Tell me about cell salts. - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 1201 Old 06-02-2010, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
exactly. There are about 4000 remedies out there, and one will match you and support your system. There are other remedies that can help, others that can alleviate discomfort or help to correct certain imbalances. But there is one remedy that will support you in health in every way.
I bet that one would be impossible to figure out without a professional no?

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#242 of 1201 Old 06-02-2010, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's quite a task with a professional! So on your own? Not likely.
#243 of 1201 Old 06-02-2010, 05:49 PM

I know of a good homeopath if anyone is interested. She totally rocks. I can give the info.

(pictures taken, just need to stay awake long enough at night to figure out how to put them in the computer.)

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#244 of 1201 Old 06-02-2010, 06:23 PM

It'll be fun! I promise!
#245 of 1201 Old 06-02-2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrace View Post
i am trying to prep my body for another pregnancy and have a question regarding what might be best to take prenatally with regards to midline defects, bowel/digestive issues and any neurologically beneficial salts or remedies for baby. during the last trimester of my previous pregnancy i had significant edema (legs and feet) and awful cholestatis that exacerbated my stress levels. these are two things i hope to avoid during my next pregnancy. did any of you prepare in advance for conception?

i know, lot of questions, but i hope you will all share your thoughts!
For the cholestasis and edema, I'd be looking at acupuncture. I did it preventatively during the last trimester of my last pregnancy, and my blood pressure actually went down in my last trimester. Acupuncture is so very supportive; I wish I'd done it the whole pregnancy.

And I second the CST. Acupuncture and CST.

Mama to two sweet boys, a 7yo superhero.gif and a toddler coolshine.gif.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein

#246 of 1201 Old 06-02-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
(pictures taken, just need to stay awake long enough at night to figure out how to put them in the computer.)
Isn't that what husbands are for?
#247 of 1201 Old 06-02-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
exactly. There are about 4000 remedies out there, and one will match you and support your system. There are other remedies that can help, others that can alleviate discomfort or help to correct certain imbalances. But there is one remedy that will support you in health in every way.
That sounds amazing! Is it hard to figure out which one is for *you*
#248 of 1201 Old 06-02-2010, 11:16 PM

mbravebird, that's a great point and one I'm glad you brought up.

Homeopathy has the ability to do everything that acupuncture does, but not everyone will resonate with both. If you have used acupuncture with great success then it is a good modality for you. Same with homeopathy. There are variances, obviously between methods and practitioners for both but the reality is they are truly quite similar IMO/E.

The point is that there are many modalities that are working in their own unique ways to accomplish the same goal. The main thing is to find one that works for you. I know people that had no luck with homeopathy but did great with acupuncture. For me, I don't like acupuncture (for myself personally-not as a modality) but respond very well to homeopathy/flower essences. So I use them and subsequently chose to pursue a degree. There's nothing wrong with trying both and seeing what you experience either! I just wanted to throw out that what I have seen for the last decade or so is that people do tend to have certain things that yield better results for them and they they are more attuned to. That's something to pay attention to.
#249 of 1201 Old 06-02-2010, 11:17 PM

Tanya,
The cell salts and remedies I tend to use are Best Made.
#250 of 1201 Old 06-02-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom61508 View Post
That sounds amazing! Is it hard to figure out which one is for *you*
In a word? Yes. It takes a lot of training, experience and, well...intuition to some extent. You have to know what information is important and what is not-how to wade through the much and find the jewels that lead the way. It's also more than just finding the remedy...it's knowing how to administer it, in what potency and what to do when new things pop up. That doesn't mean that you can't use homeopathy at home, or that you cannot be helped without a practitioner. You can. Plenty of people on the acute thread self dose when they need it. Constitutional prescribing is very different.
#251 of 1201 Old 06-03-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post
Isn't that what husbands are for?
usually - poor guy though is having some explosive poop issues. Could it be possible he is reacting to the double strength, full glass of rrl tea I made? It wasn't intended for him. I water it down for myself and have a little every day. He said he had mucous and possibly blood in his poop last night. But, even after feeling yucky, he went to the store with the boys at 9:00, so that I could rest.

