Tell me about cell salts. - Page 23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-12-2011, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

In my experience you generally won't muscle test positive to something that you just took.  Until you need to take it again, that is.  That can be your barometer.  You can reframe the question and get good answers, but it does take practice.

You can also test groups of things.  For instance you can hold all the salts in #6 and have dh test you as a combination instead of individually.  Sometimes a certain remedy/salt/flower/thing can be no on it's own but a yes with something else.  For instance I tested a child who had just had a seizure on a remedy yesterday and it was not a great fit, but I knew it was.  I then got an additional remedy (one to organize the nervous system) to give along with the initial choice (meant to interface the right and left brain) and that was a knock it out of the park combo.  He began smiling and cooing after taking them together.  So that particular blend was more than the sum of it's parts, which can happen.

IME Hylands will never test better than Luyties (just like Nelson's Bach flowers will never test higher than FES healing herbs brand.)  Some companies are just higher quality.  If you then pit bestmade and seroyal against hylands and luyties I'd bet you'd see a clear hierarchy.  Again, therapeutic quality vs. OTC.  We've spent a lot of time in our practice playing and testing brands against each other in a variety of ways.  Brand does matter.  However for coughs and colds Hylands will be fine, so it's not like they're useless.  

Oh boy. This opens up a LOT! First, we haven't done muscle testing in a couple years and were, therefore, rusty on the details. I never asked a question. I just held the bottle to my chest and DH stood behind me with one hand on my shoulder (of arm holding bottle to my chest) and the other hand on my outstretched wrist. I don't even think I took the time to clear my thoughts or take any cleansing breaths and I definitely didn't "clear the air". Basically, I forgot about fostering a healing space. I did, thankfully, ask DH in advance and wait for his willing cooperation.

Groups of things is an awesome tool to tuck away. Thanks!

I totally get the brand quality issue and was not surprised by that outcome last night. I haven't felt that any of our issues are hardcore enough to warrant therapeutic quality. When I get to some of my core health concerns (kidney tumor, as one example), I may feel differently and will pursue your professional services. I know quite a few local alternative healers, but their 'methods and tool boxes' are quite different from yours.

Second, I realized sometime last night the importance of "right here and now"....ah, that glorious "present" moment. thumb.gif Some of my questions for the pendulum were specific in many ways, EXCEPT the timing. Our entire muscle testing session was lacking in direction of any kind. Good indicators for ways to improve our uses of both tools. smile.gif

Third, the cell salts I took last night definitely helped me. I only had one moderate coughing fit when I was falling asleep, which is a HUGE improvement! More importantly, though, all kinds of subtle things have shifted for me. The main one is I woke up easier and earlier, which gave me the opportunity to do my morning breathing and meditating for the first time in a long time. This has had a cascading positive effect for me all morning thus far. DD is on break from school still, so all of my routines are out of whack. Getting this one back is so helpful for many reasons!

Fourth, I practiced with the pendulum again this morning. I used my necklace, cleared the space, and asked specific questions which included "right now". I got "yes" on three cell salts and I took four of each under my tongue: ferr phos, mag phos, and silica. This was after breakfast, which I ate at a decent time for the first time in ages! Hello energy burst/regulator! Before breakfast, I took Reacta-C and Cod Liver Oil (A & D).

WOO HOO!!! love.gif

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 11:35 AM

I can only speak for myself, but I tend to do cell salts first.  Sometimes flowers as well.  That's usually all I need.  At times I'll follow up with nutrients and a remedy if needed.  Sometimes if it's super intense I'll do them all together.  I take it on a case by case basis.  If the symptoms are looking for flowers, I pay attention.  Ditto for salts, nutrients and remedies.  When you start learning how these things feel, then your body begins to communicate what it wants.  I know that sounds deeply mystical, but it's not.  You'll begin to feel it-it's not really describable.  It's more a "this seems like a yerba santa cough" or "why don't you grab the kali sulph" than it is an intellectual evaluation, weighing things against each other.  At least for me.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post

Quote:

I'd probably do nat sulph on it's own for that one.   

