Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you so much for your suggestions, Panserbjorne

SAHM to tiphat.gif  & modifiedartist.gif
#122 of 1201 Old 03-05-2010, 02:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Is there any reason why cell salts would make my mouth tingly? I noticed it a couple times but thought it was a fluke... but tonight, I threw a bunch of them in my mouth (14 tablets total, phospates & bioplasma), and after chewing them up my tongue was definitely tingly on the side that I was chewing. Kind of like if you chew on a mint or something. Strange.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#123 of 1201 Old 03-09-2010, 12:46 PM
kl5

There is a new cell salt chart on the 1-800 Homeopathy website.

Kristen
#124 of 1201 Old 03-10-2010, 01:34 AM

I love using cell salts!!!
I have been using cell salts with this baby (14 months) the teething combo and he has gotten his teeth in much sooner than his sibs and so far they look great.
#125 of 1201 Old 03-11-2010, 05:35 PM

I currently have an extremely sore throat, scratchy cough and draining sinuses. After reading the first two pages of this, I went straight out and bought some Hyland's Bioplasma from WF. It was pretty pricey at almost $20 for 1000, so I hope I did the right thing. It says to take 4 at a time, every 15 minutes for up to 8 doses, when you have acute conditions, so this is what I am doing.

My youngest DS has also had a very runny nose, along with major sneezing, for over a week. He is 4 years old, so I gave him 2 tablets, but I think I'll stay with the 3 times a day thing for him.

Question: Can people have adverse reactions to cell salts?

Also, with my sore throat/cold, I've been taking grapefruit seed extract, echinacea/elder tea, extra C and D3, and CLO, along with 1+ cups of homemade chicken broth a day. Is there anything else I can do? I'm really hoping I don't have strep, since it's really going around this area.

ETA: I also am very achy all over and my skin feels sensitive.

Wife to Bri, mom to G (8), R (6), I (5). Expecting #4 - 8.16.11
#126 of 1201 Old 03-14-2010, 04:23 PM

Just curious how long to keep giving cell salts before you start to see results? DD has been taking them for about 6 weeks.
#127 of 1201 Old 03-20-2010, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
If you don't mind the lactose pellets I like www.1800homeopathy.com I think if you order all 12 (plus I always recommend the bioplasma as well which is a combo of all 12) you get free shipping. They also sell a kit of all 12 for around $50 but there aren't nearly as many doses in it. For about $8 you get 500 tablets if you go for the full sizes and they come in glass, which I love.
I'm only seeing the travel kit, the one for $50. Did they discontinue the larger one, or are they sometimes out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
just ordered a set last night. Can't Wait!
What did you buy?
#128 of 1201 Old 03-20-2010, 08:19 PM

Tanya, the other ones aren't a travel kit....that's just buying them singly. HTH!
#129 of 1201 Old 03-20-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Tanya, the other ones aren't a travel kit....that's just buying them singly. HTH!
Thanks.

So the travel kit is 12 bottles, 125 tabs each, 1,500 tabs plus the carrying pouch for $50 (plus shipping).

Buying singly, just the 12 that are labelled #1-12, in the 6x potency, is $8.95 for 500, or 6,000 tabs for $107 (6500 tabs for $116 including 1 bottle of bioplasma). Quite a bit more cost effective to buy the whole thing, if you think you're going to really use them and can swing it.

What are the cell salts with letters, are those just pre-made combos of #1-12 for a set of common problems?

And they sell the Biochemic Handbook for basically the same price as other places online, if one was ready to just jump in.
#130 of 1201 Old 03-21-2010, 07:29 PM

Tanya,
You got it. The letters are just common combos. For instance if you were having issues with your nervous system you'd just get "E" as opposed to buying the 5 salts in it. There are a TON of combos out there, and they are really, truly amazing.
#131 of 1201 Old 03-22-2010, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom61508 View Post
Just curious how long to keep giving cell salts before you start to see results? DD has been taking them for about 6 weeks.
My dd and I have been taking Silica and a few others for 2 weeks. I noticed that my dd's hair is already starting to look better, and that my perspiration doesn't smell as funky!
#132 of 1201 Old 03-22-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom61508 View Post
missed this the first time around. Yes, as camracrazy posted it can be very quick. it also depends on what you are giving them for. I would say that some you see a difference within a day (giving bioplasma or even just ferrum phos to boost overall vitality or shift a cold *can* change things that quickly) but if it's deeper stuff, cavities, slow hair and nail growth etc. it will be longer...I'd say around 3 months there should be a noticeable change. HTH.
#133 of 1201 Old 04-04-2010, 12:53 AM

How common is a reaction to the lactose? Sounds pretty rare? Maybe it's bad luck, I guess I'll know in a few days, but our cell salts arrived and I started giving all of us bioplasma a few times a day, and on day 2, DS is diarrhea-y.

