Mothering Forum banner

Tell me about cell salts.

131K views 1K replies 123 participants last post by  Dhalia14 
#1 ·
I've seen these around - does anyone take them, and why?

TIA!

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
all the time. What would you like to know? They are a significant part of my practice as well. I find them to be invaluable.
Please expand!

Which ones do you use? And what kind of effect in your life? Do you give them to your kids?

#5 ·
I use all of them, some more than others. Oh my goodness, of course I give them to my kids! I think everyone should. They are so easy to use and just truly wonderful tools. In terms of effect....they do exactly what they are meant to. If they have colds they stop them. If they I have a headache, they nip them in the bud. They are excellent post surgery or chemo to build people back up. I have women take them post birth as well as during pregnancy. I literally have every single pregnant woman I know or see on them. They lay the groundwork for the body to access nutrients. They help with dentition, whether it's painful or faulty. They are magnificent for injuries, stress, chronic illness...the list goes on.

I think that they are a perfect way to start getting into self care. They are easy to learn, easy to use and the results are clear. They really help build confidence.

#8 ·
Thanks to Panserbjørnes advice, we started using cell salts several months ago when my 2 yr old dd's enamel was showing decay. I have given it to her everyday since then, and her teeth are just about healed. The one top tooth is completely healed and the lower one that was worse to begin with is almost better, more like glossed over and scarred from the decay. What would I do without cell salts.

I still would like to learn more and use them for myself.

#10 ·
If you don't mind the lactose pellets I like www.1800homeopathy.com I think if you order all 12 (plus I always recommend the bioplasma as well which is a combo of all 12) you get free shipping. They also sell a kit of all 12 for around $50 but there aren't nearly as many doses in it. For about $8 you get 500 tablets if you go for the full sizes and they come in glass, which I love.

If you need sucrose or liquid it's a bit trickier....but there are sources. I'll post a few resources when I get back home! Seroyal does a great job and they are sucrose tablets-not terribly easy to find for most though. I order from Best Made and they are sucrose as well. However I still do love the lactose at times! They dissolve very quickly and kids adore them.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
we started using cell salts several months ago when my 2 yr old dd's enamel was showing decay. I have given it to her everyday since then, and her teeth are just about healed. The one top tooth is completely healed and the lower one that was worse to begin with is almost better, more like glossed over and scarred from the decay.
That is fantastic! Isn't it amazing how well they work? And it's not like it's some strange herbal product. They are just nutrients your body needs anyway in minute doses. So cool.

#12 ·
Quote:

Thanks to Panserbjørnes advice, we started using cell salts several months ago when my 2 yr old dd's enamel was showing decay. I have given it to her everyday since then, and her teeth are just about healed. The one top tooth is completely healed and the lower one that was worse to begin with is almost better, more like glossed over and scarred from the decay. What would I do without cell salts.

I still would like to learn more and use them for myself.
Isn't that great!!!! Which ones did you use? You planned on talking more about that in another thread but I don't think you did???Maybe I missed it tho.

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mom61508 View Post
Isn't that great!!!! Which ones did you use? You planned on talking more about that in another thread but I don't think you did???Maybe I missed it tho.

I meant to, but I am scatter brained sometimes, and forget.

I used Calc Phos 6x everyday and some days I gave Calc Flur 6x. These I determined by pendulum testing (like muscle testing).

#14 ·
Another story of cell salts is when I was pregnant with my dd and she was due in a few weeks. My midwives had my iron count tested and I was extremely anemic. So anemic that I was not allowed to have a homebirth if it did not go up. Iron is one of those things you can't rush and there would have been no way to get it up fast enough. With lots of prayer, and cell salt Ferrum Phos 6x, several doses a day, and with my dd arriving 3+weeks late, I got my iron up very well and was able to have a homebirth.

#15 ·
Quote:

I meant to, but I am scatter brained sometimes, and forget.

