Mothering Forum banner

Tell me about cell salts.

131K views 1K replies 123 participants last post by  Dhalia14 
#1 ·
I've seen these around - does anyone take them, and why?

TIA!

#953 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

yes! because issues are going to tend to pop up that have things in common. for instance if I were looking at dd's or dh's case, so much of their acute AND chronic stuff is reflected in their "constitutional" salts. It's hard to get away from it. Now, you can misinterpret the issues, use peripheral salts to manage them etc....but when you look at the WHOLE picture there's no question they are calc fluor. Now, if you don't have a really deep understanding of the cell salts, here's what might happen...you may say, well....they need calc fluor for x, y, z, but he also needs calc phos, kali phos and nat phos. She clearly needs silica based on x, y, z. She probably would do well with kali mur too. And if you gave them, they would likely help. BUT, if you looked at the real boring nerdy stuff (lol from the FE thread!) you'd quickly see that what you ascribed to silica or kali mur has significant crossover with calc fluor. And if you just gave that, you would get just as far, maybe even further, faster.

Really, they're a perfect modality because they're hard to get wrong! It takes more skill to hone in on things but you can still stumble along and have great results! So, to answer the question from before...yes. focus on what's in front of you. that's going to shift continuously and patterns are going to emerge. as long as you pay attention to those patterns you're going to get pretty far.

I'd recommend as you read through the books, keep a page for each individual you are thinking about. when you come across a symptom that stands out for someone, write in on their page. The more you lay things out in front of you, the more a remedy is going to start emerging.
I do this and I've found those people have benefited but also my growth in energy medicine has grown greatly because of this. I study much more actively this way.

#954 ·
Wow, PB! So nicely put. Great reminder of the power of caring, touch and love. I am definitely in need of slowing things down and reconnecting with my family :)

I have been doing what you suggested above--reading and writing down symptoms and what I think are the corresponding cell salts. But I am becoming overwhelmed by fitting the pieces altogether. So much to learn....

#957 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttcintexas View Post

I have been doing what you suggested above--reading and writing down symptoms and what I think are the corresponding cell salts. But I am becoming overwhelmed by fitting the pieces altogether. So much to learn....
one thing i've noticed is that i do better with it if i'm reading different things. seems like everyone has a different take, and sometimes it just takes one person's slightly different wording on something to make you go--ah! ah-HA! NOW i get it!

#958 ·
Quote:

BUT, if you looked at the real boring nerdy stuff (lol from the FE thread!) you'd quickly see that what you ascribed to silica or kali mur has significant crossover with calc fluor. And if you just gave that, you would get just as far, maybe even further, faster.
yes, this. that's part of what i've been getting at with the NA flowers...... or like what you said about walnut/aspen vs yarrow.

i wonder, too, if there isnt something to even almost ignoring certain symptoms. i know i've gotten side tracked, because so many of us actually have so many symptoms each salt is good for..... but what i found was that if i focused on.... what felt like "key" symptoms.. symptoms that resonated deeper, almost? it helped me wade thru that, and not be distracted by some of the lesser ones-- which can either be treated later, or like with me, may even vanish on their own with the "constitutional".....

i found, fairly simply, using this method, a "remedy" (salt) for dh. now, i dont know if it's really "his" or not, but he's been on it not quite one month, and.... his energy feels different. he is not at all intuitive, so he hasnt "noticed".... and yet he keeps coming home telling me what an amazing day he had, how great he feels.....

#959 ·
Quote:

well, in my case I've been under classical treatment for 15 plus years. I've had many practitioners chasing a remedy that was going to help. None ever did for me on a constitutional level. Until a little over a year ago. I started taking a remedy on my own (which I never did for anything other than an acute) because I was fed up with things not working and because I had facial analysis done that narrowed things down. Once I knew my dominant miasm for sure, I knew the remedy and it was one that no one had ever given me. So I started taking it and it changed my life completely. I had some very deep stuff that it touched and shifted that was not subjective at all and has been clinically verified. If I lapse, I regress. If I'm taking my remedy I don't need to wear my glasses, which I've worn since toddlerhood. If I'm off it, my headaches return and glasses are necessary-especially if I'm tired. that's one example. I have had over a dozen surgeries on my eyes starting at 5 months of age. I NEVER would have expected that homeopathy could touch this. But it did. So, because my pathology is so deep and so old I do continue to take the remedy. However if I wasn't building the foundation with cell salts I think I'd be on it for pretty much the rest of my life-there is a lot of trauma to undo. With the salts I can go for a few weeks without taking it and I suspect that sometime this year I'll be able to give it up-at least for very long stretches of time.

