Tell me about cell salts. - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 1201 Old 04-28-2010, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
Sorry I've been MIA. This was going to be my week off, but it hasn't quite worked out that way.

So, that's kind of a lot going on there and you may do better with individualized support. I'd have to ask a lot of questions to narrow things down based on that description as many of those symptoms depending on how they present would require different salts.

You can certainly keep up with the bioplasma (you can get different amounts from different companies...I know Hylands sells 1000 tab bottles.) I can get giant jugs of it, but they aren't the soft tablets.

Hope that helps!
Have been soooo sick...am just back after 2 weeks of yuck. I will keep up with bioplasma and I suppose get the biomechanic handbook to learn more. I agree individualized support would be best. We do work with an ND, but he's not into homeopathy that much. If I can save enough $, perhaps we can do a phone or email appointment

As for bioplasma dosages for DS. I have been doing 2 tabs 3x/day....is that sufficient?

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#182 of 1201 Old 04-28-2010, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I usually end up doing something around there. I aim for four times a day and rarely remember to do it!

If you are all sick though I would personally do more. You can take them very often when you are in an acute situation.
#183 of 1201 Old 04-28-2010, 04:58 PM

Wow! This is fascinating. I have worked with a homeopath for constitutional and acutes for several years now, but have never heard of cell salts. They sound so useful! Need to look into the books referred to above. You are amazing PB, to answer everyones questions. I have so many, but will attempt to answer some with the book sometime soon. I did take a quick look at the Cell Salt Chart someone linked and it made me concerned that figuring out which one was the right for each circumstance would be tricky. People had referred to the phosphates as helpful for sleep, but the closest description was one that talked about relaxing muscles. I know that with the remedies I have, there are descriptions on them but when my homeopath recommends one it is often one that by description doesn't seem to necessarily fit. I am hoping the books mentioned above offer more than the chart. Thanks for all this info everyone!
#184 of 1201 Old 05-18-2010, 08:25 PM

Bump. Good thread!

I'm looking at cell salts as a way to help DS and DD finish healing their cavities- we had done great on the protocol I had been using, but DH lost his job and we couldn't afford to keep it up. After 11 months he was able to find a job and we're now trying to recover and get back on track. I'm looking at adding this to our dental healing protocol.

KerryAnn @ CookingTF dot com - Nutrient dense foods your kids will LOVE!  Real Food Cooking School and Lactofermentation Classes now live! Use coupon code "CTF" for 20% off.

#185 of 1201 Old 05-19-2010, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krankedyann View Post
Bump. Good thread!

I'm looking at cell salts as a way to help DS and DD finish healing their cavities- we had done great on the protocol I had been using, but DH lost his job and we couldn't afford to keep it up. After 11 months he was able to find a job and we're now trying to recover and get back on track. I'm looking at adding this to our dental healing protocol.
Curious about your protocol have you posted it?

Glad things are getting back on track for you
#186 of 1201 Old 05-19-2010, 02:56 AM

Can someone recommend a cell salt for my son. He has liver disease and his alkaline phosphatase is elevated. He takes bioplasma already. Thx.

xoxoxox

#187 of 1201 Old 05-19-2010, 10:23 AM

I've posted about it extensively on my traditional foods forum and i believe I've posted about it here before, too. It's basically using large amounts of trace minerals, bone broth, using tooth cleaning methods with no glycerin, taking CLO and butter oil, copious amounts of a quality salt, lots of leafy greens, no sugar, no white flour, probiotics from kefir and LF veggies, etc...

KerryAnn @ CookingTF dot com - Nutrient dense foods your kids will LOVE!  Real Food Cooking School and Lactofermentation Classes now live! Use coupon code "CTF" for 20% off.

#188 of 1201 Old 05-19-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
I've posted about it extensively on my traditional foods forum and i believe I've posted about it here before, too. It's basically using large amounts of trace minerals, bone broth, using tooth cleaning methods with no glycerin, taking CLO and butter oil, copious amounts of a quality salt, lots of leafy greens, no sugar, no white flour, probiotics from kefir and LF veggies, etc...
DId you use any supplements? I will check out your forum as well!
#189 of 1201 Old 05-19-2010, 04:35 PM

The supplements I used were-
Cod Liver oil and butter oil by Green Pastures
K2 and D3 dots by Twinlab, as we tested as having low D3
Concentrace or generic equivalent in everything we drank or ate
Ionic Fizz at a quarter-dose as a general support, in case we were missing anything in our diet.