I used Calc Phos 6x everyday and some days I gave Calc Flur 6x. These I determined by pendulum testing (like muscle testing).
And to add, I have given her silica 30c a few times when she was teething heavy. I gave that potency since I didn't have a 6x around, but it still worked. If it were for longer term dosage, I would have gotten a 6x of it.

#16 ·
Another newbie question: When dosing kids, do you use them as remedies for issues (teething, headache) and/or every day, like a vitamin?

I'm assuming that there's no issue around overdosing...I know that the Bioplasma by Hylands is sold here, I might pick it up.

Thank you thank you !

#17 ·
Quote:

And to add, I have given her silica 30c a few times when she was teething heavy. I gave that potency since I didn't have a 6x around, but it still worked. If it were for longer term dosage, I would have gotten a 6x of it.
Wow great...thank you. I too am SO scatter brained
I was going to PM you but didn't want to bug ya
And I'm sure wlong with cell salts you did a lot of dietary things to help her teeth as well?

#18 ·
Just wanna say that I ran out on the way to ps pickup and bought Hyland's Bio-XII with all 12 cell salts that they produce, a 1000 tab bottle. The owner said he'd been giving his son cell salts since he was 3 mos old, like a vitamin, daily. Also said his teeth came in really early, maybe because of it.

http://www.harvesthaven.com/healthaids/cellsalts.html

I think it's called Bioplasma in the US.

#20 ·
We only have a few different salts right now, but plan on buying a full set very soon.

Yesterday, I noticed I needed to cut my youngest son's nails. Now that doesn't seem like a big deal, but this is the first time I needed to cut his nails in years.
In another thread someone asked what we have been doing.
I have been a bit more consistent about supplements and I have been pendulum testing which ones are best at the moment.
I also have been regularly giving my boys the cell salts (calc fluor, calc phos, silica). I think this was a major determiner for nail growth. I think it helps them utilize the nutrients that I am giving them.

#22 ·
Quote:

You certainly can give them that way-but it's a different schedule than if you are using it for acutes. You do want to take breaks. And, you want to be sure you are using cell salts and not just a remedy at 6X.
Oh boy, how do I know it is cell salts and not just 6x's? I have a bottles of Kali Mur 6x that I thought was a cell salt when I bought it online, but it came in a regular glass bottle and seems like a regular remedy. I do have calc fluor and calc carb 6x's that are different in texture, kind of melty in the mouth.

And the "you want to take breaks", what does that mean? Does the books you recommended talk about that and other instructions?

#23 ·
a cell salt is different than a remedy. Cell salts are NOT homeopathic. They are nutritional. 6x is a dilution, not a potency. If you buy cell salts they can come in different "potencies" but it's not the same meaning as standard homeopathics. You can get 3X, 6X and 12X generally. I prefer 6X...though I do like calc fluor every now and again at 12X. Some combos do have it like that (Melange is one) because Shuessler originally used it at 12X. My personal home "kit" is all 6X though.

So, as long as it's sold as "cell" or "tissue" salt you should be okay.

The books are good...but the second I mentioned (while excellent) isn't as clear in what the salts are vs what they aren't.

In terms of breaks...you can do it many different ways. You can take them daily and take one week off a month. You can take them during the week and take the weekend off. I don't always do this myself (
) but I miss enough days that I figure it all evens out!

Again, this is my take on it-other practitioners may have other opinions.

#24 ·
Quote:

I do have calc fluor and calc carb 6x's that are different in texture, kind of melty in the mouth.
hmmm, since calc carb isn't a cell salt I'm not too sure about that. Most of the salts that are widely available are in tablet form though, not pellet. That's not to say you can't find them that way...it's just not the norm.

#25 ·
Quote:

hmmm, since calc carb isn't a cell salt I'm not too sure about that. Most of the salts that are widely available are in tablet form though, not pellet. That's not to say you can't find them that way...it's just not the norm.
I was typing while focusing on my teething babe, so I meant to writev calc phos. Thanks for pointing that out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.