Tell me about cell salts. - Page 27 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#781 of 1201 Old 01-24-2011, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

These suggestions are all so great.  I know this is a discussion about cell salts, but I am also really getting interested in flower essenses from all of PB great suggestions.  Just wondering, can I give cell salts and flower essences all together or do I have to separate them?  Do I just put 2 drops in water and give to my child and how frequently?

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#782 of 1201 Old 01-24-2011, 10:34 AM

also wondering,

I read that you should take the essences for about a month, but I really was thinking I would use them based on how the day is going.  For example, I wanted to use elm when I was feeling stressed or overwhelmed that particular day.  ?The next day, if I felt impatient - I want to use impatiens.  Can you use them that way or do you need to take them for long periods before you see results?

#783 of 1201 Old 01-24-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlight mom View Post

These suggestions are all so great.  I know this is a discussion about cell salts, but I am also really getting interested in flower essenses from all of PB great suggestions.  Just wondering, can I give cell salts and flower essences all together or do I have to separate them?  Do I just put 2 drops in water and give to my child and how frequently?

Thanks!!

absolutely and please do!!!!  You can give them together (love this!) and yes, I prefer to put the flowers in water.  How many drops depends on how much water for me.  I didn't used to think that this was the case...but it seems to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlight mom View Post

also wondering,

I read that you should take the essences for about a month, but I really was thinking I would use them based on how the day is going.  For example, I wanted to use elm when I was feeling stressed or overwhelmed that particular day.  ?The next day, if I felt impatient - I want to use impatiens.  Can you use them that way or do you need to take them for long periods before you see results?

Perfectly fine.  Taking them long-term is fine for addressing chronic issues.  However I very often use them in the moment to correct a mood.  I also use them acutely in illnesses.

Different personalities can also shift in different timing which is perfect for them.  I am a slow shifter and have been on the same flowers/remedies for quite a long time.  They work beautifully, but I still need to take them.  Others have totally different experiences and can shift very quickly.  There are guidelines, but no rules.  If you need a flower in the moment don't hesitate to use it!

#784 of 1201 Old 01-24-2011, 04:45 PM

Hi! WOW! Hats off to you Panserbjorne for all that you are doing here, very inspiring to say the least.  I just started reading this thread and am hoping I can find THAT answer for my daughter's troubles.  It would be a shame if I didn't try and ask.

My daughter is 2 years and 3 months old. She is petite, has the WORST appetite in the world.  She'll go hours and hours and probably days (if I'd let her) without eating.  I've tried a WHOLE bunch and even took her to a homeopath who very nicely discussed her and suggested Nat Mur 30C. I did a 10 day course and no luck yet or improvement.   I do understand that is homeopathy and not Cell salts.

Is there anything that you can suggest for her?  Would this be an accute condition? Without getting into my breastfeeding failure issues, she lost weight at one month while being EBF and till date has trouble putting on weight.  

I have my own issues as far as breastfeeding is concerned (possibly IGT/Breast Hypoplasia...)..but I just want to focus on helping DD right now?  I'll take anything you've got.

Again, hats off to you. TIA.

#785 of 1201 Old 01-24-2011, 05:16 PM

Speedmom.  That is QUITE a history.  This is definitely not an acute issue, but a rather deep chronic case.  Really, it sounds like you both need to be addressed.  I would suspect underlying food sensitivities for sure just from what you've said.  You can always start on bioplasma and do some supportive flower essences (things like wild rose, california wild rose, clematis, crowea perhaps even sundew...it would depend on her specific issues.)

She will likely need more targeted support, but bioplasma in and of itself can be a huge help in the beginning.

Do you know if it was a supply or transfer issue with the feeding?  Was that ever assessed?  Was she getting enough milk and not thriving, were you producing and she couldn't transfer or were you actually not producing enough?  The two of you are very intertwined right now, and believe it or not, she holds answers for you, too.  These clues can often tell us as much about your health as they can about hers.

#786 of 1201 Old 01-24-2011, 05:38 PM

Is bioplasma my best bet for keeping a toddler from getting sick? The last 3 times he caught a cold, he ended up in the ER for beathing difficulties, so I think the best thing to do is keep him from catching colds when I can.

(Actually, correction- he did get "sick" recently with no ER trip, but that time *I* had it first, and he got it really really mildly. I'm guessing that he got antibodies from my milk that helped fight it off. The prior 3 times, he got it from his big brother before I got it.)