DS does tend to get gastro upset from dairy, I'm not sure if it's the dairy itself or it makes him vulnerable to normal viruses/bacteria that wouldn't be an issue otherwise, but that's usually a bigger quantity of dairy than these little pellets. And we're dairy free (except for a few notable mistakes lately), so, well, I'm unclear on what's going on.

I guess I wait and see. I wonder where the impatient smiley is? Sorta like that but with a grumpy face.

And it sounds like it'll take 3 months to see any improvement in DH? Along with the set of 12, plus bioplasma, I got a bottle of the Tonic E....
http://www.1-800homeopathy.com/cell-...-tissue-e.html

Quote:
When energy feels drained or out of sync, due to illness, stress, growth or convalescence, this remedy’s replenishing cell salt ingredients help restore vitality and balance.
That seemed appropriate for him.
#134 of 1201 Old 04-04-2010, 10:30 AM

Wow, I just read through this whole thread and never knew these existed. I am going to have to save some $$ and try these.

I have been fighting a rash/hives and seasonal allergies. My DS has horrible tooth decay/cavities. He was born without enamel. Any recommendations? Or should I just buy the whole kit? TIA!!
#135 of 1201 Old 04-04-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
missed this the first time around. Yes, as camracrazy posted it can be very quick. it also depends on what you are giving them for. I would say that some you see a difference within a day (giving bioplasma or even just ferrum phos to boost overall vitality or shift a cold *can* change things that quickly) but if it's deeper stuff, cavities, slow hair and nail growth etc. it will be longer...I'd say around 3 months there should be a noticeable change. HTH.

ok great maybe I need to add bioplasma then
#136 of 1201 Old 04-05-2010, 10:37 AM

tanya - my oldest def reacts to the lactose. I've pulled back with him and am strongly considering getting the teeth support ones in lactose free. I'm not sure about m youngest. I think he is fine and so am I.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#137 of 1201 Old 04-06-2010, 11:22 AM

M2S, looks like it was a transitory digestive something, low-level virus? Whatever, kept up with the daily cell salts, yesterday's poop was fairly pretty, for poop.

And in other news, DD's ganglion cyst (what looks like a ganglion cyst to me, on the back of her left wrist/hand, pedi appt is next week to talk about a few things) is almost gone. It's a relatively new thing, but it was around for at least 2 months, and now there's a subtle lump that I can feel when I rub the back of her hand--it's not the obvious round ball that was there a couple weeks ago.

And my wrist is feeling better. In the past couple weeks, I've been feeling carpal-tunnel-ish (best guess, never had this issue before), I think irritated by poor posture at the computer. But it's getting better, and I hadn't yet resolved to less computer time, or actually putting the laptop on a desk and using a mouse instead of the touch pad. But it's a lot better than a week ago.

Maybe it's an amazing coincidence, but the timing adds up to when we started the cell salts. And my feet aren't stinky anymore either.

This is decidedly odd, I wasn't actually looking for short-term improvement in anything, but I'm thinking these suckers are staying in the supp lineup permanently.
#138 of 1201 Old 04-06-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post
M2S, looks like it was a transitory digestive something, low-level virus? Whatever, kept up with the daily cell salts, yesterday's poop was fairly pretty, for poop.

And in other news, DD's ganglion cyst (what looks like a ganglion cyst to me, on the back of her left wrist/hand, pedi appt is next week to talk about a few things) is almost gone. It's a relatively new thing, but it was around for at least 2 months, and now there's a subtle lump that I can feel when I rub the back of her hand--it's not the obvious round ball that was there a couple weeks ago.

And my wrist is feeling better. In the past couple weeks, I've been feeling carpal-tunnel-ish (best guess, never had this issue before), I think irritated by poor posture at the computer. But it's getting better, and I hadn't yet resolved to less computer time, or actually putting the laptop on a desk and using a mouse instead of the touch pad. But it's a lot better than a week ago.

Maybe it's an amazing coincidence, but the timing adds up to when we started the cell salts. And my feet aren't stinky anymore either.

This is decidedly odd, I wasn't actually looking for short-term improvement in anything, but I'm thinking these suckers are staying in the supp lineup permanently.
That's great. What were you giving her for the cyst? DD has one beneath her eyebrow. She's had it since birth. I think they called it a dermoid cyst.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#139 of 1201 Old 04-06-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
That's great. What were you giving her for the cyst? DD has one beneath her eyebrow. She's had it since birth. I think they called it a dermoid cyst.
I wasn't doing anything. Ganglion cysts, if they're not painful or restricting range of motion, seem just fine to leave alone--I was going to ask our pedi if I was right, I've never seen a ganglion cyst before, but it matched pics/descriptions online. I figured it had a reason, probably not a good reason, for developing, and it was new, so that's not great, but I didn't have any great revelations as to what to do. The only thing that's changed recently, besides me working on my poor mood (which may be a contributing factor for DD, but I haven't made a 100% amazing turnaround yet) is the cell salts. I'm just using bioplasma cause I haven't gotten the booklet yet that describes what else to do.
#140 of 1201 Old 04-10-2010, 08:02 PM

DD's suspected ganglion cyst is totally gone. Guess I can't ask the pedi about it on Wednesday.

