Molluscum contagiosum - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-16-2010, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think my 5 yo DD may have Molluscum contagiosum. I first noticed a couple of lesions end Dec. She has only about 5-6 lesions - all near her belly button and thigh, the largest one disappeared 2 weeks ago. Should I just wait for the others to disappear too or is there a natural cream I can apply? I thought about trying tea tree oil or should I just leave them alone? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2010, 12:56 AM

My five-year-old has molluscum as well. The doctor recommended a natural cream called Black Cream which we used for several days. It is literally black and rubs off on clothes. It also smells like BBQ chicken cooking on a charcoal grill! We didn't stick with that very long! We are currently trying a liquid medicine called Zymaderm which I ordered online. It was recommended by the doctor and is applied sparingly to each bump twice a day. After using it for two weeks a few have gone away, but a few other have appeared, and others remain the same. From what I've read, the virus will run it's course, but it could take a year. In the meantime, it's contagious. Another option our ped. gave us is to freeze them off. If we don't see more progress in a couple of weeks, we may go that route. A friend whose son also has it was told by her dermatologist not to break them open or they will really spread. Her dermatologist is applying something to several bumps at a time which is supposed to make his body start building immunity to the virus to knock them out. Hope all this helps and good luck!
Old 04-12-2010, 10:01 PM

my son had this as a baby. i went to a homeopathic doctor and it took us a few tries but when we got the correct remedy it just cleared right up. i don't remember the remedy as it was many years ago...

Talia Rose - mountain mama to Grace and Xack::  h20homebirth.gif :homeschool.gif  goorganic.jpgwhale.gifchicken3.gif

www.organicgrace.com Products Healthier for Humans and Gentler on the Earth

User Tag List