Forum Jump: 

#721 of 1201 Old 01-16-2011, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

Kathy,

I'm glad it helped a bit, as it goes for you too!  

Have you tried taking the glutathione OUT of the capsule?  Results are pretty instantaneous when it works.  When it's what's needed.  Sometimes you also need to do additional support.

Some cell salts are slow acting, and some are faster.  It depends on what's needed right now and which salt is the most important.

I don't know about the glutathione cream.  Interesting.  I do know that the powder (out of a capsule!) works really well in everyone I've seen that needs it.

Tried the "take out of the capsule" this morning. Bad idea. It was a gelcap and the inside was a big blob which was then floating in DS's grape juice and looked absolutely disgusting. Made him drink it anyway. Didn't notice any difference at all. This is called Essential Nutraceuticals Essential Pro Liposomal Glutathione softgels. It has 250mg in it, and DS takes it twice a day (breakfast/dinner).

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post

Quote:

Quote:
Quick question, is it better to dose all at once? Or is it ok to take a couple in the am and a couple in the pm? This isn't one of those, disturb your sleep things, is it?

I was just coming to ask the same thing! I'm taking one 250mg capsule every morning, but I think I need to increase a bit.

I'm wondering the same thing, about dosage, and timing. DS is taking his along with all of his other meds/supplements. Is it something that is okay? or should it be taken away from the other things?

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#722 of 1201 Old 01-16-2011, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

If the main thing I want cell salts for is ds1's cavity prone teeth, would I use #1 and #2? Are the numbers consistent with different brands? How many would I want to start with- do the bottles come in different sizes?

Some of the sodium ones seem like they'd be good for me! I *think* there's a local store here that carries them (or at least I remember the bottles loking similar to the Hylands ones. I do remember that they have numbers on them).

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#723 of 1201 Old 01-16-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post

Quote:

Kathy,

I'm glad it helped a bit, as it goes for you too!  

Have you tried taking the glutathione OUT of the capsule?  Results are pretty instantaneous when it works.  When it's what's needed.  Sometimes you also need to do additional support.

Some cell salts are slow acting, and some are faster.  It depends on what's needed right now and which salt is the most important.

I don't know about the glutathione cream.  Interesting.  I do know that the powder (out of a capsule!) works really well in everyone I've seen that needs it.

Tried the "take out of the capsule" this morning. Bad idea. It was a gelcap and the inside was a big blob which was then floating in DS's grape juice and looked absolutely disgusting. Made him drink it anyway. Didn't notice any difference at all. This is called Essential Nutraceuticals Essential Pro Liposomal Glutathione softgels. It has 250mg in it, and DS takes it twice a day (breakfast/dinner).

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post

Quote:

Quote:
Quick question, is it better to dose all at once? Or is it ok to take a couple in the am and a couple in the pm? This isn't one of those, disturb your sleep things, is it?

I was just coming to ask the same thing! I'm taking one 250mg capsule every morning, but I think I need to increase a bit.

I'm wondering the same thing, about dosage, and timing. DS is taking his along with all of his other meds/supplements. Is it something that is okay? or should it be taken away from the other things?

eeeeeeeeeew, that's pretty nasty.  I take it three times a day, right before bed is my last dose and I take it with whatever else I'm having at the time.  Fancy, huh?  I see no reason to take it apart from anything.  Again, not that I'm goading you to do more, but I wouldn't see squat at 250 mg.  In pregnancy I'd not go nuts though.  I'm just saying that Kathy, if your little guy does need it then it may be just that the dosage is off.

#724 of 1201 Old 01-16-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevaMajka View Post

If the main thing I want cell salts for is ds1's cavity prone teeth, would I use #1 and #2? Are the numbers consistent with different brands? How many would I want to start with- do the bottles come in different sizes?

Some of the sodium ones seem like they'd be good for me! I *think* there's a local store here that carries them (or at least I remember the bottles loking similar to the Hylands ones. I do remember that they have numbers on them).

nope, numbers are universal.  different brands can have different sizes, but most are around 500 tabs.  You can start with 1 and 2 and add 12 if it looks as though you need to, or the indications are there.

#725 of 1201 Old 01-16-2011, 05:38 PM

awesome! Thanks- I'm all excited to go shopping now :)

Can one take them for long periods of time?

#726 of 1201 Old 01-16-2011, 06:16 PM

yes, my kids have been on them (on and off) for years.

#727 of 1201 Old 01-16-2011, 07:12 PM

PB - The exact same ones, same dosage, for the same issues/concerns? Or, just in general???

