Tell me about cell salts. - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#601 of 1201 Old 01-07-2011, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I finished my book this morning and have some general questions:

As a mom, do you start with yourself first or your family members? (The ol' oxygen mask first in the airplane scenario comes to mind.) In my family's case, I am in the worst health (but not terrible). Next is DH. DD (age 9) is basically always healthy and when she does come down with something, it is over and done with zero complications and in short order. She does have a couple minor things she could pinpoint while reading the book over my shoulder (eye issues, dry skin).

Do you start with the most current, most severe symptoms first? In my case, I have still not recovered from the fever, body aches, and cough I had back in December (week before Christmas). Once the fever was gone (4.5 days @ 101-102), it never came back, but the rest of the symptoms are still plaguing me and my energy level is quite low. I'm tempted to start here because then perhaps my energy level will rise and I will feel like I can tackle more things. In DH's case, he had a milder case (no fever) and he still has low energy and some mild hand shaking. Interestingly, DD had the fever and cough like I had (no body aches, though) and she is fully recovered with just basic food and supplements we eat/take ordinarily.

Or do you start with the symptoms you've had the longest that are bugging you the most? I was wondering if I go for the most ongoing issues for each of us first maybe that would clear up other stuff along the way? For me, that is water retention related to lymphatic system issues. For DH, that is yellow, sticky discharge from his pores (upper body) along with sticky dandruff (not dry flakes).

Thanks for any insight!

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#602 of 1201 Old 01-08-2011, 12:59 PM

sunny - I work on the most acute things, while bolstering the basics.  Thus, acute stuff, plus bioplasma and 5 phosphates for me.  I've worked on these for the boys and myself at the same time. I tend to make a plan for all of us at one time.

curious what others would say

I'm making an updated plan for the kids and myself.  My family doc would like the boys off of 5-htp and GABBA.  that said when I reported to him what happened when I slowly pulled it, he said for me to go back to my original plan and he was impressed with what I could do.  I understand his original concerns though, so I want to support them more with cell salts and FEs.

When DS1 is off of 5-htp this is what happens:

he is depressed and anxious

it is really hard for him to bounce back from an upset

transitions are much harder, especially transitioning to sleep

he gets ocd about poking/pinching his brother's cheeks and that need started to progress into his newborn sister's

he started sucking his thumb for comfort

When DS2 goes off GABA

his natural stubbornness gets worse

he withholds using the bathroom and runs in circles to ignore his feelings

he refuses to eat many things (he never eats veggies)

the audio center of his brain gets haywire so he has a hard time hearing, he gets loud and screachy and eventually he becomes even less clear

DS2 struggles with some of the 5-htp removal symptoms, while DS1 does the same when off GABA

I was thinking of giving both the 5 phosphates, bioplasma and calc fluor (for teeth support)

I was thinking of continuing with the 5 phosphates, bioplasma and calc fluor (my teeth are hurting me)

will 5 phosphates help me with anemic issues?

for baby girl:

she is reacting to a lot and is now sleeping poorly - I'm exhausted

calc phos - for wanting to nurse all the time and vomiting easily

nat phos - for colic

kali mur - (maybe use acutely??) would this help for restless sleep?? she goes to sleep but wakes up really easily - only when food reacting, which she is clearly doing, she has ezcema all over her legs (I think she is reacting to my sals)

silica - my family doc recommends that I use silica cells salts rather than silica homeopathic 30c remedy for her daily - what is the difference?  I don't do everything he says.  I want to understand how I would use them differently.

My next step is to focus on Australian Bush FEs.  I will write that up on a FE thread which I will link. 

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#603 of 1201 Old 01-08-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWithin View Post

sunny - I work on the most acute things, while bolstering the basics.  Thus, acute stuff, plus bioplasma and 5 phosphates for me.  I've worked on these for the boys and myself at the same time. I tend to make a plan for all of us at one time.

