Tell me about cell salts. - Page 29 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#841 of 1201 Old 02-05-2011, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

K, I don't really know for sure, but I'm guessing with all the pendulum talk in this thread you guys are talking about some form of divination or something? Does anyone have a link to a quick how-to on this? Anything that can help me figure out what I'm doing with the cell salts, homeopathics and FEs is a welcome addition to my tool kit.

FAs, co-sleeping, babywearing, extended nursing, positive parenting, homeschooler

#842 of 1201 Old 02-07-2011, 06:47 AM

I wanted to add a success story for adult teeth issues with cell salts, since there are a lot of great stories about using cell salts for babies/kids teeth problems. My mom has had problems with her gums/teeth for a while now, and she's had to have several teeth pulled because they were loose in their sockets and about to fall out. She had partial dentures made to replace them, but she didn't like using them because they made her gums feel sore and uncomfortable. So, I consulted the biochemic handbook and got her calc fluor for teeth loose in sockets and ferrum phos for the gum inflammation. It's only been two weeks but she tells me that she can now wear her partial dentures without any discomfort and her gums are less inflamed. I am so amazed that it's made a difference in such a short time. I'm hoping that she won't have to get her other loose teeth pulled if she keeps taking the cell salts.

Mom to DS born 6/09 and DS2 born 6/12

#843 of 1201 Old 02-07-2011, 06:51 AM

awesome! does she take them together, 3x/day, 4 tablets/each at a time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo123 View Post

I wanted to add a success story for adult teeth issues with cell salts, since there are a lot of great stories about using cell salts for babies/kids teeth problems. My mom has had problems with her gums/teeth for a while now, and she's had to have several teeth pulled because they were loose in their sockets and about to fall out. She had partial dentures made to replace them, but she didn't like using them because they made her gums feel sore and uncomfortable. So, I consulted the biochemic handbook and got her calc fluor for teeth loose in sockets and ferrum phos for the gum inflammation. It's only been two weeks but she tells me that she can now wear her partial dentures without any discomfort and her gums are less inflamed. I am so amazed that it's made a difference in such a short time. I'm hoping that she won't have to get her other loose teeth pulled if she keeps taking the cell salts.

#844 of 1201 Old 02-07-2011, 06:59 AM

Yes, she takes both of them at the same time, 4 tablets of each kind 3 times a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandk0610 View Post

awesome! does she take them together, 3x/day, 4 tablets/each at a time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo123 View Post

#845 of 1201 Old 02-07-2011, 07:06 AM

Gabbyraja, I'm no expert so hopefully others will weigh in, but I did get a crystal pendulum (from etsy) but I haven't had a chance to really play with it yet. But I think you can make your own too. I did ask it to show me the yes and no swings and they were different! There are some threads on this topic, but here's one that I read a while ago: http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/908247/crystal-testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbyraja View Post

K, I don't really know for sure, but I'm guessing with all the pendulum talk in this thread you guys are talking about some form of divination or something? Does anyone have a link to a quick how-to on this? Anything that can help me figure out what I'm doing with the cell salts, homeopathics and FEs is a welcome addition to my tool kit.

#846 of 1201 Old 02-07-2011, 10:30 AM

Hi, I was just reading through this thread and came across your note. My DS [now 5] takes a 'form' of vitamins made similar to homeopathic pills. My mom found them on www.elixirs.com. She got him a bottle of Vitamin K and Super B combo, he has been taking cell salts and remedies since infancy. They have a search engine on the site, you just write in what you're looking for and if they carry it, they'll find it for you.

You can also ask questions of their onsite practitioner.

Just a thought. Have a great day. :>))

#847 of 1201 Old 02-07-2011, 02:24 PM

Is there anything I can give for adult teeth that aren't growing in in the right position? Poor ds1- his teeth are a wreck. :( His front two teeth are coming in too far apart, and the dentist is concerned. I'm giving him #1, #2, and silica 3 times a day (4 if I remember). Anything else I should get for him?