#190 of 1201 Old 05-19-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
The supplements I used were-
Cod Liver oil and butter oil by Green Pastures
K2 and D3 dots by Twinlab, as we tested as having low D3
Concentrace or generic equivalent in everything we drank or ate
Ionic Fizz at a quarter-dose as a general support, in case we were missing anything in our diet.
And now Cell salts

Thanks for the info. I like hearing from other moms what they're doing in case someone has an idea I haven't heard! Like bluebirdmama using clay for teeth.
#191 of 1201 Old 05-28-2010, 10:13 AM

Came over here from the cavity thread. WE do cod liver oil butter oil and Vit D, raw milk when we can afford it, pastured butter and cream, still no luck.

I am so excited to learn about these cell salts. DS will be getting them for sure and I will probably be taking some for myself as well. Still reading and learning all I can.

I was wondering if taking Himalayan salt would be just as good? or is that totally different?

I have ridges in my nails and I get plenty of calcium and vitamin D, what do you all think about cell salts for that? ( or whatever it is that I am not getting that is causing that)

Medium Sessions, Psychic Readings, Astrology Consultations and Mother Blessings www.magicalmoongarden.com
#192 of 1201 Old 05-28-2010, 10:33 AM

I have an order going in today for the lactose free cell salts. If anyone needs/wants them let me know please!

The single salts lactose free are $10
The combination lactose free salts are $14

The homeopathic first aid kid which contains one bottle of each of the 12 salts (550 tablets per bottle) as well as 49 lactose free liquid remedies, a few tinctures and ointments is $150 right now. So for $30 extra you can have 49 first aid remedies that are lactose free as well as some other goodies....the calendula ointment in this kit is the best.
#193 of 1201 Old 05-28-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
I have an order going in today for the lactose free cell salts. If anyone needs/wants them let me know please!

The single salts lactose free are $10
The combination lactose free salts are $14

The homeopathic first aid kid which contains one bottle of each of the 12 salts (550 tablets per bottle) as well as 49 lactose free liquid remedies, a few tinctures and ointments is $150 right now. So for $30 extra you can have 49 first aid remedies that are lactose free as well as some other goodies....the calendula ointment in this kit is the best.
I am considering getting lactose free cell salts because my ds is sensitive to all dairy and I wonder what the daily doses of cell salts are doing to him. If I need them should I order through you or will you share your source?

We just cut out ghee, our last bit of dairy and we saw amazing healing for ds. All this time I thought ghee was fine, so now I have stopped giving cell salts until I can figure things out. Anyone with dairy allergies find the cell salts w/ lactose are fine? (tanya?)
#194 of 1201 Old 05-28-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom61508 View Post
Like bluebirdmama using clay for teeth.
I wish could say that that worked for me completely, but it didn't. It may have helped my teeth a small amount, but it messed with my gums even more so I stopped using it all the time. For some reason it helped 3 yr dd. Now I am working on other teeth applications using myself for a test subject. Dh thinks I am crazy with all the stuff I try and apply to my teeth at night. My latest is nettles and I go to bed with green teeth. Time to update in the dental forum...
#195 of 1201 Old 05-28-2010, 11:45 AM

If you want them you'd order through me in order to meet the minimum. You can order salts independently without an account that are lactose free, but they are far more costly. I think the cheapest I have found were $17 or so per salt.

My older two (dairy free) can handle the lactose based salts just fine. My youngest does not.
#196 of 1201 Old 05-28-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamapits View Post
Came over here from the cavity thread. WE do cod liver oil butter oil and Vit D, raw milk when we can afford it, pastured butter and cream, still no luck.
All of these things didn't work for me either. We developed cavities while we were using all these things, so it is not a one size fits all. How is your magnesium intake? Have you posted about it on the dental forum? Perhaps you could get some good feedback there. The main reason that I think, those good things didn't work for us and were possibly a detriment is that we are allergic to them. I have had to find alternatives to those essential healing foods, and I am still trying to figure out how things are working for us...