I'm making an updated plan for the kids and myself.  My family doc would like the boys off of 5-htp and GABBA.  that said when I reported to him what happened when I slowly pulled it, he said for me to go back to my original plan and he was impressed with what I could do.  I understand his original concerns though, so I want to support them more with cell salts and FEs.

he gets ocd about poking/pinching his brother's cheeks and that need started to progress into his newborn sister's

When DS2 goes off GABA

the audio center of his brain gets haywire so he has a hard time hearing, he gets loud and screachy and eventually he becomes even less clear

DS2 struggles with some of the 5-htp removal symptoms, while DS1 does the same when off GABA

I was thinking of giving both the 5 phosphates, bioplasma and calc fluor (for teeth support)

I was thinking of continuing with the 5 phosphates, bioplasma and calc fluor (my teeth are hurting me)

alternating calc phos and ferrum phos is the best bet for anemia, so yes.  Five phos can be a great help.

for baby girl:

nat phos - for colic

kali mur - (maybe use acutely??) would this help for restless sleep?? she goes to sleep but wakes up really easily - only when food reacting, which she is clearly doing, she has ezcema all over her legs (I think she is reacting to my sals)

I'd do kali phos for sleeping issues.  look at calc, kali and nat sulph for eczema.

silica - my family doc recommends that I use silica cells salts rather than silica homeopathic 30c remedy for her daily - what is the difference?  I don't do everything he says.  I want to understand how I would use them differently.

the salt is more foundational, more broad spectrum and more slow acting.  It's also physiological as opposed to energetic.  All remedies can have a physiological impact as part of the shift, but these are actually aiming to shift the physiology.  I'd also guess it's because if you don't have a good match a lower potency may give the benefits without the risks.  That's how many think anyway.

My next step is to focus on Australian Bush FEs.  I will write that up on a FE thread which I will link. 

I love love love the bush flowers.  they are probably the most powerful (though I hesitate to use that word) of the flowers.  They are brilliant and I've seen some pretty awesome things with them.  I'd love to see what you come up with.

As far as the PP, my best advice is to start with what's right in front of you.  With salts it can be easiest to start with the issue that's the most glaring.  In your example I'd start with you.  Dh also seems pretty clear, so I'd play with that too. 

#604 of 1201 Old 01-08-2011, 02:50 PM

Thank you both! I appreciate the input.

Firewithin - Normally, I am a "make a plan" type of girl and would research all three of us at once and just dive right in. I'm definitely more of a try it first and ask questions later person when I feel the risk is pretty low (which I feel is the case with cell salts). However, this darn energy level issue is zapping all my spark and go-get-'em and pro-activeness... greensad.gif

Panserborne - I guess that answers that question, huh? blush.gif I really don't feel like I have the energy to research a bunch of issues right now, so I will re-read my book and the 1800homeopathy site and JUST focus on my energy issues. Once I get that figured out, then the rest will probably fall into place. My first time through, I had my DD reading alongside me (one distraction) and my own thoughts were greatly scattered thinking of EVERY ailment any of us has ever had. Sheepish.gif

I had mild asthma in my 20s (illness-induced), which I managed to get under control to the point of not needing any meds any longer (by getting healthier in general). Until the big fires here in 2003 and 2007 (my 30s), I didn't have any symptoms nor take any asthma meds. In 2003, I had to call in an emergency inhaler prescription and we were staying in a place away from the heavy flames/smoke. I was just unable to breathe correctly and the city was in complete chaos (no time to contact an alternative healer nor investigate other options; the pharmacy and doctor's office were rather lenient at that time). In 2007, I only needed a few puffs of an inhaler and mostly just laid around with zero energy until the air cleared. My DD was out of school for a week due to the air quality and thank goodness because I was completely unable to walk her to/from school (half-mile each way). Well, I feel pretty much just like that right now, except we haven't had any smoke or fires, but I was sick and it involved a cough. During my first reading of the cell salt book, I "saw" anemia because I had those issues when I was in my late teens and that also causes very low energy. Just last night, though, when I was massaging a homemade salve into my chest and upper back (which gives quite a bit of relief for the cough and tightness), I thought about the fires and my breathing challenges.

So, I am about to order the set of salts and figure out a plan for asthma-related low energy. When I am feeling better, I won't feel so overwhelmed and I can get DH back to "normal". Then, I can make a family plan and go forward. Thanks Ladies! I appreciate the feedback. smile.gif

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#605 of 1201 Old 01-08-2011, 05:40 PM

brought back the FE thread

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1030396/flower-essences-support-thread/40#post_16171466

sunny - actually I agree with Panser on how to approach this.