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#787 of 1201 Old 01-24-2011, 06:47 PM

yes, you can do that...but you'd want to have single salts on hand to address the breathing stuff directly when it crops up.

#788 of 1201 Old 01-24-2011, 07:54 PM

Sudden earache (overpriced monitor says go see the doctor.  It ALWAYS says fluid unlikely) in dd (4yo), after playing all day at the park (in sunny california) with a runny nose - mostly clear but a tad bit of yellow.  She's been sick on more than off for months, but seemed to be coming out of this cold.  ferr phos, kali sulph, kali mur?  repeat every 15-20 minutes till she's doing better?  Plus onion juice drops in the ear since there's no ear discharge?

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#789 of 1201 Old 01-24-2011, 08:49 PM

Anyone have any ideas if there's a cell salt, and if so what one/ones, I could take for my itchy scalp? No dandruff, rashes, or redness. Just itchy- used to be just in response to hair care products, but now I can't pinpoint a cause at all.

I also have what's probably a silly question- if my tingling stops while taking cell salts, would I still want to try to find a medical reason for it? Or if it goes away on cell salts, do I assume that whatever the problem was, is being taken care of?

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#790 of 1201 Old 01-25-2011, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

Speedmom.  That is QUITE a history.  This is definitely not an acute issue, but a rather deep chronic case.  Really, it sounds like you both need to be addressed.  I would suspect underlying food sensitivities for sure just from what you've said.  You can always start on bioplasma and do some supportive flower essences (things like wild rose, california wild rose, clematis, crowea perhaps even sundew...it would depend on her specific issues.)

She will likely need more targeted support, but bioplasma in and of itself can be a huge help in the beginning.

Do you know if it was a supply or transfer issue with the feeding?  Was that ever assessed?  Was she getting enough milk and not thriving, were you producing and she couldn't transfer or were you actually not producing enough?  The two of you are very intertwined right now, and believe it or not, she holds answers for you, too.  These clues can often tell us as much about your health as they can about hers.

Thanks for writing back (hug)

I stay in the UAE where there are VERY limited resources, I probably won't be able to get my hands on the flower essences anytime soon.  Will def. ask my mum (who is currently in TX) to bring with her what she can esp. Bioplasma cell salts to start with.  I am 29, vegetarian, grew up on a SAD vegetarian diet esp. during teen years.  My daughter was born 5.95 pounds and 47cms.  I do remember getting slightly engorged and leaked once when I went without feeding her and had given her formula.  My yield after one month in one day was not more than 2oz :-( If I didn't feed her at all directly, it was a max of 4 or 5 oz total in a day.

We never figured out what it was, bad suckle/latch/appetite or lack of enough milk.  The only thing I didn't try was motilium/ *domp. sp??  At four months (when I had almost given up) I received my international delivery for Goats Rue (but it was too late) and it didn't seem to help any.  My breasts are asymmetrical, left is almost a cup (A) smaller than right(B). I don't have much fat/skin around the nipples.  And they are a little widely spaced, but it isn't like I have checked out normal breasts to know what be considered normal. So?? that's all I can tell you.

Prior to having her I had a history of irregular periods and one OBGYN diagnosed me for a mild case of potential PCOS because of off FSH/LH levels but I never really had cysts.  Of course, I have the typical PCOS symptoms of weight and thinning eyebrows/hairline.  No other symptoms I think?  I took ayurvedic supplements for a a few months and since then my periods got regular, I added exercise and whole foods to the mix and things got better.  I have to add that my pregnancy was stressful (because she was unplanned) and to add to that I was very scared about gaining too much weight because of PCOS (so I PROBABLY didn't eat as much as I should have?) I also don't know if thyroid is part of the pic.  On showing myself to a naturopath a year or so ago, she said I was borderline hypothyroid, with a tendency of being that but that my tests (folate, B, Iron, Thyroid) were overall okay.

I don't know if that lack of supply in the first month reduced her appetite to a point where she can't be bothered with food, I do try and separate the emotion from it and not get wound up, but hey I am a first time mum and failure to EBF didn't help :(  Yes, my self esteem is tied around her appetite and thus ultimately growth.  How can I expect her to grow if she just doesn't eat?  Sorry, about the lengthy post.

I will try and somehow get my hands on bioplasma salts and get her and myself started on it once my mum is back.  Anything else you have to suggest for her or me would be immensely helpful.?  Bless you.