The cell salts (and clay) was the turning point for dd's cavities, really the only difference that helped her heal.
#197 of 1201 Old 05-28-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
All of these things didn't work for me either. We developed cavities while we were using all these things, so it is not a one size fits all. How is your magnesium intake? Have you posted about it on the dental forum? Perhaps you could get some good feedback there. The main reason that I think, those good things didn't work for us and were possibly a detriment is that we are allergic to them. I have had to find alternatives to those essential healing foods, and I am still trying to figure out how things are working for us...

The cell salts (and clay) was the turning point for dd's cavities, really the only difference that helped her heal.
This is my hope, that this will be the turning point. I think we are ok as far as allergies are concerned. I think the cell salts will help ds to absorb what he needs from these healing foods.

I also make high mineral teas often as well.

and the clay is my next stop.

But I have to tell you this world of cell salts is so very interesting to me.

If there is a positive side to all of our teeth challenges, it is finding all of this great info.

Medium Sessions, Psychic Readings, Astrology Consultations and Mother Blessings www.magicalmoongarden.com
#198 of 1201 Old 05-28-2010, 12:47 PM

I feel the same way. The positive side is being able to find great information that you would overlook if you didn't need it!
#199 of 1201 Old 05-28-2010, 12:55 PM

OK I am off to see if I can find some locally.

I just found this site that makes it even more interesting to me. It is the corresponding astrological signs and planets to the cell salts.!

http://www.taffney.com/colors3.html

Very awesome

#200 of 1201 Old 05-28-2010, 12:57 PM

Just ran across this thread -- fascinating! I never knew anything about cell salts before. Don't have time right now to read the whole way through, so apologies if this has been addressed, but are there lactose-free cell salts that can be taken by a 2.5 yo?

Sort of lost here .. He has some unidentified digestive issues (probably immature GI tract), low iron binding capacity & subsequent low ferritin serum, tooth decay (likely from a combo of infant reflux + early dentition), possible eczema, cradle cap, and probably some food intolerances, dairy being one. Also a speech delay, which we're trying to figure out whether is due to food intolerances or not.

He, um, also hates taking meds. Though he was put on phosphorus pills (little round white crunchy balls) and he liked those just fine. What sort of form do the cell salts take?

TIA!
#201 of 1201 Old 05-28-2010, 01:27 PM

bluejaunte, just saw where you are from, and I was born and raised in NP. Much of my family still lives there. I think of the area all the time, and miss smoothies from Karma Road, and pizza from Rocco's.

Anyway to be on topic, sure sounds like food allergies. Have you looked into the allergy section for help with that. Mamas over there have been so helpful and we have really overcame much. My ds did have many of the symptoms you posted and cutting out dairy has cleared that up. I can't say much about tooth decay as he has none yet. I sure hope with all these cell salts he has no decay.
#202 of 1201 Old 05-28-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejaunte View Post
Just ran across this thread -- fascinating! I never knew anything about cell salts before. Don't have time right now to read the whole way through, so apologies if this has been addressed, but are there lactose-free cell salts that can be taken by a 2.5 yo?

Sort of lost here .. He has some unidentified digestive issues (probably immature GI tract), low iron binding capacity & subsequent low ferritin serum, tooth decay (likely from a combo of infant reflux + early dentition), possible eczema, cradle cap, and probably some food intolerances, dairy being one. Also a speech delay, which we're trying to figure out whether is due to food intolerances or not.

He, um, also hates taking meds. Though he was put on phosphorus pills (little round white crunchy balls) and he liked those just fine. What sort of form do the cell salts take?

TIA!
Has he been tested for celiac disease?

He could take any of the lactose free salts, but specifically I'd look at ferrum phos, calc fluor, calc phos and silica. I'd also consider the combination of all 12.

They are very similar in size/taste to the remedies you are describing. They take a bit longer to melt, but it's very similar.
#203 of 1201 Old 05-28-2010, 02:01 PM

Negative on 4 celiac tests. We're trialing GF to see if he's got an intolerance. Only 1 week in so we'll see.

