feeling like something is wrong.... and concerns about possible miscarriage - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 03-29-2010, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This may be long... I am actually waiting on a call back from the OB nurse. I started the mini pill last month after being on nothing hormonal as pregnancy prevention (besides breastfeeding). Of course, and as I predicted I would, I did not take them the same time every day and missed a few. I had 3 periods in 5 weeks. The last one was horrible and unlike any I had ever had. (TMI) Heavy Heavy red bleeding, clots, soaking through 1 super tampon an hour. What was most concerning to me was the horrible stabbing pains that came along with it. Almost like labor pains, but felt through my vagina, into my cervix, and beyond. They lasted about 15 seconds and I had many throughout the day. I couldn't walk during them.... it was that bad. The bleeding stopped several days ago, almost abruptly; however, I continue to have these stabbing pains inside that stop me in my tracts and cause me to double over. I am really really concerned that something isn't right. I thought that perhaps I was experiencing a miscarriage due to the pain and heavy bleeding, but I am just really worried at this point that something isn't right. I have Googled my a$$ off and I have come up with many possibilites, but still, what good does that do me?

Any advice, suggestions, experiences?? TIA

Blessed with two BEAUTIFUL little girls: Kylie (09/06) and Maggie (4/09) :
#2 of 10 Old 03-29-2010, 12:57 PM

How horrible!

Did they do a pregnancy test prior to starting the mini-pill? I ask because this early of a pregnancy miscarriage, in my experience, was not that physical. That's if I'm understanding right that you'd be very early into a pregnancy if it even occurred. I'd wonder about hormone fluctuations with the introduction of and irregularity in taking the pill perhaps? The mini-pill timing even really does matter in my understanding, let alone skipping days. I hope everything is ok and you feel better soon.

Obviously, if I were you I'd not use this form of birth control. It doesn't sound like it's going to be anything close to effective for you in preventing pregnancy.

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

#3 of 10 Old 03-29-2010, 01:02 PM

The pain you are describing were common for me, until I stopped using tampons. Within two periods my period went from being 5 days of hell to not having to take motrin at all. Hope you hear back from OB nurse soon!

Heathyr hang.gifBlessed Catholic Wife to DHwheelchair.gif Devoted Mama to DS1 biglaugh.gif(3/17/08) and DS2blowkiss.gif (8/5/2010)familybed1.gifcd.giflactivist.gifribboncesarean.gifx2 
#4 of 10 Old 03-29-2010, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

I'm in the obgyn waiting room now. They didn't call me back so as I was heading to urgent care I tried them again and they told me to come in. I started pumping at lunch and all of a sudden I felt like I was in labor. Stabbing pain and it feels like my uterus and ovaries are twisted. I am scared and on top of that embarassed that I haven't shaved ANYTHING in a while haha. It normally takes a lot for me to go to the dr but I am really concerned.

#5 of 10 Old 03-29-2010, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I will pray for you.
#6 of 10 Old 03-29-2010, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazsmum View Post

I will pray for you.
Thank you!

Well the dr said I had a collapsed cyst on my ovary. He thinks that has been causing the pain. I also have blood in my urine so he said if I get another episode to go to the gen practitioner. He wrote me off the rest of the day but with 2 little girls and dh at home, I don't know how much resting I will get haha.

#7 of 10 Old 03-30-2010, 02:51 PM

I hope you're feeling better today, jeli, and that your DH let you get some rest yesterday. and

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#8 of 10 Old 04-02-2010, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

Well... When my WBC came back elevated they sent me to the er fearing appendecitis. The ct scan mirrored that fear however when I got into surgery it turned out to be a ruptured leason on my small intestine. They took 4 inches of that AND my appendix. So 4 days later I am sitting in hospital with a ng tube (the worst thing ever) and haven't eaten since Monday. Morphine pump is nice though lol. Just thought I would update. Please always follow your gut (no pun intended) when something just doesn't feel right.

#9 of 10 Old 04-02-2010, 06:55 AM

Praying for you!
#10 of 10 Old 04-02-2010, 11:39 AM

Keeping you in my thoughts.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page