Was this in response to my cat?

Yes.  Poor kitty.

My mother's cat just dislocated BOTH scapulae.  Ick.  I have her on calc fluor now.  Poor kitty.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:59 AM

Ooooooh, another great tip! I didn't even think about doing the cell salts right away. It hasn't sunk in yet that they are nutritional vs energetic. But, if I am understanding you correctly, it doesn't matter. I take flower essences differently than 'supplements'. I reach for those under emotional situations.

I just realized something else. I tend to compartmentalize all these "tools". Not that this is the same, but I recall the challenge I faced emotionally when DH suggested I join facebook. I felt weird because I have a lot of diverse friends. Not only do they not know each (not unusual), but each 'group' didn't even know about the other 'groups' (I'm using that term very, very loosely) I'm friends with. My scrapbooking friends, for example, are VERY typical American women. My JRI friends are practically the opposite. Healer friends are different than either of those. So on and so forth. I didn't really talk about activities I was involved with, with groups of people who wouldn't have any interest. Plus, I have some friends who are extremely religious and some who are atheists. Neither 'group' (they don't actually all know each other in such neat packages) is particularly quiet or shy about their beliefs and I like them all, but I dislike conflict. What a quandry for me! I eventually went for it and everything has worked out fine, but there has been some fall-out. Some people, after learning about my various interests (passively, I don't purposely shove anything in anyone's face), have become less friendly, shall we say. I figure it is all part of the process of life and am not particularly concerned. Just an observation.

So, that strongly correlates to my thought process about different types of tools/modalities in the health field (in my mind). Learning to mix and match may be challenging for me, but I just became aware of it. Awareness is the first step of affecting change, right? It can only get better from here... smile.gif

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

Old 01-12-2011, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

chlobo - cats puzzle me (and i have 2 of them in my house).  they are physiologically different from humans - and i haven't figured out all the differences - so i'm reluctant to supplement with herbs or supplements.  btw, there IS a veterinary homeopathic materia medica lurking out there on the internet/amazon somewhere.  some vet went through some human materia medica and translated it to animal "behavior".  it's not like you can ask your cat if warm water makes it feel better.

and though not cell salts, if you can find it, homeopathic dandelion (Taraxacum) comes to mind.  or maybe dandelion flower essence.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

Old 01-12-2011, 12:29 PM

Got DS1 stomach virus. Keeping the pikes at bay with mag phos but don't have much left. Will check out homeopathy.
It's such a beautiful snowday. I want to be out playing.
Oh, and reiki from Intuitive Jamie is helping too.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:13 PM

All you snow shovelers:

From what I can remember, ferr phos is good for when you feel like you overdid it.

DH was out shoveling for 3 hours. I'm giving him ferr phos regularly.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:37 PM

My friend who uses a pendulum called me today. We covered a bunch of topics, always do. LOL In there, though, I asked her to help me fine-tune my pendulum use. She wanted to know every single detail of what I did and then she suggested a few things. (She was mostly interested in my "prepwork", as I call it...before even getting started.) For the pendulum, she said eventually we need to know "maybe" and "need more information" along with "yes" and "no" at the beginning. The ones I called "ambiguous" were probably one of those two. She also said what Panserbjorne said, "Sometimes combinations work best." A series of questions or holding them all will help there. She also suggested always asking about dehydration (or will drinking water help?) near the beginning. Lastly, she gave me a new dehydration testing technique. (Dehydration is particularly common here due to our climate. Every healer I know locally talks about it.) You pull the hair on someone's head (DD's or DH's; DH can test me) to see if the muscle holds. She suggested it along with muscle testing, but I have forgotten the connection. We're walking on the beach together next week, so I'll ask her to show me in person for clarification.

Now I have more to work with and I feel like it is time since my symptoms are returning.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWithin View Post

All you snow shovelers:

From what I can remember, ferr phos is good for when you feel like you overdid it.

