12 y/o w. shingles.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 04-27-2010, 12:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dd was 6 mos. old when she got chicken pox from me (I had shingles [my one and only time]. When she was 5, her younger sister got CP naturally (from someone else this time!) and she had a mild case of about 5 pox. Dr. said that getting CP under one year does not confer full immunity, but from then on she should be fine.

About 1.5 weeks ago, I took youngest dd to a pox party. Youngest is still asymptomatic (Weds. is about the earliest anything would show up), but 12 y/o had a painful, swollen red bump on the side of her face that dr. dx'ed at shingles.

dd has Crohn's disease, but is not on immunosuppressants, just doing the Specific Carbohydrate Diet and has been off meds for 1.5 years.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here? I am taking her for acupuncture on Weds, but, geesh, 12 is a bit young to be getting shingles!!!!!!! Any ideas to help my dd get and stay healthy? I really do not want this to become a chronic thing for her....

Thanks so much!

Mama to four great girls: 14 , 12 , 7 and 4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page