I think my approach is now different, now that I am a few steps into learning about cell salts.  I was exactly where you are not too long ago.  When I had the mental energy and desire to really delve into them, I read through the book and took notes on each salt.  Each page had its own notes.  i just wrote down the main strengths of the salt, and anything that I felt was pertinent to my family. 

So now, when I am ready to revamp my approach and have the physical and mental time, I flip through my notebook, brainstorming what I see that fits and writing down different ideas for each family member.  It works for me where I am at. 

I still have a long way to go though.  I don't have a deep understanding of them though.

#606 of 1201 Old 01-08-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWithin View Post

When DS2 goes off GABA

alternating calc phos and ferrum phos is the best bet for anemia, so yes.  Five phos can be a great help.

great, have been on 5 phos for a while.  I think I am seeing an improvement in my emotional health - beyond what 5-htp is doing for me  Pendulum has had me on sepia 200c for a while.

for baby girl:

nat phos - for colic

I'd do kali phos for sleeping issues.  look at calc, kali and nat sulph for eczema.

thanks

the salt is more foundational, more broad spectrum and more slow acting.  It's also physiological as opposed to energetic.  All remedies can have a physiological impact as part of the shift, but these are actually aiming to shift the physiology.  I'd also guess it's because if you don't have a good match a lower potency may give the benefits without the risks.  That's how many think anyway.

you know - sometimes it is so tricky to butt (but??)  heads with a md.  Building a relationship with him has been difficult.  He is a homeopath, grew up with a pendulum, but he rarely talks to me about homeopathy and never guides me  (wondering if he is trying not to step on my homeopath's toes).  He just sometimes confirms what i am doing.  He was shocked that I had already picked out a remedy for my 9 week old and asked me what I was seeing to do so. he is a bit freaked out by my biochemic approach.  This is a long winded way to say that I think he recommended the silica cell salt because he doesn't know me well, and hasn't taken the case himself, so he wants the situation to be safe. 

thanks for the clarifying.  I mostly understood the difference, but when he recommended me to switch, I started to doubt myself.

I love love love the bush flowers.  they are probably the most powerful (though I hesitate to use that word) of the flowers.  They are brilliant and I've seen some pretty awesome things with them.  I'd love to see what you come up with.

brought back the old FE thread ; )

As far as the PP, my best advice is to start with what's right in front of you.  With salts it can be easiest to start with the issue that's the most glaring.  In your example I'd start with you.  Dh also seems pretty clear, so I'd play with that too. 

thanks so much for your insight.

#607 of 1201 Old 01-08-2011, 06:07 PM

I ordered the Biochemic book, 11 cell salts (already have ferrum phos from local hfs), and bioplasma (have just a tiny bit left from local hfs) from 1800homeopathy. Took me forever to decide if I also wanted to get one of several "asthma" combinations. Ultimately, I decided not to, and to just work with the individual cell salts. Now I wait.... I wonder how long it will take... smile.gif

#608 of 1201 Old 01-08-2011, 07:28 PM

single salts are more fun anyway AND you can make any of the combos with them....so you're in the right place!  For energy the standard is calc phos or kali phos, but I'd just stick with the biochemic phosphates until you can get your skills more honed.  Bioplasma would also be a reasonable place to start. This will just recalibrate things and then you'll have a better idea on how to proceed....my two cents anyway.

#609 of 1201 Old 01-08-2011, 08:33 PM

Hi sorry if I missed this upthread, but I see that there are two Biochemic Handbooks, one by Schuessler and one by Chapman and Perry. Could someone on this thread direct me to which book would be most practical for a newb to implement? Thanks!

Happy and in love with my family!
#610 of 1201 Old 01-09-2011, 11:12 AM

I am interested in a good book recommendation too, but for a book that is written in the common vernacular.  I can not 'translate' our issues from that which was written in the 1880s.  Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft_media_hero View Post

Hi sorry if I missed this upthread, but I see that there are two Biochemic Handbooks, one by Schuessler and one by Chapman and Perry. Could someone on this thread direct me to which book would be most practical for a newb to implement? Thanks!

