Tell me about cell salts. - Page 19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#541 of 1201 Old 12-04-2010, 06:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

as i woke myself up early early this morning, whilst grinding my teeth, i was thinking "oh, i should take some calc fluor"  (or maybe it was calc phos? it was hazy early)  so i took both.

ds startd out yesterday feeling off, so i gave him a few cell salts and pulsatilla (his constitutional).  when we picked him up from school, he said he was feeling awful.  got home, gave him gelsemium, a mixture of targeted cell salts, and then let him chew on bioplasma as the urge hit him.  by the time bedtime rolled around, he said he was feeling much better.  he had a few ahem-style coughs during the night.  but now he swears that he's better.  though he has helped himself to 2 doses of bioplasma already.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#542 of 1201 Old 12-04-2010, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

don't you just love it when things just work?

#543 of 1201 Old 12-05-2010, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

this cough is going kali mur, kali sulph, calc sulph.  Sounds like you may just need to move on in the progression.  It's a nasty one, to be sure.  The issue is that people are experiencing such thick, viscous mucus that it's not easy to cough up, so the cough lingers and lingers and lingers.  The people I've had doing salts since the onset have not had many issues at all.  The ones who didn't needed a bit more of a push.

Okay, so I'm out of Kali Mur and did not yet get the Kali sulph or the Calc sulph because last week it seemed my DS"s cough was almost gone.  Then the other day he started

coughing again.  He probably picked up another bug at preschool or this just came back.  So do I start back on Kali Mur and then progress to the others if it does not work?   How

do you know which one to start with?  He has a Christmas show that he is in on Tuesday and I hope he is well enough to go.

It seems the only store that has a good selection of cell salts is WF.  Is the NU AGE brand okay?  I have not heard anyone mention it so I was just wondering.

Thank-you this is an awesome thread.

#544 of 1201 Old 12-05-2010, 09:02 AM

it depends.   they all have different indications.  kali mur is wet, the expectoration is clear or white and the ears feel blocked.  then it went to kali sulph which among other things has yellower discharge, difficulty catching breath, changeable symptoms and irritability and then finished with calc sulph which is yellow, lumpy discharge that is kind of hard and kind of smelly.  Calc sulph also help purify the blood and is great for the very beginning (before symptoms even start-but if others have it) or the very end just to finish things up.  Silica can be too, but with the yellow expectoration calc sulph was a better choice. 

So you just use what's indicated.  But this bug followed a very specific pattern that I could see.  This isn't necessarily what you'll see in all colds/viruses.  If you are going to use the salts your best bet is to a. have them all on hand and b. have a good little book to help point you in the right direction so you can start distinguishing between them.

I don't really know that brand well-other than it seems that people have reported they're fairly pricey.  If you can do lactose I find that www.1800homeopathy.com is a great choice.  $8 for 500 tablets and they're good quality.

#545 of 1201 Old 12-14-2010, 04:48 PM

So, I'm trying to figure out what to do about inflammation / possible abscess (it's actually for my dog, but I think these should work for the dogs too, right?  I'm assuming they will).  I've been putting bioplasma and tonic E in their drinking water for quite a while.

What I know: I see external swelling and the dog is chewing/licking a bit--not constantly, and not whining (so if he's uncomfortable, it's mild) ...  It's at/near his anal gland and we took him in to the vet a couple times for this--at the last visit, they said there wasn't a lot of pus, but we've seen ups and downs in the swelling since then (the vet's office saw him when there was a fair amount of swelling), and today it's going up enough that I want to do something (and the vet wasn't all that helpful before--we are considering another vet). 

So... if I'm not sure how much pus may be in there (I don't see any discharge at all)... do I use silica or kali mur?  It doesn't seem like I should alternate those two (that was my first guess, but I think a wrong one). 

The booklet says ferr phos as a first remedy for pain/heat/threatened pus formation  --- I assume we're past that since there's been low-level swelling for quite a while (vet didn't seem to think this was a concern).

kali phos--if it's antiseptic in action, seems like it should be helping, but he's been getting a bit in the bioplasma and tonic E for quite a while now -- so I assume this isn't the solution now.