Anyway - to keep on topic. I am thinking cell salts will be good for this. Will sign off, check it out and report back.

so:
nat mur
silica
ferrum phos

#252 of 1201 Old 06-03-2010, 01:19 PM

Is the ferrum phos actually used to correct anemia in lieu of supplements? My son's on Floradix now because he hated the rx stuff and it messed up his teeth, but I've just learned that his problem isn't anemia per se, but low iron binding capacity (his GI says because of immature digestive system). It's going up on its own, but slowly. Is ferrum phos likely to help that along?
#253 of 1201 Old 06-03-2010, 01:36 PM

If ferrum phos is the right choice, it will help his body better utiliyse the iron in his body.
Is he improving without the Floradix? Certainly skip the rx version.

#254 of 1201 Old 06-03-2010, 01:59 PM

His TIBC/UIBC seem to be going up without any supplementation, but because they're lower than normal, his ferritin serum is chronically iffy. (It was <1 when we first had it tested, and only climbed to 22 after 3 months of high-dosage rx supplementation.) He hasn't been on the rx stuff for a year -- and then only because I didn't know about Floradix.

I ordered some of the ferrum phos as well as some other salts for his teeth and the blend of 12 for overall health. Exciting!
#255 of 1201 Old 06-04-2010, 02:38 AM

Wow, this is such an informative thread. I have had some cell salts in my cupboard for a while but forgot about them and will definitely pull them out.

I was wondering about my daughter what you would recommend: She is about 4, sometimes complains her knees hurt(sometimes she wakes up crying saying they hurt), bruises easily, doesn't eat near enough veges and good things like broth, has very slow growing thin hair, was speech delayed, gets a bloated belly a lot, privates smell yeasty a lot and she will itch them, when things are bad she chews and drools, is emotional, serious, and whiney.

As for me I am trying to get pregnant and will get the bioplasma, but was wondering what is good for low ferritin and iodine levels? I also have thin hair, receding gums, see-through teeth, noisy cracking bones, tmj, and foggy brained. Wondering you would recommend for me.
I really appreciate all your wonderful advice...Thank You!
#256 of 1201 Old 06-07-2010, 05:15 PM

Okay, got the cell salts to help dd's teeth recover from the yeast and all her juice drinking. DD really loves them and asks for more. Right now I'm giving her two each, four times a day, of calc fluor 12x, kali mur 6x, and calc phos 6x. I'm also taking 4 of each myself and she nurses regularly.

When she wants more, are any of them okay to give more often? Right now, I'm treating them like her multivitamin which she already knows she can only have twice a day.
#257 of 1201 Old 06-09-2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
Thanks to Panserbjørnes advice, we started using cell salts several months ago when my 2 yr old dd's enamel was showing decay. I have given it to her everyday since then, and her teeth are just about healed. The one top tooth is completely healed and the lower one that was worse to begin with is almost better, more like glossed over and scarred from the decay. What would I do without cell salts.

I still would like to learn more and use them for myself.
When did you notice an improvement?
#258 of 1201 Old 06-09-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingMe View Post
I was wondering about my daughter what you would recommend: She is about 4, sometimes complains her knees hurt(sometimes she wakes up crying saying they hurt), bruises easily, doesn't eat near enough veges and good things like broth, has very slow growing thin hair, was speech delayed, gets a bloated belly a lot, privates smell yeasty a lot and she will itch them, when things are bad she chews and drools, is emotional, serious, and whiney.
Have you considered food intolerances for her? I know this is the cell salt thread, and those can help either way, but I'm just wondering...

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#259 of 1201 Old 06-09-2010, 12:35 PM

I've been using cell salts on and off for years. It's interesting, though, I ahve some concerns about my 13 yo dd that I just can't seem to find the answer for nutritionally and today I stumble on this thread and it seems to answer my questions-get back to the cell salts!
Anyway, just happy to have been pointed in what feels like the right direction.

Wife, mom to 6 great kids!...avid crafter, music lover,  reader, gardener!

homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif novaxnocirc.gif homebirth.jpg

#260 of 1201 Old 06-11-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
When did you notice an improvement?
Took about a month to see changes but we were using pascalite clay too.
#261 of 1201 Old 06-15-2010, 05:16 PM

i just found this massive post, and i will read through it but in the meantime, what would i use for anxiety and panic attacks due to stress (filed for divorce from semi-crazy person, going into custody battle, etc).
#262 of 1201 Old 06-15-2010, 07:00 PM

meandk I don't know this stuff well enough to make great suggestions. Some people have good results with magnesium for anxiety, stress and caffeine and such deplete mag in me. I don't know if mag phos + magnesium is a good combo, maybe it is?