DH was out shoveling for 3 hours. I'm giving him ferr phos regularly.

yup, ferrum and mag phos is what I'm doing!

also...interestingh story.   My mother was in a particularly nasty car accident on Monday.  I gave her arnica 1m along with emergency essence.  I followed with mag phos and kali phos cell salts and had her repeat the arnica 3 times per day, with arnica 6c in water sipped often in between.  Also naturalcalm 1 tsp four times a day.

She came into the office Tuesday for some CST and kinesiotape.  She said she felt as though nothing had happened.  I told her that really it's the following day I'm worried about (today.)  That that is when I'd expect the "real" soreness to show up.  Her body was kind of a mess, and her neck was compressed by the belt which was bad (given that she has leukemia and the presentation is grossly swollen lymph nodes most noticeably in her neck.)

Anyway, she had instructions to keep up with salts, the remedies (both potencies) and the emergency essence.  I called today and she's fine.  She said there is no real indication that anything happened.  She was struck by someone who ran a stop sign.  Her car spun twice before landing on someone's yard.  She can't even tell she had an accident.  I love love love energy medicine.

The most rewarding part for me was that she said that she was so pleased to have been able to avoid the painkillers, and that using natural medicine to reduce the trauma and chiropractic to put things back where they should have been just seemed right.  Go mom.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:27 PM

I came on to delurk here and and post a thank-you to all regular posters here - this conversation has been really valuable.

I have been taking bioplasma as a tonic to support my recovery from a minor surgery, and gave it to my children and dh, just to see.  I've been doing well generally but have been taking so many things, both natural and allopathic, that it is hard to know what the salts are doing for me.  My dd, though had a near-miraculous improvement in her acne after just a couple of days on the bioplasma.

I'm now excited about experimenting with individual salts for specific issues. Heading for the hfs with a shopping list....

Sunnysandiegan, thanks for sharing the pendulum tips.  I think the tips your friend shared are very useful.  

Old 01-12-2011, 04:57 PM

Love your mom's story, Panserbjorne!

Good luck Aubergine68! We're traveling this path together, timing/learning-wise.

So, I asked about "maybe" and "need more information" at the beginning last time (before lunch) and I asked about water, too. Water was an obvious YES, so I drank an entire glass (9 oz) right in the middle of the pendulum work and have continued sipping more since (18 additional oz). "Maybe" was clear. "Need more info" was hard for me; plus I don't quite have the skills to ask better questions to clarify yet. When I got "maybe" answers, I set them aside. When I put certain combo's together, it became clear which were yes. Cool!!! I confirmed the four cell salt combo twice AND I confirmed the dosing. I took them and then fixed lunch for DD, my dad, and I. After lunch, I showered and got ready for an event tonight. I feel exhausted now. Not sure what to do with this info. Normally, I would heed it and rest. I postponed leaving for the event (and am resting and drinking water) by cutting out some extras DD & I were planning to do along the way to dropping her off at DH's office, but my attendance is mandatory tonight. Sigh.

It was only two hours ago, but maybe I should check in again???

Old 01-13-2011, 11:03 AM

Great story about your mom PB.  Nice work.

On a less happy note, it looks like DSs adenoids have won and we have lost.  They are just not going down despite all the things we've tried.  So it looks like surgery may be in the near future.

What can I do to help his body prepare and recover?  He's not highly reactive to anything in particular but I would like his recovery to be as nice as possible.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Old 01-13-2011, 11:31 AM

Sorry to hear that Carren. greensad.gif

PB- I just sent you an email about ordering some more cell salts, but your email always hates me, so I thought I better leave you a message here too. orngtongue.gif

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:43 AM

I have been following this thread for 4-6 weeks now. I found it when I began looking to heal their teeth. I immediately ordered some bioplasma from 1-800-homeopathy and have been giving it to the kids 4 times a day whenever possible (when I can remember that often). I then got some Hylands #1, #2, #12 and give those as well. I have some questions.

