These days it seems that everyone I know has been touched by cancer. I've lost several family members to it, and DH is about to lose his brother to lung cancer (young, non-smoker). We are going through chemo and radiation horrors right now, and I never want to see myself or my partner go through this
I've been thinking about compiling a cheat sheet here of info about cancer prevention, for us, for our kids...dietary, via supplements or what not. Please feel free to add your own ideas.
- DON'T SMOKE! Try not to work in smoky places. This includes pot!
- limit processed meats and red meat, or eat leaner red meat
- limit refined flours and sugar
- limit salt
- maintain a healthy BMI
- limit fruit and veggies with pesticides if not organic (esp berries)
- limit alcohol (linked to breast, colon, mouth, liver cancers)
- NO TANNING BEDS!!
- meditate! stress reduction is a must
- antioxidants!! Vit C, dark berries and veggies
...I'll be back with more!