Also, what can I use for the beginnings of a cold? I have bioplasma coming, but it's not here yet. This is ds2, and his colds recently turn into breathing problems (with 3 ER visits so far), so I want to hit it hard.

I'm using a homeopathic remedy I found at the drugstore, Coryzalia, and giving it 3x a day, per the instructions.

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#848 of 1201 Old 02-07-2011, 02:27 PM

teeth: calc fluor

cold: ferrum phos

#849 of 1201 Old 02-07-2011, 02:31 PM

Ok, I'm giving him calc fluor (I forget the names and go by the numbers. lol). It's only been a couple of weeks, so hopefully it makes a difference!!

I'll head to the hfs to get ferrum phos today. I'll be ecstatic if this works! Nat sulph is the asthma one, right? I should get it to have on hand just in case.

#850 of 1201 Old 02-07-2011, 03:57 PM

Ok- I want to join in!! I've been trying to read all the past posts and I just got a set of cell salts. I had been using bioplasma before but now i want to get into the single ones.

Current issue- we all just got over a flu like illness (who knows if it was The Flu) with fevers, cold symptoms, cough. My oldest ds- 7- got it the worst with very high fevers and was out of school for 5 days. He still seems exhausted. So what to aid his return to health? Second ds seems fine. The baby (10 months) has a really runny nose although i think she is also teething. What concerns me is coughing. What would be the best for a cough at the tail end of a virus. it sounds pretty loose.

TIA!

#851 of 1201 Old 02-07-2011, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

ARGH!  ds has this truly annoying "ahem" cough.  All. The. Time. for the past few days.  He says his throat is itchy and that's why he clears his throat (it's not really a cough, more like a smoker's grunt - odd since we don't smoke nor does he).  Better outside.  I had him intuit his cell salts yesterday but we only managed to get one dose in before bedtime.  And he picked so many that I didn't take note of them.  I've tried pulsatilla 30C for a few doses over the past day but that hasn't helped either.  He's been slurping down slippery elm throat lozenges like they're going out of style.  Concomitants: fiery red anal area though it isn't bothering him anymore; hangnails.

Meh - it was either the fig newtons that he dove into when I wasn't looking or the blood orange fizzy drink a friend brought over (seriously, I thought it was orange soda when I tasted it).  I've been stuffing probiotic powder into him, with spirulina.  Maybe some sauerkraut juice tonight.

Any cell salt tips before I go insane?

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#852 of 1201 Old 02-07-2011, 04:06 PM

deir~ i asked a similar question and got told silica. :-) (helps get stuff out)

been reading lots today....

question: for pms/hormonal anxiety: kali phos or kali sulph? or.....?? kali phos sounds most likely, given what i was reading, but i had pulsitilla homeopathic on my list for the same thing, and read that kali sulph is the cell salt most like puls.... wondering if it would have the same sort of effect, though. anyone have a rec?

#853 of 1201 Old 02-07-2011, 05:04 PM

yes, silica gets stuff out.  not so painful with cell salts.  be cautious if you go to homeopathic silica.

aweyn - i'm not sure.  when i've got pms, i go straight for pulsatilla.  or silica.  i'm still riding the landscape between them until i can get a dose of psorinum to clarify the picture (according to my mentor).

#854 of 1201 Old 02-08-2011, 03:27 PM

bluets, for pms-- homeopathic silica, or cell salt? i've been hitting the cell salt heavily, and it helped. 

did you find something for ds's cough? ds was doing it, and it's gotten better since we started the silica. could be a coincidence, though. would silica help the hangnails, or would that be calc flor? i'm starting to "get" it......... ;-)

#855 of 1201 Old 02-08-2011, 05:33 PM

well, i gave him calc phos, calc sulph, kali mur, kali phos, nat mur, nat phos and silica this evening.  he was feeling pukey AND he coughed up a big junk ball at school (i.e., a huge mucus glob) and oops swallowed it (so i have no idea if i'm dealing with yellow or white discharge)... AND he's been very irritable and impatient.  it's hard to get a bunch of regular doses into him when he's at school and i'm at work - i have to guess in the morning and hope that he'll drink his water throughout the day, not just at one time during the day.