1st, I finally got to read the Biochemic Handbook yesterday as referred by PB (Thanks again, PB!). Very interesting read and I clearly need some more salts to have on hand. I had my shopping list all planned out last night, however now that I've read the new posts in this thread I'm second guessing myself. Budget is a HUGE concern/consideration here. I'd love to have them all, but I need at least 5 other salts, as far as I can tell. I could do this when I was going to buy Hylands, because I can get them for less than half the 1-800.. price by buying from Swanson. But now I read that they aren't worth a crap. So, now I need advice on the least expensive best option, please? I also think I'd better buy a better brand of the 1, 2, and 12 salts I already have, since my 2 yr old's teeth are really in bad shape and I need MAXIMUM performance from the salts. I was wondering why I wasn't seeing any actual results on his teeth yet (no worsening that I can tell, though).

2nd, do salts need special handling like remedies? Do I need o store them in a metal or wood cabinet away from light and EMFs, pour them from the bottle into the cap and not touch them with hands, etc.? Or can I just pour a couple into their hands and let them put them in their mouths? Or when I get too much, or they drop them on the floor (as happens EVERY DAY!), we can just pick them up and put them back in the bottle or in the mouth as required? It would really help me stretch them as far as they need to go if it's not all that complicated.

On a positive note, I decided to drop all allergy foods completely and get on a traditional foods "diet". It was hard to give up grains almost wholly, and to reconcile the cost of a largely animal product diet, but the kids have all grown! A couple of them have grown more than an inch. It's really quite amazing. Additional bummer that now I have to find the money for another visit to the thrift store. I don't know if it was the allergy elimination, the TF or the salts, but I suspect it was a little bit of everything. Now that they're growing, I must assume they are beginning to heal and the teeth will come next, right?

FAs, co-sleeping, babywearing, extended nursing, positive parenting, homeschooler

Old 01-13-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post

PB- I just sent you an email about ordering some more cell salts, but your email always hates me, so I thought I better leave you a message here too. orngtongue.gif

I got rid of that email finally.  Mainly because of it's irritability.  I think we're all good now...new account, new expectations!  I responded.

C, you already know how I feel about this.  There are times when there is an obstacle to cure.  Yes, there's likely a foundational issue, but that doesn't mean you don't do what you can to create comfort as you work on that.  Yes, you can certainly support the body with both homeopathy and cell salts.  We'll talk more about that to make sure you have what you need on hand.  You'll want the phosphates for sure and nat mur as well.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbyraja View Post

I have been following this thread for 4-6 weeks now. I found it when I began looking to heal their teeth. I immediately ordered some bioplasma from 1-800-homeopathy and have been giving it to the kids 4 times a day whenever possible (when I can remember that often). I then got some Hylands #1, #2, #12 and give those as well. I have some questions.

1st, I finally got to read the Biochemic Handbook yesterday as referred by PB (Thanks again, PB!). Very interesting read and I clearly need some more salts to have on hand. I had my shopping list all planned out last night, however now that I've read the new posts in this thread I'm second guessing myself. Budget is a HUGE concern/consideration here. I'd love to have them all, but I need at least 5 other salts, as far as I can tell. I could do this when I was going to buy Hylands, because I can get them for less than half the 1-800.. price by buying from Swanson. But now I read that they aren't worth a crap. So, now I need advice on the least expensive best option, please? I also think I'd better buy a better brand of the 1, 2, and 12 salts I already have, since my 2 yr old's teeth are really in bad shape and I need MAXIMUM performance from the salts. I was wondering why I wasn't seeing any actual results on his teeth yet (no worsening that I can tell, though).

2nd, do salts need special handling like remedies? Do I need o store them in a metal or wood cabinet away from light and EMFs, pour them from the bottle into the cap and not touch them with hands, etc.? Or can I just pour a couple into their hands and let them put them in their mouths? Or when I get too much, or they drop them on the floor (as happens EVERY DAY!), we can just pick them up and put them back in the bottle or in the mouth as required? It would really help me stretch them as far as they need to go if it's not all that complicated.