Any thoughts?  I started with silica but I am going to switch to kali mur.  But I am not at all confident that's the right thing to try. 

ETA: and dangit!  somehow I used almost a whole bottle of kali mur, and I've only got a few tablets left.  I am going to give him what's left and re-order--wish I'd checked how much was left in the bottle when I just recently made an order.  Dang.  Ooh... but there was something else I wanted from them.  Maybe it'll work out nicely after all.

#546 of 1201 Old 12-14-2010, 07:33 PM

i tend to mix them :) and i'd probably pick and choose a few more.  it's kind of an intuitive thing that i can't explain...

but... instead of giving the animal the pellets, just plunk them into the water bowl (unless you've got more than 1 animal drinking from that bowl).  remember, cell salts are energetic as well, so you don't have to chew on the tablets.  the instructions are specified as 4 tablets, 3 times per day (or whatever)  *cough* to sell more tablets *cough*.

#547 of 1201 Old 12-14-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post

i tend to mix them :) and i'd probably pick and choose a few more.  it's kind of an intuitive thing that i can't explain...

but... instead of giving the animal the pellets, just plunk them into the water bowl (unless you've got more than 1 animal drinking from that bowl).  remember, cell salts are energetic as well, so you don't have to chew on the tablets.  the instructions are specified as 4 tablets, 3 times per day (or whatever)  *cough* to sell more tablets *cough*.

lol at the bold....

I cut the part about this being the younger of the 2 dogs (but he's still 11, so not a spring chicken).  So I was figuring extra directly to him and continue the usual in the common water bowl. 

I will crack open the booklet and see if I can intuit a few.  I tried that once, a couple months back when I had some really weird pains, it was hard to tell but I think I twigged to something that helped (pains went away, I mean, and I *think* the cell salts were the cause), be nice if I could do the same for Shadow. 

#548 of 1201 Old 12-14-2010, 07:48 PM

i have the little travel kit from Luyties - the one that comes in a handy dandy travel case, with a card.  and it's the card that i look at when i'm deciding which salts to use.  it's a little bit using my brain and a little bit intuiting.  but it seems to mostly work.

#549 of 1201 Old 12-15-2010, 06:11 AM

Can someone please help me with my dd?  She has lingering cogestion from her last cold.  I did ferr phos/kali mur at the beginning of the cold and have been using calc sulph over the past 2 days but her cogestion only seems to be getting worse.  It is thick yellow in the morning then clear by the end of the day.  It is much worse at night and causing her to wake frequently.  Any thoughts?

#550 of 1201 Old 12-15-2010, 06:34 AM

Jumping in here - great thread. I need to read all of it!

Anyone know what cell salts may be helpful during and after a miscarriage?

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#551 of 1201 Old 12-15-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post

ah, I do not agree.  I have seen significant differences when doses are lowered.  I do agree about putting them in water though.  I would encourage everyone on this thread to try it out and see if they see a difference (sensitive people can sometimes get by with much less) but when I'm working with people I definitely use larger amounts based on my clinical experience.

Remedies are a whole 'nother story.  For those, one pellet max.  The difference here is that the lower the potency when you get into material doses the more the amount seems to matter.  I have a combo that I adore and I tried dispensing it.  Didn't work for squat.  Then I gave the same people the stock bottle and it worked like a charm.  For me I do draw a line between energetic and material potency-but I'm certainly not saying that I'm right.  In my practice I use larger amounts of low potency remedies.  Again, everyone *should* experiment to find their lowest possible dose!

#552 of 1201 Old 12-15-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlight mom View Post

Can someone please help me with my dd?  She has lingering cogestion from her last cold.  I did ferr phos/kali mur at the beginning of the cold and have been using calc sulph over the past 2 days but her cogestion only seems to be getting worse.  It is thick yellow in the morning then clear by the end of the day.  It is much worse at night and causing her to wake frequently.  Any thoughts?

I'd be looking at kali sulph.