I think building with the salts is better for most! I just didn't have anyone that ever did that with me. That was something I finally woke up to and realized was necessary-and to be fair, in my case it was a fairly obvious correlation. It won't always be. But for you, if you were taking silica 30c you might have deeper, more profound changes more quickly (maybe) but the silica salt is allowing you to go slowly and really integrate things. It's not a great idea to take a homeopathic remedy long term without a practitioner, mainly because it's hard to evaluate yourself-for anyone! It's fine to use them as needed, and when you get sick you may find that silica in potency gets the job done really fast....but you are also going to be primed to heal because of your use of the salts.

I know this is confusing, and I'm sorry! There are a lot of layers here and again, you are only getting my perspective and feedback which is all based on my experiences. Someone else may have a totally different take that could be equally as valid. Does that make sense?
actually, it's not all that confusing... except for one thing i've been wondering....... you say you found your dominant miasm. now, i believe you, BUT i have this thing with that. how do you really know? i've read a little about them, and when people write these amazing stories of recovery, there's always this "and now, we're down to the REAL miasm"... and i always want to say-- but how can you know that? is it because of health restored? because, cant there always be something deeper?

ok, here's where i am going with this on a personal level..... when i was one, i had a fairly serious illness. one that relates, intriguingly, very very nicely with silica. it was an inhalation of renovation dust (quite possibly, silicates? ha.). and some spores--which lead to something called valley fever. which can leave people after with a basically life long weakened state. (i should add that, i was born one month early, although supposedly in excellent health when i was born.) would it be too ironic if silica was actually also my constitutional before that illness..... or, might not all this (centaury,silica) be a..... what would you call it? not-true miasm? but something that resulted because of this illness at the age of one............ and my "true miasm" is burried somewhere beneath that?

#960 ·
so, here's the thing. There isn't even an agreement in homeopathy for what a miasm truly is. We can all spout what Hahnemann said, we can quote Chronic Diseases til the cows come home....but what does that mean in the real world? Are there layers? Do they change? Do different things get revealed as you dig? Or is it constant? Is it a layer of disease, or is it something totally different? A way your body/mind/spirit compensates under stress?

Now, I love miasms so I've studied them ad nauseaum. I don't know all there is to know. However there is a definition that had the ring of truth to me. A miasm is how your body handles stress and how it expresses creativity. It is a cellular memory that is held by the collective unconscious and there is evidence that dated back through recorded history.

It's aligned with what Hahnemann expressed and explains the world as I see it. In this system determination of miasm is basically a mathematical process. There's very little room for subjective interpretation. The miasm is your energy and how you interface with the world. There are three different directions of energy, and you can be dominant in one, or multiple directions, but we all have all of them. The dominance is displayed on your face (for very good reason) and it does not change. It's who you are in the world and will define how you process and interpret things. It will also give a clue as to your personality, your strengths and weaknesses.

So, after a examination and measurement of my face it was clear that I have an equal amount of inward and outward energy, classically known as the tubercular miasm. I may express this in different ways, but it is who I am, how I function, what drives me and how I am in personal relationships. Once I knew for sure that it was the dominant miasm I took a tubercular remedy. There are lots, but once I knew to look for one there was one that jumped off the page.

I went and got trained over the course of a year in facial analysis and I can say that I am shocked at how deeply effective it was. More shocking is the fact that during a seminar where in a room of 100 homeopaths taking a case, often you'll have 60-70 remedy selections, and in this system with 100 homeopaths working a case you have 2-3. It makes things that precise.