On a positive note, I decided to drop all allergy foods completely and get on a traditional foods "diet". It was hard to give up grains almost wholly, and to reconcile the cost of a largely animal product diet, but the kids have all grown! A couple of them have grown more than an inch. It's really quite amazing. Additional bummer that now I have to find the money for another visit to the thrift store. I don't know if it was the allergy elimination, the TF or the salts, but I suspect it was a little bit of everything. Now that they're growing, I must assume they are beginning to heal and the teeth will come next, right?

pming you...

Old 01-13-2011, 12:01 PM

Hugs Mama!

Others will have more answers for you, but I can tell you a few things. I have a couple Hylands brand and they are fine. Luyties (1800Homeopathy brand) is still OTC, but a step up from Hylands (tested better for me, but the same for DD). PB has access to therapeutic grade.

I store them in the box they arrived in from 1800... because it happens to have 12 cardboard slots and 2 Hylands bottles fit side-by-side in one spot. I own 2 Hylands and ordered 11 Luyties, so it works perfectly. (One Luyties was out of stock and I have bioplasma in both brands.) I was keeping the first two cell salts (Hylands) wherever we would remember to take them. On my nightstand, next to the sofa, on the kitchen table, wherever. They are nutritional, so I treat them like supplements.

I dose by pouring them into the cap and tipping into my mouth without touching anything. However, with DH and DD, I just tip the cap into their hand. DD doses herself on Hyland's bioplasma and she does it like I do, but she is the only one taking those now. We've dropped plenty, also. I don't worry about it, but I do make sure the dropped ones (on floor, which is fairly clean) goes into someone's mouth versus back into the bottle.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:52 PM

need to order more cell salts.

Carren will email my friend about the surgery.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:57 PM

I'm ordering again today or tomorrow-so let me know if you need anything from me.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:04 PM

emailing you now

eta:  thanks so much for being willing to order for us.  I forgot to add that in my email

Old 01-13-2011, 01:26 PM

Can you pm me the best email to use to reach you, PB?  I had a completely unrelated question.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Old 01-13-2011, 01:29 PM

elisabeth at wisemedicine dot net

the old ones are still being forwarded for now, so they *should* still get to me!

Old 01-13-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I got rid of that email finally.  Mainly because of it's irritability.  I think we're all good now...new account, new expectations!  I responded.

C, you already know how I feel about this.  There are times when there is an obstacle to cure.  Yes, there's likely a foundational issue, but that doesn't mean you don't do what you can to create comfort as you work on that.  Yes, you can certainly support the body with both homeopathy and cell salts.  We'll talk more about that to make sure you have what you need on hand.  You'll want the phosphates for sure and nat mur as well.

Those are very kind words.  And they make sense and ring true but I still can't help but feel like I've failed in some way by not finding the "right" intervention in order to avoid having to do surgery.  I keep second guessing.  Did I not remove the right foods or enough of the right foods?  Are we suffering from food chemical reactions?  Did I BF him into some poor nutritional state?  Did I give him lyme and that's why he can't seem to fight the strep A?

I guess it doesn't matter now.  It is what is it and this is what we need to do to move forward.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Old 01-13-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Those are very kind words.  And they make sense and ring true but I still can't help but feel like I've failed in some way by not finding the "right" intervention in order to avoid having to do surgery.  I keep second guessing.  Did I not remove the right foods or enough of the right foods?  Are we suffering from food chemical reactions?  Did I BF him into some poor nutritional state?  Did I give him lyme and that's why he can't seem to fight the strep A?

I guess it doesn't matter now.  It is what is it and this is what we need to do to move forward.

Oh Chlobo  - you have done so much.  I understand your doubts.  But, be kind to yourself. 

