I feel like I am losing my mind!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-13-2010, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
background: I have suffered from anxiety and then depression for 10 years. I have done well with a combination of Rx, support systems, prayer, faith and until last week was able to cope, deal, move on in a healthy manner. And I have been through a lot! I had a complete/total hysterectomy 2 1/2 years ago and have been taking estrogen since.

in the last week I feel like I have been having one, long, continuous hot flash! I cry if you look at me -- no reason. I know it is coming, I avoid situations/people/conversations when I know it will happen. and I scream, and I mean SCREAM!!!!! so far I have managed to be out of earshot of anyone -- alone in the car on the side of the highway is a good place.

I have an appt with both my psychiatrist and gynocologist next week.

BUT I FEEL LIKE I AM LOSING MY MIND!!!! Has this ever happened to you? Truly, it has started in the last week, mostly since Monday. It isn't even Friday yet . . . . .
#2 of 5 Old 05-14-2010, 03:10 AM

I don't have any advice but couldn't read without this: . Hang in there! Hope someone else has good advice for you.

Kali (pka Michelle) ~ crunchy wife to Cory (09/06) ~ Mama to H (03/90) & I (06/92)--bothnocirc.gifbf.jpg BF for 35 consecutive months ~ angel1.gif x 4

#3 of 5 Old 05-14-2010, 11:26 PM

Oh mama, that sounds horrible.

I haven't lived this experience myself but I have to say that it definitely sounds far and beyond depression and anxiety (esp. since both are being well managed by various means) and is likely hormonally related. Wishing you good luck in getting some quick answers and relief. I'll be watching this post for an update after you talk to your drs.

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

#4 of 5 Old 05-15-2010, 10:11 AM

I couldn't imagine a week long hot flash, I'd be losing it too! Have you tried homeopathic remedies. I have used Sepia for menopausal related hot flashes and depressed mood. I find it helpful.

Hope that you find relief soon.
#5 of 5 Old 05-15-2010, 02:10 PM

does it help at all if you delay or reduce your estrogen?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page