PS. Edited to add that I stopped vaccinating DD after 4 months because I was afraid that it was interfering with her latch and she didn't do too well on them (persistent fever and screaming in the night)  I was already ambivalent and then stopped altogether.  She's got HepB, Hib, DPT, OPV.  

#791 of 1201 Old 01-25-2011, 08:36 PM

It's working! It's working! Oh, thank you PB! I haven't even received the superior cell salts yet, and our teeth are healing. Yes, I said our. I adopted this WAP/TF diet and cell salts to fix my dc, and wound up improving myself in the process.

I began this nutrition journey in an attempt to save and correct my 2 year old's decaying teeth. When I began I was living with a lot of pressure pain from one of my teeth. Bad enough to not be able to eat on that side, but not bad enough to have the amalgam removed while nursing my now 4 month old. I was living with it for as long as possible before subjecting her to the mercury. We've now been doing the WAP thing for about 6 weeks, including cell salts. I was able to eat bread (admittedly it was my own homemade gluten-free bread that is softer than anything but white bread from the store, but still) and later very gently chew ground beef on that side of my mouth today! I hadn't even tried before then in several months, but somehow wasn't paying enough attention until it suddenly dawned on me that I was eating on that side without pain! Now, I wouldn't try to chew jerky or almonds there now, or anything, but even bread was a no-go just a couple of weeks ago. I'm very encouraged by this.

I've been noticing that the brown gouges in my son's front teeth were now more of a butter yellow, but thought I might just be seeing what I wanted to see. Now I'm thinking it's true. His cavities seem to be healing! Very encouraged. If it can do that for cavities I have faith it can fix our leaky guts and get us genuinely healthy for possibly the first time in our lives.

Again, Elizabeth, w/o your steady input all over the dental and H&H forums I wouldn't have learned as much as I have and delved right in. Particularly when you said not to blame and guilt myself, because I must be coming on this information at just the right time. I didn't understand how that was possible, since the right time would have been BEFORE I had kids, but now I think you're right. This is when I was ready to accept the information and make the changes, and when I was financially able, as well. Thank you SO much! I know you change lives for the better every day, but know you've changed an entire family for the better here, forever.

FAs, co-sleeping, babywearing, extended nursing, positive parenting, homeschooler

#792 of 1201 Old 01-26-2011, 10:03 AM

still working my way thru this thread, but is there a cell salt (other than bioplasma, which we already take) that i could give my family to stop a cycle of passing sickies back and forth and back and forth? (i know stress has been a factor that has not been helping)... 

#793 of 1201 Old 01-26-2011, 01:32 PM

You may want to try adding additional silica.

#794 of 1201 Old 01-26-2011, 05:15 PM

I have temporarily forgotten about cell salts while playing with my new flower essences. I know they go hand-in-hand well, but I am a bit overwhelmed by EVERYTHING all at once.

In fact, I am feeling a bit stressed today. Too much going on in my life right now and I feel out of sorts. Kind of like a chicken with its head cut off running all over the place. I took a walk this morning to relieve some stress and that definitely helped. I also mentally prioritized some things, but really most of this is beyond my direct control and coming from a variety of places. No one person or thing. And I have great support at home and in these other organizations. Obligations and events are colliding and I feel unprepared to handle it all. DH assures me I'll do well and everyone else thinks so, also. It's me that feels the pressure.

Got any tips? Cell salts for stability or groundedness?

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#795 of 1201 Old 01-26-2011, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

pulled muscles in my hip and probably strained a big pelvic ligament too - 6 weeks ago or so.  just had 2 sessions of bodywork this week and it's now progressing downward - from obturators, to piriformis.  i think it's moved into the psoas now.  definitely feeling something in the knee and ankle.

ferr phos, mag phos for the muscle spasms... calc fluor, silica, and calc phos for the ligamentous damage...  anything else?

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#796 of 1201 Old 01-26-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

You may want to try adding additional silica.

excellent! thank you. 

#797 of 1201 Old 01-26-2011, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

hot out of my inbox: 

an excerpt from Robin Murphy's lecture on the history of cell salts.

http://www.lotushealthinstitute.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=76:cell-salts-history-and-philosophy&catid=23:podcast&Itemid=40

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#798 of 1201 Old 01-26-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post

I have temporarily forgotten about cell salts while playing with my new flower essences. I know they go hand-in-hand well, but I am a bit overwhelmed by EVERYTHING all at once.