Will the combination of 12 be enough, or should I be dosing those specific ones more heavily?

Also, are they lactose-free, or are lactose-free ones available? And if so are those the same size/taste as the phosphorus pills I mentioned?

Thanks so much!
#204 of 1201 Old 05-28-2010, 02:07 PM

Yes, you can get them all lactose free, but they can be difficult to find. The ones that I carry are $10 each (lactose free) and the combos are $14. That doesn't include shipping.

I would personally do the individuals as well as the combo. You can also get them in liquid form but those are super expensive.

As I said they are very similar to the phosphorous....a tiny bit bigger and they take a bit longer to dissolve, but very similar.
#205 of 1201 Old 05-28-2010, 02:46 PM

Panserbjorne: Awesome. Thanks so much! How does one order from you?

bluebirdmama1: Yeah, about the food allergies/intolerances. I had a RAST panel run even though he's never had a histamine reaction to anything and a number of things came up positive. Then I read a ton about the huge false positive rate in the RAST and the allergist told me that the RAST was pretty much garbage if it wasn't being used to verify a histamine reaction to a specific food. So who knows. He certainly seems to have intolerances -- GI reactions mainly, though most of those have been outgrown, and a week or two on probiotics is doing a world of good so far, I think. So I have no idea. But yeah, like you, dairy is the one I knew he had issues with, so we're off that. Am trialing gluten/wheat now. (I did ask over on Allergies but since he's never had a classic allergic reaction -- hives, swelling, wheezing, rash, vomiting, anything -- despite being, for instance, RAST 3 for peanut -- they didn't seem to know what to make of it over there either. He's a mystery.)

Also, yay! I love New Paltz. It was the first town I moved to when I left home and eventually I just came back. We bought a house a few miles outside town about a year ago.
#206 of 1201 Old 05-28-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Then I read a ton about the huge false positive rate in the RAST and the allergist told me that the RAST was pretty much garbage if it wasn't being used to verify a histamine reaction to a specific food.
Did they do a SPT to verify/compare to the RAST results? RAST can have false positives AND false negatives, and I'm stunned that they would just completely discount the results. Why even run the test if they think it's garbage? I would urge you to find a new allergist that will take this seriously and have more testing done. I can name at least 2 foods that my DD ate for weeks (eggs) or months (coconut) before showing classic IgE reactions (hives), and then lo and behold, she tested positive on a SPT or RAST. Those serious symptoms can appear at any time, and especially with something as potentially fatal as a peanut allergy, I hope that you have an epipen and emergency action plan.

Sorry...OT.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#207 of 1201 Old 05-28-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Panserbjorne: Awesome. Thanks so much! How does one order from you?
You can just email me and let me know what you want-we'll go from there.
#208 of 1201 Old 05-28-2010, 04:00 PM

Panserbjorne: Will do! Thanks again!

changingseasons: OT is fine, I'm still looking for answers on the food things! To clarify, the allergist didn't run the test. I was trying to get to the bottom of J's mystery symptoms and had his ped order a bunch of tests (liver, thyroid, allergy panel, etc.) and what the allergist was saying was that if I'm not seeing an IgE reaction to discount it. Yeah, I didn't like him much either. I definitely have an epipen and am keeping him off of peanuts/trace peanuts. We're looking into doing a skin test, but he's so terrified of doctors now I can't even imagine holding him still for 20min while the results come up. It took four people to hold him down last week to have a tick removed. How do people even do the skin test on a terrified (and super strong) toddler?
#209 of 1201 Old 05-28-2010, 04:15 PM

The local natural foods place had them in stock.

Question: It says in the insert to take them at different times? I got 3 for my sons cavity issues.

Calc Phos,
Calc fluor and
silica

They say something loke take 1/2 hour apart.

Any thoughts on that wise Mamas?

#210 of 1201 Old 05-28-2010, 05:22 PM

I don't pay too much attention to that. I haven't found it makes a lick of difference. However if it makes sense to you, certainly you can follow it!

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page