#553 of 1201 Old 12-15-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post

I'd generally (without knowing specifics about how far into the term a person was and what their history is) say five phos to start to keep it simple.  I'd consider silica as well, if there were indications.

#554 of 1201 Old 12-15-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:

my dd won't take it in water - she is too unpredictable and many times will dump it out.  will 2 tablets of 6X on the tongue work too?

#555 of 1201 Old 12-15-2010, 12:49 PM

absolutely

#556 of 1201 Old 12-15-2010, 12:53 PM

I've been following this thread and trying to read the whole thing in my free time.  I'm curious if any of the thread experts think cell salts would help with my DD's problems.  She is severely gluten-intolerant.  We are currently waiting on a genetic test to help us decide is she has celiac.  So therefore she needs a lot of gut healing.  When she has gluten she breaks out in a horrible blistery rash.  When it was a regular part of her diet, the rash wasn't there, but she had a chronically bloated belly and stopped gaining weight (maybe 1 lbs. in 6-9 months) as well as it really changing her demeanor (lots of tantrums, meltdowns, etc.). 

Right now I have her taking bioplasma (just started this a month ago).  Her mood seems better, but she is still having horrible reactions even to cross-contamination.  Any thoughts?

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#557 of 1201 Old 12-15-2010, 12:57 PM

I would most definitely keep it up.  My husband, daughter and I have all been diagnosed with celiac disease.  Dd was FTT until she was diagnosed at 15 months.  (She's 6.5 now.)  Salts were instrumental in her healing.  I focused on calc phos and calc fluor and gave bioplasma regularly.  The calc fluor was/is because she also has a connective tissue disorder.  Calc phos is for faulty digestion.  HTH.

#558 of 1201 Old 12-15-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:

I would most definitely keep it up.  My husband, daughter and I have all been diagnosed with celiac disease.  Dd was FTT until she was diagnosed at 15 months.  (She's 6.5 now.)  Salts were instrumental in her healing.  I focused on calc phos and calc fluor and gave bioplasma regularly.  The calc fluor was/is because she also has a connective tissue disorder.  Calc phos is for faulty digestion.  HTH.

Thank you!  I'll pick up some calc phos.  My DD was almost FTT.  She was 19 lbs. at 18 months after being 18 lbs. at 9 months.  We introduced gluten and other grains when she was 10-11 months old.  We took them out around 20 months old.  Now at 27 months she weighs over 25 lbs. 

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#559 of 1201 Old 12-15-2010, 10:04 PM

I'm here with a whine/question. I'm betting/hoping there is a reason for my issue.

I am taking Calc Fluor for chiropractic issues. Started about 6 weeks ago with acute dosing; now I take it about once a day. Twice a day on days I'm adjusted, which is now weekly. I think it has helped me make chiropractic progress from significant, acute pain to almost a maintenance-level of adjustment.

Two weeks ago, my jaw was kind of cracking and my teeth knocked together, chipping a bit of tooth off my front tooth. Lots of grit in my mouth. It's a place that has been chipped and repaired before (thanks, James Coisman, 2nd grade sledder who crashed into me). Tonight, there is more grit coming off of that place.

I thought Calc Fluor would be GOOD for teeth, and make them harder. Why the apparent sudden weakness?

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

#560 of 1201 Old 12-16-2010, 10:55 AM

You are the best - thanks so much for the help!!

Quote:

Quote:

#561 of 1201 Old 12-16-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post

I'd generally (without knowing specifics about how far into the term a person was and what their history is) say five phos to start to keep it simple.  I'd consider silica as well, if there were indications.

I miscarried at 7 weeks just earlier this week. It passed on it's own and I needed no medications or interventions. Im still bleeding. I take bioplasma anyway, but wonder what else to take. you said five phos? and maybe silica?

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#562 of 1201 Old 12-16-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:

Would 1 stick to the general 4 tabs 3x/day for a condition like celiac or gluten intolerance (for the calc phos) also how do you know how long to do the salts for at that dose? As there is improvement, do you give less or less often?