#856 of 1201 Old 02-08-2011, 08:43 PM

I spent a few minutes with my cell salts and pendulum. Feeling pretty icky today: cold symptoms, exhausted from a late night, stressful pile-up of situations today, and to top it off...I could literally feel my body swelling and puffing up. and a wicked headache came on. Nearly all of them tested positive at random numbers (1-4 each of I think 8 - I only have 11). To be honest, I didn't give the cell salts a whole lot of time to work before I grabbed chocolate. Ahhh....

(I also spritzed my YES FE blend in my mouth since I missed my mid-day dose.)

Ugh. I'm guessing my menstrual cycle is due tonight or tomorrow.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#857 of 1201 Old 02-09-2011, 04:58 AM

that's something that can definitely be addressed with salts, but to be honest you see more results the longer you're using them (as the body builds it's stores.)  You might try mag phos and nat sulph if you have them.  Mag phos is for that achiness along with the headache and any cramping (and the need is what drives you to eat chocolate!)  Nat sulph helps with water retention.  It can flush out the interstitial fluid.

#858 of 1201 Old 02-09-2011, 11:55 AM

I used my pendulum to test cell salts again this morning...9 of my 11 in varying quantities (2-4 each)...nat sulph and mag phos were definitely in there. The only two I did NOT take were kali phos and silica (and I don't have nat phos, yet). Bioplasma came up for three times today @ 3 each time.

My period has not started yet, but the swelling is amazing. I went from having my jeans loose yesterday morning to UNCOMFORTABLY snug by early evening. I traded them in for pj bottoms at that point, which is also when I took the cell salts. This morning the same jeans are comfortable, not tight, not loose. I took my usual walk this morning...

No other symptoms of PMS except the headache, which really could have been due to the crazy stress of yesterday. No headache today. Even the cold symptoms have abated today. Fascinating!

I am ready to order the nat phos that was out of stock my first order. DD is about out of Bioplasma 6x, so I'll also order that. (I inadvertently ordered Bio 12x in my first order, which tests good for me. 6x tests best for her.) The ferrum phos is Hyland's brand (and half gone) and I much prefer the Luyties, so I will also order that. Anything else you would recommend?

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#859 of 1201 Old 02-09-2011, 01:12 PM

I just looked at one of the cell salt charts- might Kali Mur (in addition to ferrum phos) be helpful for ds2? He has lots of mucous, and from what I remember, mucous is part of the problem in bronchiolitis (which is what half of the doctor's dx'ed him with. The other half dx'ed him with asthma)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevaMajka View Post

Also, what can I use for the beginnings of a cold? I have bioplasma coming, but it's not here yet. This is ds2, and his colds recently turn into breathing problems (with 3 ER visits so far), so I want to hit it hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

teeth: calc fluor

cold: ferrum phos

#860 of 1201 Old 02-09-2011, 01:22 PM

yes, mucus is not technically first stage, but if he's moved to that then definitely kali mur could be quite helpful.  what color is it?  what is the consistency?  In general, the cough, cold, catarrh combo is excellent for bronchitis and other chesty issues.  That is Ferr Phos, Kali Mur, Mag Phos, Nat Mur, Nat Sulph.  that can be easier to do than try and follow it with single salts in a kiddo.

Also, using a remedy in addition to the salts may be a good bet at this point.  That and something like garlic poultices to help thin the mucus as well.  GL!

#861 of 1201 Old 02-09-2011, 02:17 PM

His mucous is thick and yellowish, but light.

I love the idea of the combos, but it's hard to find them here. I haven't found a Canadian online site that sells them other than well.ca, and if it comes from the states it usually takes weeks to get here. I can get the single salts locally, but then again, they are expensive- $14 for a 500 tab bottle. It would definitely be cheaper to get the combos from the states and wait!