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#728 of 1201 Old 01-16-2011, 07:20 PM

dosage will wax and wane depending on what's going on, but yes...basically the same ones.  The issues (reasons they are taking them) are quite deep and chronic.  They'll be on them for some time.

#729 of 1201 Old 01-16-2011, 07:33 PM

Ah, that makes sense to me. Thanks for the clarification. smile.gif

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#730 of 1201 Old 01-16-2011, 08:15 PM

Come to find out, DD is also experiencing the bumps on her face. Also no itching, but hers aren't even red.

This morning, I tested "yes" for two of the calcs (1 each) and silica (4) and some others (2&3). I don't recall if I tested or took any this afternoon. (I think I just took two bioplasma 12X intuitively.) Just now, though, I tested "yes" for all three calcs (1 each) and silica (4) and ferrum phos (2) and kali mur (2). (Not the same as this morning, but not that different I don't think.)

DD tested "yes" for all three calcs tonight (1 each).

DD wants to know when her bumps will be gone. She goes back to school on Tuesday after Winter Break (30+ days off). Should I let her take all three calcs whenever she wants? She is good with flower essences like that and I let her take Hyland's Bioplasma 6X whenever she wants. Both of which she has taken today - vervain once in water; 2 bio twice. I guess my only concern is she will take them A LOT because she WANTS the bumps to go away RIGHT NOW. While they won't hurt her, they aren't exactly free.... wink1.gif But, if taking them more frequently for a short period of time DOES make them go away quickly, I am perfectly okay with that.... Looking for some guidance there, but it won't go into effect until tomorrow morning.

#731 of 1201 Old 01-16-2011, 08:18 PM

I'd have her put them in water in a large bottle so she's sipping continuously.  That will keep you both happy.  Continuous administration for her without breaking the bank.  You can also add some crab apple flower essence in there!

#732 of 1201 Old 01-16-2011, 09:07 PM

Excellent suggestion on both fronts!!! love.gif

#733 of 1201 Old 01-17-2011, 01:41 PM

Worked beautifully! She got 4 of each calc + 1 drop of each FE: rock water, vervain, hornbeam, and crab apple. We went out to breakfast right on the beach and we walked barefoot on the beach afterwards, then played in the water a bit (ankles for me, knees for her), and laid in the sun to make our vitamin D. Gorgeous morning!!!! (In allll ways!!!) She sipped throughout this time. love.gif

I took my cell salts under my tongue this morning (all calcs, kali mur, mag phos -- 3-4 each -- per pendulum). I added my FEs to my water bottle: vervain (4), crab apple (4), and hornbeam (6) -- also per pendulum (method, FEs, and how much -- cool!). Lovely effects!!!! Awesome tools! love.gif

#734 of 1201 Old 01-17-2011, 06:06 PM

So I went to the store that I thought had the cell salts- what they have is Hylands, and they have numbers 1 through 12, and it says 6x on them. But it says nothing about "cell" or "tissue." On the top, it says something about homeopathic something or other. It says to take 4 tablets every 4 hours. I looked around at hylands.ca and I can't find anything that looks like the bottler, except the cell salts. The ones in the store do not have listed the symptoms that the salt is for, like the ones I see on well.ca.

I take it these aren't the ones I want, and I should just order online?

#735 of 1201 Old 01-17-2011, 06:20 PM

those are cell salts!  1-12 is what lets you know.  They cell salts are the denoted by their numbers.  6x is exactly what you want.

#736 of 1201 Old 01-17-2011, 06:42 PM

Very cool- That means I can start soon! Thanks :)

#737 of 1201 Old 01-17-2011, 08:51 PM

I got the Bioplasma! joy.gif The big bottle! They have it at our lhfs. Now we will take that while I figure out what else we need ;)

Happy and in love with my family!
#738 of 1201 Old 01-18-2011, 10:07 AM

Ha! Take THAT, non-believers. (who are either not reading this thread anyway, and if they are, they're making fun of us)

I gave calc fluor and bioplasma to a newly-pregnant colleague with a hugely stuffy nose. (These were what I had in my purse, and they both say they're for colds.) It's either pregnancy rhinitis or a cold, and, of course, she's not willing to take traditional meds for a cold. She's used rhus tox before for poison ivy ( In fact, she offered it to *me* a few years back), so I thought she'd be open to trying these. She was - took 2 tabs of each - and an hour later, she's breathing through both nostrils!