So, quick question for those more experienced with cell salts than I. They're not like homeopathic remedies in that they can cause irritation/aggravation of the problem they're solving, while it's on the way to being solved, right?

DH's athlete's foot is back, and he's got a bit of a rash on his knee. But this probably isn't an aggravation from the cell salt, right? It's a real thing to address?

(yes, I'm still waiting for the booklet to arrive, so if this is addressed there, well, I'll read it as soon as it comes).

Thx.
taigalux likes this.
#141 of 1201 Old 04-10-2010, 09:59 PM

Tanya- what book did you get?

#142 of 1201 Old 04-10-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
Tanya- what book did you get?
I've got the Biochemic Handbook on order, it's the first one Panserbjorne mentions in this thread. They sell it the same place as the cell salts, but I forgot to add it to my cart, so I ordered it somewhere else, and shipping is taking forever!
#143 of 1201 Old 04-11-2010, 10:57 AM

So I'm looking at the cell salts at bestmade.com without the lactose (I reacted to regular homepathic pills with lactose, so I'm going for these). But I don't see any Bioplasma on there. They list all the cell salts togethere, but there's no real search function on the site. Is there a bioplasma from somewhere else that's lactose free? I want to try these on me (nerve issues, new water retention, no appetite, back spasms - looking at Kalium Phos, Magnesia Phos, and Natrum Phos), DS (almost 10yo - food intolerances, whininess, and other things - Kalium Sulph, and Natrum Mur), and DD2 (5yo - I'd like to increase her appetite and help her sleep - Natrum Mur is the only thing that sounded right for her).

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#144 of 1201 Old 04-11-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
So I'm looking at the cell salts at bestmade.com without the lactose (I reacted to regular homepathic pills with lactose, so I'm going for these). But I don't see any Bioplasma on there. They list all the cell salts togethere, but there's no real search function on the site. Is there a bioplasma from somewhere else that's lactose free? I want to try these on me (nerve issues, new water retention, no appetite, back spasms - looking at Kalium Phos, Magnesia Phos, and Natrum Phos), DS (almost 10yo - food intolerances, whininess, and other things - Kalium Sulph, and Natrum Mur), and DD2 (5yo - I'd like to increase her appetite and help her sleep - Natrum Mur is the only thing that sounded right for her).
Kathy,

I got mine from PB. I believe she orders them from someplace far away. I think she's placing an order soon (I need some) so you might want to send her a note asking about them. Be aware that the lactose free ones are *much* more expensive than the lactose ones.

ETA: I tried that link and it didn't work.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#145 of 1201 Old 04-11-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Kathy,

I got mine from PB. I believe she orders them from someplace far away. I think she's placing an order soon (I need some) so you might want to send her a note asking about them. Be aware that the lactose free ones are *much* more expensive than the lactose ones.

Thanks. I emailed her. I can't chance the lactose ones.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#146 of 1201 Old 04-11-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post
DD's suspected ganglion cyst is totally gone. Guess I can't ask the pedi about it on Wednesday.

So, quick question for those more experienced with cell salts than I. They're not like homeopathic remedies in that they can cause irritation/aggravation of the problem they're solving, while it's on the way to being solved, right?

DH's athlete's foot is back, and he's got a bit of a rash on his knee. But this probably isn't an aggravation from the cell salt, right? It's a real thing to address?

(yes, I'm still waiting for the booklet to arrive, so if this is addressed there, well, I'll read it as soon as it comes).

Thx.
I have no idea. We haven't had that happen, but we've only done them acutely. And they have made a huge huge difference getting over stuff. The Bioplasma especially. I was actually quite surprised, and didn't expect to see as big of an improvement as I did. They really work.
#147 of 1201 Old 04-11-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post
I've got the Biochemic Handbook on order, it's the first one Panserbjorne mentions in this thread. They sell it the same place as the cell salts, but I forgot to add it to my cart, so I ordered it somewhere else, and shipping is taking forever!
I need to order that!
#148 of 1201 Old 04-11-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
I *think* it's the General Tonic (#28) under the combination remedy section. They also have one of the cell salts listed over there instead of the cell salt section. Like I said... their website sucks.

Quote:
Kathy,

The BestMade ones are the ones that PB orders. That's who got mine.

#149 of 1201 Old 04-11-2010, 09:40 PM

Does anyone have an opinion on cell salts helping me to tolerate nutrients? 1000 iu Vit D, 1000 mcg B12 and any oral magnesium make me exhausted now after being able to tolerate them for a few months. It takes days for me to recover from only 50mg of oral mag. I can't understand since I should need them all, especially mag while chelating. But I can only tolerate a small amount of the mag oil. I'm going to get some bioplasma, but wasn't sure if there is also another salt or combination that might help.

:::
#150 of 1201 Old 04-15-2010, 10:22 AM

Pansjerborne- What would you recommend for a strained oblique?

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page