Old 01-13-2011, 01:55 PM

Mama, those thoughts are totally normal, but honestly they don't help.  Not that I don't value what you are feeling!  They just aren't going to change anything.  Most of us here have what if's.  As you know two of my kids recently had surgical revisions because of something that could have been dealt with in utero, had I known.  Our job isn't to always KNOW.  Our job is to support them as best we can in whatever comes up.  That's the journey.  This is a powerful lesson for our kids.  You did everything you could with a lot of success, it just didn't affect this area enough.  When it became apparent that alternatives weren't working, you found another avenue.

You haven't failed.  You have succeeded in every way that I can think of.  You have gone to the ends of the earth for that kiddo-for both-and he is a healthier person as a result.  He is growing up getting to see that there are many different solutions for problems.  This is magnificent.  He is growing up seeing that you always go the least interventive path first, turning to intervention when it's necessary-not because it's the norm.  He's watching as his mom questions everything, educates herself and explores all avenues.

Either way where you are is where you are.  Where you are is exactly where you need to be.  Perhaps the lesson here is that sometimes things are bigger than us.  We always have power, but that doesn't mean we get to make all the calls.  Maybe this is where you get to let go and realize that we are not the ones in control.  Even when we do everything "right" that doesn't guarantee everything.  

Yet, here you are.  Even in the face of surgery you are asking for help in supporting his body in it's recovery.  You have so integrated what you've learned that turning to surgery you never consider abandoning what you know.  He will continue benefit greatly from your commitment to health.

Mama.  You are brilliant, amazing and awe inspiring.  As mothers we question ourselves.  I just wish you were able to see what those of us around you do.  Much love.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:

Mama, those thoughts are totally normal, but honestly they don't help.  Not that I don't value what you are feeling!  They just aren't going to change anything.  Most of us here have what if's.  As you know two of my kids recently had surgical revisions because of something that could have been dealt with in utero, had I known.  Our job isn't to always KNOW.  Our job is to support them as best we can in whatever comes up.  That's the journey.  This is a powerful lesson for our kids.  You did everything you could with a lot of success, it just didn't affect this area enough.  When it became apparent that alternatives weren't working, you found another avenue.

You haven't failed.  You have succeeded in every way that I can think of.  You have gone to the ends of the earth for that kiddo-for both-and he is a healthier person as a result.  He is growing up getting to see that there are many different solutions for problems.  This is magnificent.  He is growing up seeing that you always go the least interventive path first, turning to intervention when it's necessary-not because it's the norm.  He's watching as his mom questions everything, educates herself and explores all avenues.

Either way where you are is where you are.  Where you are is exactly where you need to be.  Perhaps the lesson here is that sometimes things are bigger than us.  We always have power, but that doesn't mean we get to make all the calls.  Maybe this is where you get to let go and realize that we are not the ones in control.  Even when we do everything "right" that doesn't guarantee everything.  

Yet, here you are.  Even in the face of surgery you are asking for help in supporting his body in it's recovery.  You have so integrated what you've learned that turning to surgery you never consider abandoning what you know.  He will continue benefit greatly from your commitment to health.

Mama.  You are brilliant, amazing and awe inspiring.  As mothers we question ourselves.  I just wish you were able to see what those of us around you do.  Much love.

beautifully said

Old 01-13-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWithin View Post

Oh Chlobo  - you have done so much.  I understand your doubts.  But, be kind to yourself. 

nod.gifhug2.gifhug2.gifhug2.gif

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:02 PM

ack! my head is about to explode! lol

Ds1 has had numerous cavities, minor skin rashes, dark undereye circles, and something digestive going on. Ds2 has eczema and digestive issues. I guess I need to read up on cell salts!! I'm mostly posting so I'm subbed :)

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

Old 01-14-2011, 05:14 AM

Hugs Carren! 

Old 01-14-2011, 07:54 AM

Ok, speaking of onwards and upwards, DD is down with something today.  I cannot, for the life of me, find my biochemist handbook.

So, any thoughts on this?  She's got flushed cheeks, a mild sore throat and a mild fever.  I can't remember which salts for the fever.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List