#563 of 1201 Old 12-16-2010, 09:20 PM

Wow. I read this entire thread. I am greatly intrigued by cell salts now. love.gif

_ktg_ likes this.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#564 of 1201 Old 12-17-2010, 05:25 PM

Just a quick question about dosing - if you want to give three different remedies - kali sulph, calc phos and bioplasma - can you give them together?  the book I have says to alternate remedies but it is really hard to remember to give them all by the end of the day. 

#565 of 1201 Old 12-18-2010, 05:10 AM

nah.  it can boost the action of the salts to alternate them, but I have just about always simply combined them.  they still work beautifully.

#566 of 1201 Old 12-18-2010, 07:24 PM

Can anyone tell me about Kali bich?  I was on the 1800 homeopathy website just poking around and I came across kali bich.  I seems like it fits my issues with mucus (lingering for weeks after a sinus flare-up), but I haven't heard of it before.

Thanks!

#567 of 1201 Old 12-19-2010, 08:27 AM

I'll be back, but you may want to pose the question in the homeopathy thread.  You'll likely get more responses there as it's a remedy, not a salt. 

#568 of 1201 Old 12-22-2010, 10:34 AM

Wonderful Thread!

Thank you so much for all the wisdom, and Panserbjorne, your posts are invaluable! Many thanks.

Me and the kids are now taking the bio Xll, and for holiday treats: Nat Sulph, and Nat Phos.

Fer. Phos. just helped immensely with a deep cut I got in my hand and had stiches for.

If anyone is looking for a cell salts book, I just wanted to recommend Minimum Price Homeopathy books in Canada.

Jessica wool.gif  DS 7  DD 4 homeschool.gif
#569 of 1201 Old 12-22-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama1803 View Post

Can anyone tell me about Kali bich?  I was on the 1800 homeopathy website just poking around and I came across kali bich.  I seems like it fits my issues with mucus (lingering for weeks after a sinus flare-up), but I haven't heard of it before.

Thanks!

hey there-don't know if you ended up getting an answer?  Kali bich is well known for sinus issues, but it's pretty late stage.  I'd say the sinus progression is often kali mur, kali sulph and then kali bich and you hope you don't make it to kali bich (which is pretty painful!)  But when it's called for, it's magical.  Depending on what your symptoms are it might be worth a try-it's a pretty common remedy so you should be able to get it. 

The way I'd look at it is that if you often need to take kali bich (*cough*dh*cough*) you are likely to need to take the kali's as salts to create a stronger foundation.  AND if you start getting sick and hit the kali's right away then you should not have to progress to kali bich.

#570 of 1201 Old 12-23-2010, 08:06 AM

Panserbjorne, what would you recommend for my dd? she has a lingering cough, and nasal congestion - despite her homeopath's constitutional remedy?  She has seemed to have a cold on and off all fall (she gets some other supps. too, like vit. A and D, and cal mag. but can't get any chewable type vits in her.   she hates them!

Also, my ds has subtle allergy issues, which I can't seem to figure out, even with a Vega test, and our on going avoidance of dairy, gluten, citrus, and his other sensitive foods, like rice, nuts etc. He has to eat fairly low carb.

He too receives homeopathic treatment, but, his homeopath is telling me his constitution is strong right now (he got over a cold quickly), and just to feed him foods, not to be restricted.  But I know! that broadening foods doesn't work, he worsens. She also says that bowel movements every second day can be normal for some, and it just seems to be the way his body works.  I don't feel this is right, however.

These are his on going symptoms: 

-swollen, bags under his eyes

-constipated since he was 1 yr.:  goes every other day (even if I try high doses of vit. c and mag., prunes, milk thistle/liver support, digestive enzymes, and any brand of acidopholous - I've tried them all! plus I make kefir water and kombucha.)

-stuffy nose

What tissue salts would be best for him?

I've read through the whole thread, and I don't think I saw food sensitivities come up anywhere.  I'm at my wit's end after *years* of trying to figure this out.  Your help is much appreciated!

Jessica wool.gif  DS 7  DD 4 homeschool.gif

Tags
Health Healing

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page