In fact, I am feeling a bit stressed today. Too much going on in my life right now and I feel out of sorts. Kind of like a chicken with its head cut off running all over the place. I took a walk this morning to relieve some stress and that definitely helped. I also mentally prioritized some things, but really most of this is beyond my direct control and coming from a variety of places. No one person or thing. And I have great support at home and in these other organizations. Obligations and events are colliding and I feel unprepared to handle it all. DH assures me I'll do well and everyone else thinks so, also. It's me that feels the pressure.

Got any tips? Cell salts for stability or groundedness?

hornbeam and elm can both be great for overwhelm...as can impatiens.  I'd probably go to kali phos first, but the calc phos would be a close second.  Great for assimilation of information.

#799 of 1201 Old 01-27-2011, 07:17 AM

Jessica,

I just saw your post. You're doing an amazing job!

#800 of 1201 Old 01-27-2011, 10:16 AM

Thanks PB! I intuitively chose all three cals this morning (no time for pendulum) for myself and DD. I had a gum abscess for a long time that was gone for months; then it suddenly flared up yesterday. Very weird considering the skin/gum was completely healed. This morning I felt the flap of skin and yesterday I had felt the pain, but was too busy to do anything about it -- specifically. I have been spraying the Magenta Self-Heal (flourish formula from FES) in my mouth as often as I think of it for a few days now for general healing purposes.

I'll go take the kali phos now. I'm headed to class in a little bit, then my day gets busy for awhile...not sure how long. Another stressful thing is my entire calendar disappeared off my computer. Wait, that is misleading. The EVENTS (every single one) all disappeared off my calendar yesterday morning. DH is a techie and he said it occurred at 8:13 am. He was able to restore my historical data, which makes me VERY HAPPY because I use this tool for my scrapbooking! Unfortunately, though, everything from 12.10.10 on is gone/missing or incorrect. I'm at a loss on how to even go about recreating it. Luckily, I noticed my phone calendar still exists (not completely accurate nor current, but more recent than the other version) and I did NOT sync it. It would have been erased, too, if I had. I plugged it into the wall yesterday to charge instead. So, I am somewhat blind on my obligations over the new few days/weeks/months and that is stressing me out now. I put Five Flowers in my water this morning because it (the stress) felt that strong. EEK! (And I have been doing a LOT of conscious breathing lately.)

Anyway, part of me feels it is a sign and I am laughing over the message. lol.gif In the end, whatever I don't get back into the calendar simply wasn't meant to be. I *can* be quite philosophical about these types of things, but it takes me a few minutes to step out of the day-to-day reality sometimes.

I'm feeling like silica would be helpful for me, too.

Oh, I just recalled that I have a printout of my February calendar because of an event I went to last weekend. If I didn't recycle it already, it will be accurate as of Friday night last week. Hopefully, all my notes from that event didn't obliterate the original data.... Sheepish.gif

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#801 of 1201 Old 01-27-2011, 02:18 PM

The three calcs helped!

I added hornbeam to my water, too. I don't have elm, though.

I drove to class, but there was no parking within a mile! Came home and got to work on my calendar. I got December squared away on the old version. And I got January recreated in my new "identity" from memory. orngbiggrin.gif I found my February print-out and will work on that soon. Walking in the sunshine always helps and I always walk to get DD from school. I carried two heavy bags of books today (donation to a teacher). Good exercise! Calming and grounding, too. DD & I fixed and ate lunch together (short day). I have just as much to do as I did, but I feel more able to calmly do it all.

I love cell salts and flower essences!!! love.gif

#802 of 1201 Old 01-27-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post

I love cell salts and flower essences!!! love.gif

me too!

#803 of 1201 Old 01-27-2011, 04:09 PM

Me too!  I just bought a few essences.  I did buy the bach ones because they were the only ones available.  I have had so much success with cell salts too!  I can't believe the differences in myself and children! 

Your awesome PB!!

#804 of 1201 Old 01-28-2011, 05:51 PM

ok I only have a few minutes until baby needs me.  let's see what I can get done. . .

This Sunday we are going to a cool new business.  it is a room full of trampolines.  It is my birthday present to myself.  We bought tickets for an hour for my boys, and only a 1/2 hour for myself.  If my legs hold out for a full half hour I will be one proud mama.  My question is though that I get exercise induced asthma.  I have used Nat Sulph in the past with tremendous success, but for a specific kind of asthma - dampness induced.  Do you think it will help with exercise induced. 

