vomiting with Amoxicillin? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-01-2010, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 2 yo DS who has been on Amoxicillin since Monday night. Last night I gave it to him after he had been asleep a while b/c we forgot to give it to him with dinner
Around 3 he woke up vomiting, and proceeded to vomit another two times after that within 3-4 hours.
He wanted to eat this morning so I have given him some saltines and water and he has kept them down with no problems....
Has anyone else seen this with their LO's? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
(I do have a call in to the dr. but haven't heard back yet.)

Stay at home mom to: Finley Linnea 7-9-04 and Maxton Cramer 3-28-08 and lovin' my artist hubby!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2010, 12:52 PM

were they given on an empty stomach? often antibiotics can upset the stomach pretty bad if not given with food.

DS1 Dec 2009 fuzmalesling.gif DZ Twins July 2012 babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif

Old 05-01-2010, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

I guess really they were given on an empty stomach. He ate a little dinner around 6ish and then it was around 10 that I gave the dose. The dr. called back and felt like it wasn't the meds, but a bug instead...He seems to be feeling better now but still think the meds might have played a part.

Stay at home mom to: Finley Linnea 7-9-04 and Maxton Cramer 3-28-08 and lovin' my artist hubby!

Old 05-01-2010, 09:03 PM

Yup, abx can be tough on an empty stomach (lots of meds can). I'd give the meds with food from now on, just to be safe.

Reminds me of the time I forgot to eat when I took my Vicodin (after a double root canal). Wooooooboy, that was a bad idea. Hope your little one feels better soon!

User Tag List