URGENT!!! Kawasaki's Disease - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-06-2010, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My oldest son went to the ER last night and they think he might have Kawasaki's disease, has all but like one or two of the symptoms. They said they could not say yes for sure because his fever had only been about 4 days and not five and that it was on the lower end.
Well today it has been where it has been but I just took it and it is 104.4. Today would be day five of the fever. I am thinking I should call and tell them and I know they are going to want to do Immunoglobulin Therapy. I need to know what you all think of this. I know how one sides docs are, I need the other side PLEASE! I am calling them in the next two hours I think

Living DAIRY AND GLUTEN FREE for my SPD and Aspergers Little Man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-08-2010, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamastePlatypus View Post
My oldest son went to the ER last night and they think he might have Kawasaki's disease, has all but like one or two of the symptoms. They said they could not say yes for sure because his fever had only been about 4 days and not five and that it was on the lower end.
Well today it has been where it has been but I just took it and it is 104.4. Today would be day five of the fever. I am thinking I should call and tell them and I know they are going to want to do Immunoglobulin Therapy. I need to know what you all think of this. I know how one sides docs are, I need the other side PLEASE! I am calling them in the next two hours I think
My daughter had Kawasaki when she was three years old. We did the IVIG therapy (I think she spent 3 days in the hospital total?). It was like magic and she felt better the next day, after having been so listless with fever the week before. The risk of heart disease later in life seemed too great to us to avoid the treatment. My DH or I were with her in the hospital 24/7 and she was treated well. Getting the IV inserted was tough (just to warn you).

((hugs))
Davidah
#3 of 3 Old 06-05-2010, 08:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my dd also had Kawasaki. I was wondering how your outcomes are now. We are due for our 2 yr check up at the cardiologist and I am nervous.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page