Jessica wool.gif  DS 7  DD 4 homeschool.gif
#611 of 1201 Old 01-09-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi! View Post

I am interested in a good book recommendation too, but for a book that is written in the common vernacular.  I can not 'translate' our issues from that which was written in the 1880s.  Any ideas?

I'm working off my phone, so I will link later...but I did list a few earlier in the thread. You may find them before I can.
#612 of 1201 Old 01-09-2011, 12:35 PM

This is one of the ones Panser recommended in this thread:

Homeopathic Cell Salt Remedies by Lennon and Rolfe (I got it through Amazon.)

She also recommended the Biochemic book that is on 1800homeopathy.com. I find it through the cell salts link on the left-hand side.

Hope that helps!

#613 of 1201 Old 01-09-2011, 01:55 PM

Gosh I've been slacking with cell salts lately! Just caught up with the thread :) So much great info I've been missing glad this thread is still going strong!!!!!!

#614 of 1201 Old 01-09-2011, 04:40 PM

okay, in addition to those that sunnysandiegan posted, David Card's book is very basic, practical and modern.  Not the facial analysis one-though that's okay.  It's not going to help too much when you have a sick kid.  As a practitioner I don't even love it.

Another that is decent is Skye Weintraub's

For basic those are the four I'd suggest.  Moving beyond that there are others, but they're going to have that archaic language to them as well. 

#615 of 1201 Old 01-09-2011, 05:13 PM

Okay, thanks for that.

One more question, what is the difference between the cell salt preparations available for sale versus just umm eating silica or calcium carbonate or the like? Soooo, if I have some silica laying around (we use it for pottery and ditto w/ some of the other salts), can we just eat minute amounts of that? Or is there smth in the commercial preparations that makes it easier for your body to assimilate?

Thanks, and sorry if I'm way off base . . .

#616 of 1201 Old 01-09-2011, 05:49 PM

I just re-read that section in Lennon and Rolfe's book earlier today.

Several issues:

1. Only the best grade of minerals is used from natural sources. Craft grade is usually not even close.

2. In the first step of the manufacturing process, the minerals are ground by hand -- a process which takes at least 200 hours.

3. Further processing refines the salts down to very minute size particles (dust) and then is vaporized. At this point, the vaporized mineral substance is added to the milk sugar in the controlled potencies. The term triturated is used throughout the book (and other places). It isn't just quantity but also the size of the minerals that allow the cells to be able to use them.

This is just from reading. Others have more practical usage. My cell salt order is being processed and I have limited experience thus far.

#617 of 1201 Old 01-09-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post

I just re-read that section in Lennon and Rolfe's book earlier today.

Several issues:

1. Only the best grade of minerals is used from natural sources. Craft grade is usually not even close.

2. In the first step of the manufacturing process, the minerals are ground by hand -- a process which takes at least 200 hours.

3. Further processing refines the salts down to very minute size particles (dust) and then is vaporized. At this point, the vaporized mineral substance is added to the milk sugar in the controlled potencies. The term triturated is used throughout the book (and other places). It isn't just quantity but also the size of the minerals that allow the cells to be able to use them.

This is just from reading. Others have more practical usage. My cell salt order is being processed and I have limited experience thus far.

yup.

#618 of 1201 Old 01-10-2011, 12:29 PM

Ah, I see! I remember in college when I'd take my dd to the clay studio and she would eat the clay (I think every kid that came in there had to taste it) and my instructor smiling and just saying, hey it's good for you . . . :)

Thanks a lot, and I am learning so much from this thread. I am going to start out slow and see if our HFS has the Bioplasma for the whole family, then narrow down which book I want and go from there.

#619 of 1201 Old 01-10-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft_media_hero View Post

Ah, I see! I remember in college when I'd take my dd to the clay studio and she would eat the clay (I think every kid that came in there had to taste it) and my instructor smiling and just saying, hey it's good for you . . . :)

Thanks a lot, and I am learning so much from this thread. I am going to start out slow and see if our HFS has the Bioplasma for the whole family, then narrow down which book I want and go from there.

clay IS good for you and I always have several pounds in our house!  It's just different.  You aren't really getting nutrient transfer from clays.

