doseaging question for Oregano oil for 3 yr old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-26-2010, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was wondering if anyone has used Oregano Oil for their small children? I learned on the pinworm thread by another poster that it isn't for young children but I have treated a many of things with it in the past as my hcp advised of this. It turns out Oregano oil can be used to treat this parasite but now I am needing to be cautious as I don't know how long to treat and then retreat of course. Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2010, 11:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I also read not to use it on children. It is a very potent oil, and I wouldn't use it without a consultation with a knowledgeable professional.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

I should clarify here that we have been using the Thompson brand that is diluted in a base of virgin olive oil. But I read not to use for children and since we all have one liver and I now know what I know I will be taking her to our ND to find his cure for these pinworms. I'll post the results here or the pinworm thread.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Our doctor suggested it for my son--he's done it several times over the years. I trust our doctor.
I would only use the P73 form by PHP though. I wouldn't use other forms. You want one with the harmful substances removed. I only trust that company. They told me to only use the regular strength with a child. I found dosage pretty easily. It's much lower dose than adults (like once a day for example at young ages, one drop, etc.)

For pinworms we did pinworm medicine. Is there a reason you're opposed to it? The oregano oil is very strong tasting and pinworm med will be much easier (and it's one dose, another dose in a couple of weeks vs. every day of the much stronger/more objectionable oregano oil). And the oregano oil is also antibiotic so it'll wipe out her good bacteria with all the potential effects of that. If you do it treat her like she'e on an antibiotic in terms of frequently dosing heavy duty probiotics at least three hours away from your oregano. I'm a fan of oregano oil in the right form when needed. It's a super heavy hitter or what I consider a "big gun" so I reserve it for stuff that needs that. I don't throw pinworms in that category.

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

Old 04-27-2010, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Well the dr. called her in a RX but I didn't want to resort to that. We have a ND in our area and I was thinking of taking her in for this. I didn't realize like you put it that it was the big GUN until reading all about oregano oil the past few days it like kills everything including herpes!! I was told by our chiro. to give this to her once for something I don't even remember what it was then but after reading how not to use on children I am going to go establish a patient basis with the new ND. I have been wanting to do that anyway but we have BCBS and my husband and I are clearly not on the same page when it comes to medicine he wants them to do to what he calls REAL Doctors! ERGGGG Whole nother subject I could right pages on this argument. lol

User Tag List