This changed the way I practice and what I love about it is that there's nothing to be "fixed." I never really believed there was. There's just ways a person reacts under stress that can be supported. Once a remedy is chosen that is aligned with the dominant energy system it can go deeper and is more likely to be that constitutional remedy. Theory is all well and good, but the reason this shines is because it actually translates into practice. Anyway, just another perspective, but I am quite confident that miasms, if you define them this way, do not change. But, as I said, there are many definitions of miasms. For me, I tend to look for what works, and this system does.

Each miasm is aligned with a primal archetype, the role you would play in traditional society. It's SHOCKING how they relate to modern life. For instance, I'm green (tubercular) and the archetype is the hunter. A hunter would be incredibly sensitive to noise/motion as a survival mechanism. Under stress the first thing that may happen is the nervous system goes haywire where any stimulation created a sensory overload. They would also not do well cornered (physically or emotionally) because that is something that would set off a stronger stress response for a hunter vs. say...a craftsman. Because of the combination of inward or outward energy the response under stress would either be to lash out and fight or withdraw. Just an example, but one that translates incredibly well. Before my face was done I knew what color I'd be. After reading the material there was no question, so having the facial analysis just verified it.

#961 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post

is it because of health restored? because, cant there always be something deeper?

ok, here's where i am going with this on a personal level..... when i was one, i had a fairly serious illness. one that relates, intriguingly, very very nicely with silica. it was an inhalation of renovation dust (quite possibly, silicates? ha.). and some spores--which lead to something called valley fever. which can leave people after with a basically life long weakened state. (i should add that, i was born one month early, although supposedly in excellent health when i was born.) would it be too ironic if silica was actually also my constitutional before that illness..... or, might not all this (centaury,silica) be a..... what would you call it? not-true miasm? but something that resulted because of this illness at the age of one............ and my "true miasm" is burried somewhere beneath that?
so firstly for clarification purposes, silica is a remedy, not a miasm. A miasm is what you came into the world with and is fairly intertwined with genetics, or epigenetics, as the case may be. For our purposes, and based on this part of my training, silica belongs to the brown or "cancer" miasm (dont' freak out...the miasms have terrible names.) It's a combination of equal dominance in inward, outward and circular energy. If you had all of those equally present on your face then it's possible that it is your true constitutional remedy. However if you are circular dominant, you could still be helped by silica....quite a bit. But it would not be likely to be YOUR remedy.

And yes, there is always going to be something deeper...but you aren't ever likely to change how you manage in health, in disease, in happiness or in grief. You will always be you, it's just a matter of what kind of stress you are under. For instance if process stress a certain way, you're likely to always process it in that way...but what stresses you, or the level of stress required to push you to that point, could change.

If your body is dominant in circular energy and likes to trap and encapsulate that has physical/mental and emotional ramifications. In health, you wouldn't see symptoms necessarily, but you'd have a person who was family oriented, fostered growth, liked to create things. This is archetypally the farmer, the person who is most tuned in to fertility or the land, animals etc. In disease you can see tumors, cysts, warts, mucus, asthma, anxiety, panic, communication issues, a detachment from others as a result. etc. A person dominant in circular energy is going to have patterns of balance or imbalance that follow that circular energy and will look different from a person with dominant outward energy. Does that make sense? YES, you can have things that are deeper, but they will follow that pattern.

So for health being restored? No, I wouldn't say it is really defined in that way. Being able to rebuild is more like it. You are the product of your life's experiences, so you won't go backward. You will integrate fully and become a more functional human being with less pathology and more creative ability.

And my theory is that centaury is also "brown." so silica and centaury likely belong to the same miasm.

#962 ·
Panserbjorne, you are a fascinating woman! You have a gift of explaining complex ideas in ways that make sense to me.

I would like to learn more about the maisms, particularly the "farmer" or circularly dominant concepts. That is ringing all sorts of bells with me. Are there books I can find at the library? Are there links to online articles or ebooks or websites? Are there threads here on MDC? Feel free to elaborate in your own words, as well.

If I am understanding correctly, this is what you were saying to me in my congestion thread. If so, how does one start rebuilding? I've seen you use that term before and I've been curious.