Actually for a few days I've been having some tightness breathing, so I should go ahead and test nat sulph. 

ok that's it.  off to the FE thread.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#805 of 1201 Old 01-29-2011, 08:23 AM

I woke up super early for no apparent reason this morning. Tried conscious breathing and visiting the loo...still awake, so I got up.

Along comes DD, "Mommy, my throat hurts." I looked down her throat with a flashlight and there is a bit of redness; felt her neck and her glands are swollen. She quietly got the cell salts out of the master bedroom without waking Daddy. I already had the books in hand. We started with Hylands Ferr. Phos (4) and Luyties Calc. Sulph (4); then 15 minutes later, Luyties Kali Mur (4) and Luyties Calc. Sulph (4). Repeat from the beginning. She says her throat stopped hurting after the first set of cell salts. I had her continue just to make sure. Such a startling QUICK remedy!!!! So not used to this....

Just checked her throat and it still has a bit of redness, but her glands are back to normal. She seems fine now, including being hungry.

Shall I/we/she continue taking anything today? (We won't be home most of the day, but I can bring them with us.)

For future reference, should I have just let her take the first set of cell salts and be done since she said her throat stopped hurting within a couple minutes? Is it common for such a QUICK response in an otherwise healthy child?

When we first started using cell salts (Dec), she was very responsive to Hylands Bioplasma. However, we didn't get the cell salts at the very beginning of her illness, so it didn't go away for good quickly. Bioplasma made her feel better for awhile at a time. I let her dose herself as often as she wanted. This is her first acute condition since then. Her body works so differently than my own.

#806 of 1201 Old 01-29-2011, 09:33 AM

It is surprising how fast they can act.  I'm always amazed. 

From my own experience, I continue to take them as a supportive measure for a while later.  This is a good place to energy test the timing.  Even if she is feeling better, she is probably still burning through the salts and needing more, but it will probably continue at a slower rate than when she is actively uncomfortable.  When I'm really on my game I continue to give them for at least 24 hours after no symptoms, just as support (but I often forget). 

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#807 of 1201 Old 01-29-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWithin View Post

ok I only have a few minutes until baby needs me.  let's see what I can get done. . .

This Sunday we are going to a cool new business.  it is a room full of trampolines.  It is my birthday present to myself.  We bought tickets for an hour for my boys, and only a 1/2 hour for myself.  If my legs hold out for a full half hour I will be one proud mama.  My question is though that I get exercise induced asthma.  I have used Nat Sulph in the past with tremendous success, but for a specific kind of asthma - dampness induced.  Do you think it will help with exercise induced. 

Actually for a few days I've been having some tightness breathing, so I should go ahead and test nat sulph. 

ok that's it.  off to the FE thread.

you could test the asthma combo as well-that seems to be a great match for so many with asthma.  kali phos, mag phos, nat mur, nat sulph.

#808 of 1201 Old 01-29-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWithin View Post

It is surprising how fast they can act.  I'm always amazed. 

From my own experience, I continue to take them as a supportive measure for a while later.  This is a good place to energy test the timing.  Even if she is feeling better, she is probably still burning through the salts and needing more, but it will probably continue at a slower rate than when she is actively uncomfortable.  When I'm really on my game I continue to give them for at least 24 hours after no symptoms, just as support (but I often forget). 

this.  I dose frequently at the beginning and then back off as things improve.

#809 of 1201 Old 01-29-2011, 09:47 AM

Thanks! I had her take Bioplasma a half-hour after the last of the other cell salts. We're bringing the Bioplasma with us today. She doesn't want anything else. (She's 9 and I am big on letting her make decisions and live with the consequences...when they fall within certain guidelines, which this does.)

We have an early morning playdate going on right now (helping out another family) and then we're all off for the day. I feel like *I* should take something, but I'm not sure what..... I might have a few minutes to myself for the pendulum. The girls aren't quite settled down yet...

#810 of 1201 Old 01-29-2011, 10:33 AM

They settled down and I got a few minutes to myself with my pendulum and cell salts and flower essences. Yes, Hylands bioplasma for DD today (4x). I took the ones indicated at the time and have forgotten them already (calc something, Luyties bioplasma, and one other). Vervain (6 drops) and rock water (1 drop) in my water for the day....first time for me on rock water. Magenta self-healer and ferr phos to go with us, but I didn't get clear answers on how often to take. I'm still learning how to ask questions....

Tags
Health Healing

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page