#620 of 1201 Old 01-10-2011, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post

My new order of cell salts arrived, so I have all 12 again, so I'm starting to work on my dog again.  From a page or two ago--his anal gland is still inflamed (qualifies as an abscess?)--never got back to normal after the initial, fast swelling/pain (2-3 weeks ago?), the resulting trip to the vet helped a bit, but now he's in this fluctuating situation--not as painful/irritated as before, but really not normal.

kali mur (I wasn't sure if there was pus now or not, last visit to the vet said no, but that was a couple weeks ago) -- hasn't done anything all day so I'm abandoning it

Re-read my booklet, going to try alternating silica (help ripen the abscess and discharge contents) and calc sulph ("checks the weakening drain of suppuration too long continued, eg abcesses which will not heal readily" from my booklet)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

calc fluor is excellent for glandular issues.  I would certainly add that in to the equation.  I would probably start with that and silica, personally.

Well, this turns out to be a good lesson in making sure you're addressing the right problem.  Went to the new vet, the swelling was a seroma (a pocket of clear fluid, not a cancerous -oma), best guess is that the swelling from the original infected anal gland, which was probably addressed by the antibiotics a few weeks ago, caused a pocket nearby to form, and liquid has been accumulating since.  Doc thinks it's highly unlikely that fluid won't re-fill the pocket (she drained a lot today, it wasn't infected or weird, but clearly uncomfortable to the poor dog), so most likely surgery later this week to put in a drain and physically close up the pocket. 

I'm going to see if anything jumps out at me from the cell salt book--wonder if the one that's about relaxed tissues (calc fluor? need to go check) would help now.  But surgery seems likely. 

#621 of 1201 Old 01-10-2011, 08:14 PM

Well ya know, silica and calc fluor still seem like the best bets, though now I can see why a bit better.  Really not taking bets that they actually help (be nice to avoid surgery) but it's easy to do. 

#622 of 1201 Old 01-10-2011, 10:32 PM

You are farther along in the learning process than I, but I am just wondering if perhaps focusing on the clear discharge might help? I forget which cell salt that is, maybe one of the ones you are already administrating.

#623 of 1201 Old 01-11-2011, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post

Well ya know, silica and calc fluor still seem like the best bets, though now I can see why a bit better.  Really not taking bets that they actually help (be nice to avoid surgery) but it's easy to do. 

yup.

#624 of 1201 Old 01-11-2011, 07:25 AM

Well, I was too late and too slow.  Gave him 2 doses of silica & calc fluor last night and 1 this morning, but when he was turning around just a minute ago I looked and already, that pocket has refilled quite a bit (feels sorta like a water balloon you're just starting to fill, pretty weird). 

#625 of 1201 Old 01-11-2011, 12:44 PM

Ok, don't laugh.  My cat has inflammation of the liver.  Is there a cell salt that might help that?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#626 of 1201 Old 01-11-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post

Ok, don't laugh.  My cat has inflammation of the liver.

If I can go "blah blah blah" about my dog's ANAL GLAND, you can certainly ask about your cat's liver.  And as sunnysandiegan mentioned--what does your cat eat?  Though I hear cats are pickier about changing food anyway. 

#627 of 1201 Old 01-11-2011, 02:35 PM

I'd probably do nat sulph on it's own for that one.   

#628 of 1201 Old 01-11-2011, 03:28 PM

My order arrived from 1800Homeopathy!!!! SO excited!!! It's the little things in life that make me happy. love.gif

#629 of 1201 Old 01-11-2011, 05:32 PM

glutathione - Ever since PB suggested this for me I've been trying to look into it. One site I found sold glutathione suppositories. hey said it was widely known that it is of no use orally. Is this right? I don't want to pay for it orally if it won't help, but I don't want to use a suppository... well... for any reason, if I don't have to.

FAs, co-sleeping, babywearing, extended nursing, positive parenting, homeschooler

#630 of 1201 Old 01-11-2011, 06:04 PM

That's what many of the studies say, however I can personally attest to the fact that that is rubbish.  I'm sure you could ask for input from others that have used it orally and seen big changes.  I believe some have posted about it.  I've seen it in action in many situations myself and only use it orally.

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page