ear leaking clear fluid - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-27-2010, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had horrible pain in my ear last night along with a fever so I went in today and the doctor said I had a "doozy of an infection". He said there was a lot of puss in my ear.

After I left the hospital the pain got super intense for about an hour and I went to lie down. When I was in bed I could hear fluid moving around in my ear and it started leaking a lot. At first it was brown/pinkish and now it is just clear. The pain has eased up quite a bit now but i'm worried about all this fluid.

Will it just pass on it's own?

Jamie, busy Mama to my sweet little O Man, loving wife to Brian, and very excited about our new addition, the J Man, here after ourh20homebirth.gif
                                                   Unexpectedly expecting a new little one in November!!!belly.gif
#2 of 5 Old 03-27-2010, 04:42 PM

Mine sounded just like yours. I was diagnosed with Myringitis and a classic middle ear infection. I had about 48 hours of drainage and then things closed back up again and I ended up with another ear infection on top of it. I just finished a course of antibiotics as it was resolving on it's own and a month of pain in my ear is enough for me.

I hope yours resolves w/o incident and pronto. Ear pain is excruciating. I would have rathered birth a few babies than deal with the ear pain. Seriously.

Erin sharing life with a burly husband and two rad boys 7/06 & 5/09 : : Zone 9-ish
#3 of 5 Old 03-27-2010, 04:45 PM

My ds had an ear infection a couple of months ago that was leaking fluid. Leaking as in dripping and wetting the shoulder of his shirt. He had a fever, pain, and dripping for a few days before I took him to the dr. He was given some antibiotic drops for his ear and I was told his ear should be clear in the course of the drops. (7-10 days). After 10 days he was still dripping, but his fever was gone. It took another week or so for the dripping and the pain to stop. So, his ear was dripping for 2 1/2 weeks, and I am not sure if the eardrops really did help, or if it was just time that took to heal his ear.
#4 of 5 Old 03-27-2010, 06:22 PM

Are you sure you didn't rupture eardrum?

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/rup...ardrum/DS00499

Quote:
Middle ear infection (otitis media). A middle ear infection often results in the accumulation of fluids in your middle ear. Pressure from these fluids can cause the eardrum to rupture

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#5 of 5 Old 03-28-2010, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWrangler View Post
Are you sure you didn't rupture eardrum?

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/rup...ardrum/DS00499
I'm pretty sure this is what happened. I'm just not sure if this warrants another trip to the doctor? My husband is worried about my hearing.

Jamie, busy Mama to my sweet little O Man, loving wife to Brian, and very excited about our new addition, the J Man, here after ourh20homebirth.gif
                                                   Unexpectedly expecting a new little one in November!!!belly.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page