#963 ·
to rebuild, in this context, would be to reduce the stress (via the correct remedy) so that you weren't working against a stress response. once that resistance is eliminated, healing can happen.

The only book out there is called Soul and Survival by Grant Bentley. It was written for people who wanted to understand the basic concepts. It's fascinating. There's some stuff online, but it's not great. I didn't realize the depth of the system until I started working with him. The book is quite riveting though.

This is an article on Homeopathic Facial Analysis:

http://www.homeorizon.com/homeopathic-articles/materia-medica/face-reading

and some free seminars:

http://soulandsurvival.org/content/grant-bentley-seminars

I have found it to be extremely useful and Grant was probably one of my best, if not the best teacher I had for homeopathy. I worked several cases alongside him and was always delighted to see the concepts play out, as they continue to in my practice.

#965 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post

That article was fascinating, and it was laid out in such a simple, straightforward way that even I could follow.

Thanks!
that's one of the things I love about him. there's no ego block. he's possibly one of the most brilliant people I've met, but he is incredibly down to earth. He doesn't believe that he's "better" or "smarter" than anyone. Sadly, he doesn't like cell salts!

#966 ·
I look forward to reading this thread every night! I've read your posts about them, but now a bright light is shining ahead! I can't wait to read the article on it.

On a whiny note, I have to report I am no better, my body is fighting hard to win over this infection. Every night my fever returns with a slight headache and my joints ache badly. This is about day 5 of these symptoms and I have been downing cell salt water all day long ( the 5 phosphates) I can't remember the last time I was this sick. And I just remembered today that in January I had to get a flu shot and the hepatitis a and b shots. I was horrified and tried every avenue I could not to get them. So far I have not read about vaccine damage in the biochemical handbook. I really want these cell salts to work for me, but so far I have had a bunch of misses.

Sorry to change the subject from such a powerful idea into a self centered acute problem.

#968 ·
[/I
Huge face palm, I completely forgot I started taking iodine a week ago!!! How could I forget?!? I started with 300mcg and the first few days i didnt feel any different. Talk about brain fog! I am flushing with sea salt now and rubbed some mag oil into my skin.

PB- I would love a remedy, I have some on hand. Can we do an email or phone session? I'll contact you in the morning.

#970 ·
Quote:

..but what does that mean in the real world? Are there layers? Do they change? Do different things get revealed as you dig? Or is it constant? Is it a layer of disease, or is it something totally different? A way your body/mind/spirit compensates under stress?

Now, I love miasms so I've studied them ad nauseaum. I don't know all there is to know. However there is a definition that had the ring of truth to me. A miasm is how your body handles stress and how it expresses creativity. It is a cellular memory that is held by the collective unconscious and there is evidence that dated back through recorded history.

The miasm is your energy and how you interface with the world. There are three different directions of energy, and you can be dominant in one, or multiple directions, but we all have all of them. The dominance is displayed on your face (for very good reason) and it does not change. It's who you are in the world and will define how you process and interpret things. It will also give a clue as to your personality, your strengths and weaknesses.

this makes so much more sense to me, intuitively, than what i was reading. i wont express it as well as i'd like, but it was feeling like what i was reading was saying-- diseases were so big and so disruptive that you were literally a different person with them, and if you treated the miasm of that illness, you would be healed, and be you again (in other words, even if you healed from the illness, the miasm of the illness was still affecting you, unless you treated that). the thought of the illness i had at the age of one doing that to me was.... well, compelling, but disturbing. lol.

now i'm going to try to relate that to what we talk about with FEs, of "peeling layers".... only, i'm not even sure how to ask it..... ok, maybe i'm not going to relate it to that. *sigh* i'll get there. i can feel that it's a different thing, but my mind had been trying to link them, so it will take a while for my mind to change its.... uh, mind. lol.

..... More shocking is the fact that during a seminar where in a room of 100 homeopaths taking a case, often you'll have 60-70 remedy selections, and in this system with 100 homeopaths working a case you have 2-3. It makes things that precise.