... Wanted to share an interesting turn in our cell salt experiment.

DS and I need ridiculously high amounts of supplemental K in order to not have nosebleeds (him) or bruise easily or have sensitive teeth (me). Seems to run in the family, some of my family have similar issues. Well, I'd pretty much honed in how much K I needed to give him, it's been stable for more than a year, I think. Since starting cell salts for me (bioplasma for a while, added silica after that and a couple others very recently), I realized that I'd been slacking on my K supp and I feel fine. So I started experimenting with DS's supps and I've been able to cut his K supp in half. Wow.

I've also been able to halve the kids' zinc supps--we have more health stuff going on than most people, I'm not suggesting everyone needs mountains of pills. But it really seems to suggest that it would help people absorb nutrients from food--I don't think it's specifically helpful for pills--and THAT's pretty darn cool. This stuff seems to work! And it's actually saving me money at this point, which is a nice bonus.

#263 of 1201 Old 06-15-2010, 09:11 PM

it's amazing to see how this stuff plays out. I had no idea you had issues with nosebleeds...I would have rec'd exactly what you are doing and you did it on your own. Neat. I'm so thrilled for you that you are seeing changes. I really can't stress enough how well these things work when people are diligent about them. Especially people who are in a fragile place nutritionally. They are just a MUST in pregnancy as far as I'm concerned!

Ah, and for the stress, I'd do nerve tonic E-the biochemic phosphates. For anyone with ridiculous stress levels. Tanya is right that mag phos is a good one-but you'd get more relief if you did all five.
#264 of 1201 Old 06-15-2010, 09:34 PM

off to take my bioplasma

#265 of 1201 Old 06-16-2010, 11:42 AM
mek

I've now read through this thread twice, and I'm still confused how to help dds (3 and 8 yrs old) heal cavities. I know calc fluor, calc phos and silicea are recommended. Panserbjorne has said that cell salts can often be taken mixed and can be together in a metal water bottle. Can I mix calc fluor, calc phos and silicea? How many would you recommend for my dds? I am using unda cell salts because dd2 gets an upset stomach from dairy. Will they disolve? They don't seem to quickly disolve in cold water. Can I use hot water? Also, I put xylitol in dd's water bottle for her teeth. Can I mix cell salts with xylitol? I'm trying to figure out a routine that is doable. Thanks in advance for your help!
#266 of 1201 Old 06-16-2010, 12:48 PM

Are the Unda cell salts lactose-free? The ones we use (Best Made, ordered from PB) are lactose-free, and they definitely don't dissolve either. I just give them to DD a few times a day and she chews them up.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#267 of 1201 Old 06-16-2010, 01:12 PM
mek

Earlier on this thread Panserbjorne said "If you need sucrose or liquid it's a bit trickier....but there are sources. I'll post a few resources when I get back home! Seroyal does a great job and they are sucrose tablets-not terribly easy to find for most though." Unda is part of Seroyal
#268 of 1201 Old 06-16-2010, 02:19 PM

Unda's are lactose free.

You can mix them, and with xylitol as far as I know. You *can* use hot water if you like. Maybe just a wee bit to dissolve, and the rest in cold. That or you can crush them up yourself with a mortar and pestle.
#269 of 1201 Old 06-16-2010, 02:51 PM

I've just started taking bioplasma and learning more about cell salts.

Does anyone have any suggestions for leg cramps? My mom and sister get them terribly. Up until recently, I've never had them but, last night, in the middle of the night, I had one so bad I had to walk and walk and walk until it let up.

I do take calcium / magnesium daily. I take a multi daily. Can anyone suggest anything additional?
#270 of 1201 Old 06-16-2010, 02:59 PM

taking bioplasma regularly should help because you'll be getting the calcium/magnesium/potassium. Generally those cramps are an imbalance and more often than not it's mag that is needed. For that in addition to mag supplements you can try mag phos cell salt. Or a specific combo of calc phos/mag phos/kali phos.

How do you take cal and mag now? It's fairly important to take magnesium apart from calcium to get the benefit. It could be that you just need to shift that and take mag at night (if you aren't already doing that.)

If that doesn't shift things I'd focus on potassium as a fix.

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page