I'm really excited though. To tell you the truth, I've never been a big believer in homeopathy (though cell salts seemed more promising to me), but I've been using the coryzalia or whatever it is on J, and it's been 2 or 3 days and absolutely no signs of breathing problems (the last 3 times, it's been bad by this point). I just managed to get out today to get the ferrum phos, so I can't give it credit.

#862 of 1201 Old 02-09-2011, 02:22 PM

I wish we thought about it!  I'd have sent it with the other things.

#863 of 1201 Old 02-09-2011, 02:56 PM

orngtongue.gif Yep - I always seem to find one more thing I "need" after I place an order. lol.

I may just get the kali mur and go with the ferrum phos and that for now.  

From reading about it, kali mur might be useful for us for digestion anyways. :)

eta- I got the kali mur just now. :)

#864 of 1201 Old 02-09-2011, 08:28 PM

I came down with a flu like illness Monday and I took 8 doses of bioplasma (which is currently the only cell salt I have). I didn't feel any immediate relief, probably could have used a single salt. Day three and I'm feeling ok, I'm still sore in my muscles and low energy. Other than fever, achyness, chills I had a sour stomach and loose stool. I wonder if the lactose in the salts are bothering me. I don't tolerate dairy well and don't have much in my diet other than cheese now and then and butter. I wonder when I order a set of salts if it is just safer for me to get lactose free?

One great side note- the skin on my hands is healthy, it is usually dry and cracked, heavy dosing with bioplasma must have done it!

We create our own reality.
#865 of 1201 Old 02-10-2011, 05:07 AM

Going to the dentist today to have my teeth cleaned.  My teeth are very sensitive and I was wondering if I start dosing with calc fluor

a few hours before I go if that would help w the sensitivity while I'm there.  My dentist is awesome and cleanings are a pleasure but when my teeth are sensitive I cringe. I was planning on using the calc fluor and calc phos for wks before my apt but I didn't.  Anyways, any suggestions?   

#866 of 1201 Old 02-10-2011, 04:32 PM

All right, you guys have convinced me, I'm going to give this a shot. I have a cavity that has apparently been unchanged for at least the last nine years (it's between teeth, so they can't actually see it). It has recently started bothering me a little, so the dentist wanted to fill it, but I told them I wanted to hold off. I am going to try the cell salts (calc flour, calc phos & silica, right?) along with my usual teeth cleaning, and see what they say at the next set of X-rays in Aug. I also have heard about using clay for teeth, so I will look into that as well, but that is a different thread, I'm thinking!

#867 of 1201 Old 02-10-2011, 05:48 PM

Okapi, check out the Healing Cavities sticky in Dental too, nutrition changes (food or supps or both) can be helpful as well (at least vitamin D, depending on where you live).

#868 of 1201 Old 02-10-2011, 06:29 PM

I got caught up in life and forgot to order. However, they called me this morning to let me know the nat phos is back in stock and I could reorder it now with free shipping and I could add to the order (still free shipping). I took that opportunity and my order shipped today! love.gif

#869 of 1201 Old 02-10-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post

I got caught up in life and forgot to order. However, they called me this morning to let me know the nat phos is back in stock and I could reorder it now with free shipping and I could add to the order (still free shipping). I took that opportunity and my order shipped today! love.gif

Wow, I'm super-impressed.  When I order stuff that turns out to be out of stock (it seems to be in-stock when I order/pay), all I get is a note on my Invoice (the one that arrives with my shipment, not anything via email ahead of time) saying X is not available, I should wait 10 days before trying to re-order.  That's happened twice to me, I was completely underwhelmed by their customer service, but I like the products so I keep ordering.  I'm so glad it's worked out better for you!

#870 of 1201 Old 02-12-2011, 07:49 AM

I waited a few weeks - way past ten days - close to a month...maybe that's why? I am definitely grateful! orngbiggrin.gif

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page