This changed the way I practice and what I love about it is that there's nothing to be "fixed." I never really believed there was. There's just ways a person reacts under stress that can be supported. Once a remedy is chosen that is aligned with the dominant energy system it can go deeper and is more likely to be that constitutional remedy. Theory is all well and good, but the reason this shines is because it actually translates into practice. Anyway, just another perspective, but I am quite confident that miasms, if you define them this way, do not change. But, as I said, there are many definitions of miasms. For me, I tend to look for what works, and this system does.

i love the not to be fixed, as well. i was talking with someone about FEs, and that came up..."am i broken?" they asked. this feels much better, and nicely inline, too, with FEs, in that sense.

under this, then... does one take a constitutional all the time, or just when one "needs" it...??

i think what i was reading was basically saying you take one "constitutional" to heal your miasm, then once that peels away, you find your new miasm, take a remedy for that... and so on.... i could be misreading it, but that was how it seemed to be coming across... which is a thought so.... undless... it's dispiriting.

<added other post as well....>

so firstly for clarification purposes, silica is a remedy, not a miasm. (right, got that) A miasm is what you came into the world with and is fairly intertwined with genetics, or epigenetics, as the case may be. For our purposes, and based on this part of my training, silica belongs to the brown or "cancer" miasm (dont' freak out...the miasms have terrible names.) It's a combination of equal dominance in inward, outward and circular energy. If you had all of those equally present on your face then it's possible that it is your true constitutional remedy. However if you are circular dominant, you could still be helped by silica....quite a bit. But it would not be likely to be YOUR remedy.

And yes, there is always going to be something deeper...but you aren't ever likely to change how you manage in health, in disease, in happiness or in grief. You will always be you, it's just a matter of what kind of stress you are under. For instance if process stress a certain way, you're likely to always process it in that way...but what stresses you, or the level of stress required to push you to that point, could change.

If your body is dominant in circular energy and likes to trap and encapsulate that has physical/mental and emotional ramifications. In health, you wouldn't see symptoms necessarily, but you'd have a person who was family oriented, fostered growth, liked to create things. This is archetypally the farmer, the person who is most tuned in to fertility or the land, animals etc. In disease you can see tumors, cysts, warts, mucus, asthma, anxiety, panic, communication issues, a detachment from others as a result. etc. A person dominant in circular energy is going to have patterns of balance or imbalance that follow that circular energy and will look different from a person with dominant outward energy. Does that make sense? YES, you can have things that are deeper, but they will follow that pattern.

that last bit really helps. and makes much more sense in my gut, than what i'd been reading.

but.... i'm getting confused... is cancer/brown dominant in circular energy or equal in all three?

So for health being restored? No, I wouldn't say it is really defined in that way. Being able to rebuild is more like it. You are the product of your life's experiences, so you won't go backward. You will integrate fully and become a more functional human being with less pathology and more creative ability.

no, i like that so much better. like i said, what i was reading was really talking in a very different way, and really had it as someone's health being restored (after treating a "false"(?) miasm), and therefore they were now able to see the "real" miasm. (in otherwords, the "real" miasm was blocked by the illness-- and so, presenting a "false" one.... so, removing the illness "restored" that person to their true miasm.) this could maybe be more confusing if we tried hard, lol.

And my theory is that centaury is also "brown." so silica and centaury likely belong to the same miasm
well, purely on a gut level, i am totally a brown. and silica and centaury are certainly key for me, if not "constitutional"... fwiw, i did take the face wizard, and came up as brown. i laughed after, that i spent all that time doing something when i already "knew" the answer....

#971 ·
Quote:

that's one of the things I love about him. there's no ego block. he's possibly one of the most brilliant people I've met, but he is incredibly down to earth. He doesn't believe that he's "better" or "smarter" than anyone. Sadly, he doesn't like cell salts!
hmmm.... do they maybe not fit his groupings as well? have you personally figured out which cell salts correspond to each of his maisms? or is it not quite that simple? (i love simple things, in case you hadnt figured that out, lol)

ETA: oh, and, if one wanted to get the bottle of 50,000 cell salts, where would one find them? i looked on 1-800, and they just have 500.

