Lump found on labia - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 05-04-2010, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I found this small lump type "thing" on my labia...think it's the labia, I could be wrong. It's the outer "lips" part anyway.

I only noticed it was there when I wiped after going to the bathroom and felt something feel a little sore/itchy -ish as I wiped over it. So I felt the area and there was a small lump, but maybe it's a zit/spot? Can you get them down there?

I couldn't really see it when I tried to look in the mirror, but from touching it, it's definately on the outside of the skin not under...if you know what I mean? Like a facial zit is how I can best describe it feels like. It doesn't feel sore or itchy at all unless I touch it or wipe over it, then it does a little.

Any idea what it could be? I have recently done an STI test which came back negative a few weeks ago, because I had some UTI symptoms and wanted to be safe, but it turned out to be just a UTI, thankfully.

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

#2 of 14 Old 05-04-2010, 03:30 PM

Ingrown hair is my first thought. I get them a lot because of shaving but even if you dont shave they can still happen.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 14 Old 05-04-2010, 04:05 PM

I get those too! I hate them bc its uncomfortable...but i figure it is an ingrown hair. I get yearly STD tests and all negative returns.

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#4 of 14 Old 05-04-2010, 04:11 PM

I remember when I was in university I felt a bump on my labia one day and freaked out. I told my good friend about it and she said she had had that before too (on a few occasions) and it had gone away. I decided to watch and wait and sure enough mine went away too. Not sure what it was though. I would say to a) not freak out, and b) give it a week or two to see if it disappears on it's own. If not then give a call to your HCP.

I hate mysterious bumps on the body.

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

#5 of 14 Old 05-04-2010, 04:14 PM

Can you get them there?!?!?!?! .

Ingrown hair, and they SUCK!!!
#6 of 14 Old 05-04-2010, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
It could be a pimple or an ingrown hair.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#7 of 14 Old 05-04-2010, 07:29 PM

I've had both ingrown hairs and pimples there. They usually resolve in a day or two.

I actually can't think of a body place that I haven't had a pimple!

Not momma yet, but momma to a ton of furry, scaly, slimy and feathery critters. whale.gifribbongreen.gif
#8 of 14 Old 05-05-2010, 03:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiseau View Post
I've had both ingrown hairs and pimples there. They usually resolve in a day or two.

I actually can't think of a body place that I haven't had a pimple!
Oh ok, I guess it's a pimple then. I don't think it could be in ingrown hair because it is further insider than where the hairs tend to grow.

How long should a pimple down there take to go away? It's been there for about 2 weeks already which is a bit worrying....I didn't ask about it until now because I was hoping it would go away by itself, but it doesn't seem to be.

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

#9 of 14 Old 05-05-2010, 10:31 AM

If it's INSIDE the outer lips, between the outer and inner lips, it could be an infected Bartholin's gland. When I had one, it was pea-sized and extremely sore, and looked like a red lump on the skin. It happens when the gland, which you probably never even knew was there, gets clogged with sweat or whatever, and gets gunky. I wound up taking a three-day course of oral antibiotics, and it was gone by the second day. It can also be treated with topical treatments.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#10 of 14 Old 05-05-2010, 02:56 PM

It could also be a result of a herpes infection, which is very, very common. Herpes testing is NOT part of STD screenings and your doctor would need to culture the sore to confirm.
#11 of 14 Old 05-05-2010, 05:20 PM

oh, samy, i have this, too! i know exactly what you mean, i think. mine's been off and on since december or so. :^/ it feels almost exactly like a flea bite or some other kind of bug bite. it has a white center, and its at the upper inside part of the vulva/labia, near the clitoris, but more towards the outside, if that makes sense. i've been searching like CRAZY to figure out what it is! i had a baby one year ago, and i thought maybe that had something to do with it, like hormonally?

mama to Jack 5/3/09 wife to family of
#12 of 14 Old 05-08-2010, 12:28 AM

I had one of those too years ago that got bigger and bigger. (you can get a zit anywhere on your body pretty much) I finally did some bathroom surgery on it (stuck it with a pin) cause I couldn't take it anymore and it just completely exploded and then went away.

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#13 of 14 Old 05-08-2010, 04:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llyra View Post
If it's INSIDE the outer lips, between the outer and inner lips, it could be an infected Bartholin's gland. When I had one, it was pea-sized and extremely sore, and looked like a red lump on the skin. It happens when the gland, which you probably never even knew was there, gets clogged with sweat or whatever, and gets gunky. I wound up taking a three-day course of oral antibiotics, and it was gone by the second day. It can also be treated with topical treatments.
This is what I was going to say. It could be a Bartholin Gland cyst. I've had it twice. Once from wearing a thong and the second time I have no idea how I got it. The Ob/Gyn who saw me the first time I had such a cyst said it can also be caused by bike riding and very vigorous intimate relations. Her treatment - apply warm compresses several times a day. She said most Bartholin Gland cysts go away on their own and mine always did.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#14 of 14 Old 05-08-2010, 02:14 PM

There is a medical term for it, but I've forgotten, begins with an F I think. It's basically an infected hair follicle. I used to get them a lot and post-pregnancy I had it HORRENDOUSLY, so much so that I went to the doctor thinking it was herpes. Bacteria from soaking in bath tubs can cause it - something I had done a lot of after giving birth. I haven't had a bath since and nor have I had any of the spots. I remembered - it's called Folliculitis.

babyboy.gif: 01/10/2009 and 09/29/2011

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page