased everything agsun.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlight mom View Post

Have you found success with cell salts and asthma?  Is there a combo remedy specifically for asthma that I can buy or can I just start with bioplasma?   While I think the classic homeopathy has been helpful, my ds is still having asthma attacks when he has a cold.  I would ask my homeopath but to be honest, that means an office visit and the $$ is just really tight right now with Christmas and all.   Thanks so much for your help.  You are so wise:)

immensely.  in both acute and chronic situations.  I have an asthma combo that I use which is awesome (it's the standard combo around the world), but the single salt is usually nat sulph that saves the day.  That's what I use in acute situations more often than not.  But the combo I've given to many folks and they report that it keeps them off the inhaler.  I'd never suggest NOT using an inhaler if it's needed, but the reports I'm getting is that if they're taking the salts they don't need it.  And one just called a few days ago because she had run out and was back on her inhaler.  She picked them up and all is apparently well again-no more *need* for an inhaler.  So yes.  They are awesome.  Just keep up with your medical regimen as needed.

I had another case where the person has pretty bad asthma and she came down with bronchitis.  Things were not good and she called saying she was likely going to a walk in clinic.  I gave her the salts along with the remedy indicated for the bronchitis to take on the way and it changed everything.  She told me she didn't end up having to go.

I work with quite a few people that have asthma, and homeopathy does a great job.  However in acute flares it's *usually* the cell salts that have the most impact.

and, thank you for the compliment-lol.  I don't know how wise I am, but I certainly love cell salts. 

Old 11-14-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post

My DD has a persistent puzzling cough.  It's a half cough, really and she says she has a tickle in her throat.  It happened last winter too.  It makes me think she might have some kind of asthma-like thing.  Would cell salts help something like that?  "Or are you talking about using cell salts in an acute situation for asthma?

I think it would.  It may be an allergy too...this is a moldy time of year.  either way nat sulph does a great job for ailments (especially breathing) that are exacerbated by wetness-and mold falls into that category.   Nat phos does a great job with postnasal drip as does calc fluor, kali sulph (also great for bowel stuff), so you'd have to look at those as well. 

Also for allergy type stuff nat phos is supportive to the liver in terms of breaking things down, but nat sulph is what helps us excrete the junk.  You can see for allergies how these two are a powerhouse.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWithin View Post

One thing to keep in mind is that during anacute attack I had to give them to us fairly frequently and then I would slowly taper down.

such an important point.  in acute phases I sometimes give them continuously if needed.  I threw my back out doing something silly last week and I poured the salts I needed into a dixie cup and just kept munching on them.  They by themselves helped 70% at least.  I know because I have momentary lapses in judgment and stopped taking them.  Ouch.  Back on them it was amazing and I kept up for three days until I got an adjustment.  Then I switched to calc fluor so the adjustment would hold.  That I only took 4-6 times a day for 3 days (in stark contrast to eating the salts all day!)

You rarely need it to be that intense, but the pain was really quite bad.  An asthma attack would likely warrant a similar approach.  Frequent dosing to keep things under control.  And for FireWithin, knowing what she does she can now dose with the salt before going to the beach and for a few days after to minimize any aggravation.  Awesome stuff.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:24 AM

Thank you again for all the advice.  I think the bioplasma is already helping.  I'm going to get the nat sulph right away and also ordered the biochemic handbook.  My daughter could use help too, she gets congested for the entire winter, snores loudly and I have been told she should have her adenoids out by an ENT.  I haven't done that because she isn't even 2 years old yet.  I'm hoping to find some remedies for her as well.

Thanks again!!

Old 11-15-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

They each serve different purposes. Calc fluor helps with decay in the enamel. IT is also wonderful for sensitive teeth. While calc fluor is for the enamel, calc phos is for the inner structure of the tooth. It's also a salt that helps with assimilation of nutrients and delayed or painful dentition. All of the phosphates have a distinct action on the nervous system.

Silica is basically a salt that supports all of the metabolic processes. It's not specific to teeth, but it's specific to assimilation of nutrients and expulsion of toxins that may prevent assimilation of nutrient. I find it's useful to give if there is delayed dentition as an all around support.

Was reading back on the older posts and found this.  I'm wondering if this would be good for my mom. She has had shooting pain in one of her teeth.  The pain comes in the middle of the night.

She ended up getting a root canal but it has not solved the problem.  The dentist did not see anything wrong w the tooth but thought that was what was wrong.  She is at her wits end she is fine all day and then gets the pain when she is resting.  Would calc phos be helpful ? How often would she take it since the pain is so sporadic. 

Also, I have been looking for something to help my sensitive teeth.  So if I use the calc fluor and the calc phos could I take the Bioplasma along with it?  I just bought the Bioplasma on saturday

and thought it would help DS and myself who are fighting colds at the moment.  Or would you use one or the other?

Old 11-15-2010, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by es1967 View Post

Was reading back on the older posts and found this.  I'm wondering if this would be good for my mom. She has had shooting pain in one of her teeth.  The pain comes in the middle of the night.

She ended up getting a root canal but it has not solved the problem.  The dentist did not see anything wrong w the tooth but thought that was what was wrong.  She is at her wits end she is fine all day and then gets the pain when she is resting.  Would calc phos be helpful ? How often would she take it since the pain is so sporadic. 

