anyone with bad experience with Melaleuca products? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-06-2010, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Melaleuca and their products are they truely all natural? What's been your experience with their products? Anyone with good experience with their products?
#2 of 5 Old 03-16-2010, 08:35 AM

I'm curious about them as well...
#3 of 5 Old 03-16-2010, 02:05 PM

Here is my experience with Melalueca. I've used their products, on and off, for the past 12+ years, so I've had a chance to use a lot of them. This is just my opinion. I am no longer a "customer", because of financial, and other, reasons.

I love their first aid products. The Melalueca oil, Melagel, muscle cream, etc. are excellent. There is no beating them. I put either Melaleuca oil or the Melagel on everything, including pimples, scrapes, burns, etc. Love them.

Renew is great for dry skin or exzema (sp?) or even some rashes. IMO, one of the best lotions on the market. The Nicole ****** facial care is good, too, but I don't know much about the makeup, since I don't use a lot. I'm not a fan of their shampoos and conditioners, though. But, their glycerin soaps are really good and smell great, too.

I will not eat any of their food products, because they put sucralose in everything, even if it has sugar in it. I don't get that. And it's too bad, because I used to eat their Attain bars, before I knew they had sucralose.

The supplements are good, but it can sometimes seem like you are taking handfuls at a time. The women's supplements are 2 vitamins and 2 calciums in the morning, and 1 vitamin and 2 calciums in the evening, plus whatever other supps you are taking. I've ended up taking 10+ pills/caps at a time, which makes me want to throw up. Speaking of throwing up, you MUST take their supps with food, or you WILL throw up.

Their candles are soy based and smell yummy. I do like those a lot.

That said, I do believe that SOME of their products are "all natural", but I don't think that applies to all of them. Their lip balm, which works really well, says that it does not contain petroleum, however, it DOES contain petrolatum, which is basically the same thing. (But, I've found that the lip balm is the best thing for bug bites!)

I can't think of anything else, but if you have any questions, I'll try to answer them.

ETA: I just remembered they have cleaning products, too. Those are hit or miss, but the Sol-U-Mel is great for taking out the hardest stains, while their laundry detergent doesn't seem to do a great job. They don't have scent-free dryer sheets, either.

Wife to Bri, mom to G (8), R (6), I (5). Expecting #4 - 8.16.11
#4 of 5 Old 07-22-2010, 09:59 AM

I think Melaleuca is great. I love their liquid soap and everything for laundry. Heard about it here http://melaleuca.pissedconsumer.com/ about a year ago and now use only their products. I'd like to work with them but I won't be able to meet their min monthly order
#5 of 5 Old 07-23-2010, 03:55 AM

I used to do Melaleuca a few years ago. I quit when realized that their products weren't as natural as they want to make you think and when I couldn't make the minimum monthly sales. I do like their Sol-U-Mel and their dishwasher detergent though.

: Robyn : Increasingly crunchy Mama to Kya (8) , Makena (7) , and Keegan (4) :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page