#972 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post

hmmm.... do they maybe not fit his groupings as well? have you personally figured out which cell salts correspond to each of his maisms? or is it not quite that simple? (i love simple things, in case you hadnt figured that out, lol)

ETA: oh, and, if one wanted to get the bottle of 50,000 cell salts, where would one find them? i looked on 1-800, and they just have 500.
I have some and put in an order for more through BestMade. There is only one distributor in the US and he's sold out, but should have new stock coming in in the next few months. YAY for that! You can email me if you want more information. I love those giant bottles.

#973 ·
and sorry....I was illustrating the difference between solely circular energy (red) and brown, which is an equal combination.

and to the other question...in this system there is nothing to heal. Yes, some people practice that way and are looking at it as a disease layer. This system just looks at it as a survival mechanism which is something that is right and simply needs to be supported. The more support you have the less you are going to have to revert to the place of "survival" and can be in the "soul" state, which is loving, creative, allows you to be in joy and give back to the world. If you are in survival and under stress you are incapable of that as you are living out your patterns of compensation.

No suprise on the brown thing! The online wizard isn't great, and there's only a 2 feature margin of error so people rarely come up as what they actually are. However, for you? I think you did fine. I'd be suprised if you weren't brown.

#974 ·
yessss i want the big bottles. i'll email you. :)

i agree. the "support"--- i love that word choice so much better. and makes it all so much more "do-able" imo.

still want to get at what's bugging me re:FEs and this overall concept, but i think that will be maybe next week's project, lol.

and yes, i cant imagine not being a brown. all my "type" things are like that. total libra, total enfp......

(if anyone else wanted to do the wizard, i'd suggest doing it in front of a mirror, rather than with photos.... and, you have to be really willing to look at yourself. honestly. lol. and probably hear yourself say, "gak! my chin looks just like grandma's....." just so you know. lol)

#975 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post

Would there be value in working my way from the most acute issues (as they occur) to the most aggravating issues (as they come to the surface) to the more subtle issues that linger in the back of my mind?

I may or may not hit on the "remedy" in this process and I am okay with that. Ultimately, all of this is a process of self-discovery, which I value regardless of the outcome.
yes there would be value in it. in fact, that is sort of the way my mentor does homeopathic prescribing. we address the immediate symptoms with a remedy, in the hopes that it will reveal something deeper. he doesn't necessarily do one remedy at a time. he uses remedies intercurrently - meaning one week you might have a 30C potency of one remedy; the next week (or two) later, you would have a 30C remedy of a related but different remedy. then he'd move to a higher potency of both remedies. each time, however, it is a wait-and-see-then-reassess approach. he's also very intuitive about it (or maybe it's experience? he's been a homeopath for well over 25 years).

unrelated to your query, in one of my first intakes, i suggested that the patient take bioplasma as a regular maintenance thing, with mag phos (cell salt) for acute issues - migraines and muscle pain specifically. my mentor doesn't use cell salts regularly with a lot of patients, but this particular patient, I felt, would benefit from it. so that was one of my recommendations. he was pleased, in a sort of surprised way. it was especially apt for this patient because s/he already had exposure to both cell salts and homeopathy, so it wasn't difficult to explain it to her.

#976 ·
Quote:

to rebuild, in this context, would be to reduce the stress (via the correct remedy) so that you weren't working against a stress response. once that resistance is eliminated, healing can happen.

The only book out there is called Soul and Survival by Grant Bentley. It was written for people who wanted to understand the basic concepts. It's fascinating. There's some stuff online, but it's not great. I didn't realize the depth of the system until I started working with him. The book is quite riveting though.

This is an article on Homeopathic Facial Analysis:

http://www.homeorizon.com/homeopathic-articles/materia-medica/face-reading

and some free seminars:

http://soulandsurvival.org/content/grant-bentley-seminars

I have found it to be extremely useful and Grant was probably one of my best, if not the best teacher I had for homeopathy. I worked several cases alongside him and was always delighted to see the concepts play out, as they continue to in my practice.
Awesome! Thank you!
smile.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.