Also, I have been looking for something to help my sensitive teeth.  So if I use the calc fluor and the calc phos could I take the Bioplasma along with it?  I just bought the Bioplasma on saturday

and thought it would help DS and myself who are fighting colds at the moment.  Or would you use one or the other?

for your mother, she should consider some cranial work of some kind - cranial osteopathy or CST.  root canals can have a big impact on hidden small bones of the skull and that can cause pain. however, if it is causing pain, there's a bigger chance that it is infected (or becoming infected), in which case i wouldn't use homeopathy - i'd be using oil of oregano (the expensive wildcrafted kind) and/or sage (chew on plain ol' sage leaves).

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

Old 11-15-2010, 07:57 PM

for the pain I'd do the phophates.  mag phos and kali phos would be the biggies, but in case of an inflammatory condition with a nerve then ferrum phos would help as well.  So, I'd just do the phosphates to keep it simple unless she's willing to just get those three and mix (which I think would be a bit more effective.)  for sensitive teeth then I'd certainly do the calc phos/calc fluor.  I would agree with getting supportive care and CST would be my first choice.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:36 AM

What can I use for runny/stuffy nose, itchy eyes, and scratchy throat?

eta: Lately, I've forgotten to give to my dd and to take the cell salts until like dinner time so then I try to take all at once. So I'll take 16 all at one time if I've forgotten and I'll give 12 to my dd at once. Will it not work right if we do it that way? Its not on purpose  but the day just goes by quick sometimes.

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!
Old 11-16-2010, 03:24 PM

Also wondering if you need to be so careful with cell salts.  Like not eating before or after taking them and making sure you don't touch them.  That is always so hard to do with kids.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:42 PM

nope.  at least I'm not.  you can touch them (I do!)  and I wouldnt' put them in my food, but I don't take pains to take them and have a 15 minute buffer at all.   They're generally in my water which I drink with meals.

You can look at ferrum phos, nat mur and kali mur.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:07 AM

Thanks again!  I always hated doing that with homeopathy.   Someone would always want to eat or do something that is supposed to antidote the remedy.  Is coffee and mints OK too?  That would be great.  I am a coffee drinker:)

Old 11-17-2010, 01:24 PM

Question- I know cell salts are great for healing and preventing cavities. But what about a cavity between the teeth. I just found out I have a cavity between a tooth and I was thinking o

f getting it filld, but was going to hold off because I wanted to give the cell slats a try.  But I wonder if it is even worth t because the cavity is where there isn't as mucg saliva?

Old 11-17-2010, 01:26 PM

Sorry for all the typos,

yikes this forum is hard to get used too

Old 11-17-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post

Question- I know cell salts are great for healing and preventing cavities. But what about a cavity between the teeth. I just found out I have a cavity between a tooth and I was thinking o

f getting it filld, but was going to hold off because I wanted to give the cell slats a try.  But I wonder if it is even worth t because the cavity is where there isn't as mucg saliva?

they should still do a good job, but I'd not advise holding off if you are experiencing pain or discomfort.  Also, it does take a few months to really see a shift, just to prepare you.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:

Also wondering if you need to be so careful with cell salts.  Like not eating before or after taking them and making sure you don't touch them.  That is always so hard to do with kids.

our only concern with kids touching them is that you never what the kids have handled before they're about to pop the tablets into their mouth, so we use little paper cups in the office for dispensing.  at home, i don't worry so much.  (so glad the FDA doesn't make house calls - my kitchen would fail!)

Old 11-17-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:

Thanks again!  I always hated doing that with homeopathy.   Someone would always want to eat or do something that is supposed to antidote the remedy.  Is coffee and mints OK too?  That would be great.  I am a coffee drinker:)

i think it depends on the potency and your physiology.  my preceptor advises against use of mint-y stuff and recommends coffee avoidance, especially when using doses as we would for cell salts.  however, i too am a coffee drinker and i have seen good effects in my own self from cell salts even without avoiding coffee.  i just make sure to space out the coffee and the cell salts, and i don't go inhaling minty stuff either when i'm about to take cell salts.  using more potent homeopathic remedies (in the 200C range), i even had a reaction to a remedy that was supposedly antidoted with coffee.

so.... i think it really depends on one's own physiology, especially what is happening to your physiology when you take the remedy.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post

they should still do a good job, but I'd not advise holding off if you are experiencing pain or discomfort.  Also, it does take a few months to really see a shift, just to prepare you.

I am willing to wait as I didn't even know the cavities were there without a xray. 

I saw great results with my dd's cavities so I know it can work.  It was really fast with her actually, but I believe that children are more open am can heal way faster than adults.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:09 AM

So my children have been on bioplasma for about a week and I am noticing some very positive changes in their health.  They both snored incredibly loud at night and slept poorly and now they are quiet as a mouse.  I really can't believe it.  dd also has a runny nose all winter and she is completely clear.  I haven't wiped her nose in days. 

I decided to keep some other remedies available: ferr phos/kali mur for colds, kali phos for nerves, nat sulph for ds's asthma and mg phos for muscle pain.  Any others that are necessary for the medicine cabinet?

But I was wondering why you can't just use bioplasma for everything since it has all the salts.  Are they stronger by themselves?  Also, do you stop using bioplasma when you are using the individual salts acutely?

Thanks so much!!

Old 11-18-2010, 06:36 AM

because bioplasma is a great tonic...but wont' always address individual deficiencies.  Think of it this way...the cells have a matrix and if they're deficient in calcium phosphate and you just give bioplasma it's equally strengthening everything.  Yes, calc phos gets bolstered, but so does everything else so the disparity still exists.

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List