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

#739 of 1201 Old 01-18-2011, 10:33 AM

Also for nonbelievers:

I have been giving dd calc phos for teething and enlarged adenoids (I think I read that somewhere).  She has been breathing and sleeping better.  I am definately not considering having her adenoids removed now.

ds has been taking nat sulph 12X for asthma.  the book I have suggests taking it for a few weeks and then switching to calc phos.  so far no asthma attacks and he did have a cold!

Finally, for me I came down with an incredibly bad sore throat last wednesday.  I looked the back of my throat and saw some white spots on my tonsils.  I took ferr phos and kali mur for 2 days and had a complete recovery.  The cold that was starting was also stopped in its tracks.

Thanks to everyone for bringing the salts into my life and special thanks for PB for all her wisdom!! 

#740 of 1201 Old 01-18-2011, 10:35 AM

also, where can I get a pendulum and really what exactly is it?

#741 of 1201 Old 01-18-2011, 11:18 AM

I recommend etsy.com  just type in pendulum and you'll find a ton ranging in price from $6 to $200.  It's a tool for testing, basically.  You can make a pendulum by typing an evenly weighted object to a piece of string.  As you hold the string the pendulum will circle or arc in different direction and provide some basic guidance.

A well made pendulum is evenly balanced and easier to read.

#742 of 1201 Old 01-18-2011, 02:07 PM

Very congested pregnant mama needs some help! Dd passed flu on to me. I'm on the 3rd day but feeling much better. However I have tons of head and nose congestion that's driving me mad! I've also developed a little cough. I've been using the neti pot for congestion but my right nostril is plugged I can barely get anything out it just goes down my throat. 

As for DD she's on day 5 but has been very tired and cranky today. Shes been sneezing more today, clear mucus coming out of the nose, and still has this cough which is worse at night. 

I'm struggling with what salts to give. There's quite a few that can be used for cough and sinus so I'm confused. I don't want her cough to linger and get really ugly ya know. 

#743 of 1201 Old 01-18-2011, 02:16 PM

have you tried kali mur for both of you?

#744 of 1201 Old 01-18-2011, 02:22 PM

I tried a few days ago but stopped as I wasn't noticing a difference. Maybe I wasn't dosing enough? Should I try every 30 min? 

#745 of 1201 Old 01-18-2011, 03:48 PM

I would.  That stuffed up feeling is usually a kali mur thing.  I'd do every half hour at least for a few hours and see how you feel.  You can think about adding calc fluor for the post nasal action.

For dd perhaps consider nat mur.

#746 of 1201 Old 01-18-2011, 06:06 PM

Thank you PB   You are so much help :)

#747 of 1201 Old 01-19-2011, 09:17 AM

Update: DD's bumps on her face were gone after 1-2 days of continuous dosing in her water bottle. Apparently, they went away sometime during school (second day of dosing). smile.gif

The bumps on my chin have turned into hideous whiteheads...in the shape of a smiley face, according to DD...LOL The bumps elsewhere on my face have diminished, but are now accompanied by white flaking...especially all over my nose. My menstrual cycle started late in the day yesterday and it is unusual, too. I feel a bit like the very beginnings of a cold, as well. Anyway, I tested for cell salts and flower essences this morning. A handful of cell salts at 3-4 each (under tongue); two FEs at 2-3 drops each (in water). The kali mur and nat mur pendulum results were a bit wacky, so I asked more questions. Every half hour came up.

#748 of 1201 Old 01-19-2011, 10:41 AM
LCT

Question ...

Sometimes water tastes bitter to my son after he's taken cell salts/remedies.  Any idea what this means?  Does this have something to do with a change in his pH?

#749 of 1201 Old 01-19-2011, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCT View Post

Question ...

Sometimes water tastes bitter to my son after he's taken cell salts/remedies.  Any idea what this means?  Does this have something to do with a change in his pH?

isn't "bitter taste in mouth" listed as an indicator for a specific cell salt?  could your cell salts be swinging balance and you might be missing something?

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#750 of 1201 Old 01-19-2011, 04:29 PM

Do the calcs affect sleep at all?  I had a bad reaction from starting too fast (crazy letdown, dd gets super whiny, especially about the milk).  I just started dd on calc phos and calc fluor for her teeth last week, (2 each, 3x/day) and her ability to fall asleep at night and feel rested in the morning has been getting progressively worse.  And she's super whiny about milk again.  I'm trying to cover my bases, and am wondering if this path is even worth exploring?

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page